Half Life Role Play: VR

Nebulae
If this were to actually become something in the future would you buy it? This would be role play that has full body tracking, accurate hit boxes, an in general complete VR experience. So no /mes anymore, no timescale issues, voices are usable, etc.

This sounds very fun, I would definitely spend the money on that gear to play something like this. Imagine being able to experience the Resonance Cascade for yourself, or to be a Vortigaunt and form your very own Vortibeam, even being able to enjoy S2K with realistic fights.

Edit: I don’t mean a VR where it looks like how Half Life does now, I mean as in the game is practically real life.

Last edited:

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
image0.jpg

Reactions: List

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Probably not myself, while our current HL2RP has a lot of jank as a result of being a source game, I wouldn't be too interested in the concept due to VR Chat existing, which for me gives me a good impression of what it would be like, very hard to take seriously.

Plus erp is bad enough as it is, but with voice and full body tracking... oh god...

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Something that would be cool is Project Borealis RP (basically HL2RP in UE4)

Reactions: List

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I sent in my stuff to try and apply to get on the project, waiting to hear back, but if it works, I'll sneak in a RP mode.
Sneak a CNS face into the skybox of the map

sky_

florida man
Nebulae
If this were to actually become something in the future would you buy it? This would be role play that has full body tracking, accurate hit boxes, an in general complete VR experience. So no /mes anymore, no timescale issues, voices are usable, etc.

This sounds very fun, I would definitely spend the money on that gear to play something like this. Imagine being able to experience the Resonance Cascade for yourself, or to be a Vortigaunt and form your very own Vortibeam, even being able to enjoy S2K with realistic fights.

Edit: I don’t mean a VR where it looks like how Half Life does now, I mean as in the game is practically real life.
waiting for the squeaker halfway in the ground like "guys wtf why am i so short."