Greetings and Salutations

Harkonnen

String
Nebulae
Hello everyone,

I have been playing on the server for a week now around 20:00-24:00 UTC+3 with a very generic name Nikolai Sokolov and figured it was also a good time to register to the forums to be able to read all parts of the guides among other things. I "tried" HL2RP couple of years ago but it was maybe for a couple of hours because I was mosty intimidated since it was my first RP experience and I didn't know what to do. Now some time passed and I tried GmodRP again but this was on FalloutRP (not giving server names because on some forums it was a ticket to get banned for "player poaching" but there is only one good server for FalloutRP anyway.) and I spent most of my time there. It was semi-serious RP and I managed... ok. Now, my first experience on this server for the week was mostly on exploring, on the process managed to get my first beating by not knowing what terminals do (and mostly because the screen was too bright I didn't realize I called for officers) and then couldn't get medical assistance because beatings are untreatable and tried to find help in unconventional zones such as the sewers leading to finding people who were living apart from combine rule and even managed to make a friend. All in all it was a good experience. I really want to give HL2RP and the server a shot but since I am not really good at RP or more so I don't have any real experience with RP I find myself at a loss on what to do even though I followed all the advised guides. I know I am supposed to create my own fun but aside from the stuff I mentioned I mostly walk around waiting for ration time. I came to conclusion it's mostly because of my character and how generic it feels as I said at the start of the introduction. I decided to spend some time on the weekend about coming up with a character with a better backstory and the like.

I am sorry for long text but I just kept on writing my thoughts and this was the result. If you have any advice for a person new to serious rp I would like to hear them as well.

Hope to have fun time here with you all!

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae