News Halo: Master Chief Collection megathread

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
The soundtrack composer of Halo ODST and Reach has died this week, a sad event for the Halo Community, dude made some fucking bangers.
Which composer? I thought you meant Martin for some reason

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
If you thought that Adobe Flash closing down at the end of 2020 was bad, watch this
halo-1.jpg

Reactions: List

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Y'know, I love how they're closing down the Xbox 360 servers.

Yet the fucking 2004 port of Halo 1 still has servers (some have a full playercount too!)
44598FE045520ED63D786F9751E512CFACE832DB

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Not sure if the right thread, but oh man. The fact that they confirmed Elites won't be playable due to the story being a "Spartan" one is really frustrating. I loved the badass elites, especially when you could play those chad dinosaurs.

I think another part of the reason was them being hard to implement, but I have hopes still. I just don't get the argument story-wise, as in Multiplayer I don't think the story will matter.

LykosNychi

Nucleus
Nebulae
Not sure if the right thread, but oh man. The fact that they confirmed Elites won't be playable due to the story being a "Spartan" one is really frustrating. I loved the badass elites, especially when you could play those chad dinosaurs.

I think another part of the reason was them being hard to implement, but I have hopes still. I just don't get the argument story-wise, as in Multiplayer I don't think the story will matter.
We've only been asking for over a decade now, what could the issue be?

Hard to implement? Sure. They have to design a skeleton that may not be in the- oh wait aren't there already hostile Elites in the Banished anyways? So maybe they have to rig it for players- oh wait hasn't that been done.. Three times already?

Sounds like they just didn't want to assign resources to it because it didn't fit their 'vision' of Halo Infinite, which is.. disappointing.

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
We've only been asking for over a decade now, what could the issue be?

Hard to implement? Sure. They have to design a skeleton that may not be in the- oh wait aren't there already hostile Elites in the Banished anyways? So maybe they have to rig it for players- oh wait hasn't that been done.. Three times already?

Sounds like they just didn't want to assign resources to it because it didn't fit their 'vision' of Halo Infinite, which is.. disappointing.

Fully agreed. I couldn't care less about dual-wielding or anything else, I really just want to be dinosaur :(

Just look at the Halo Fangame Elite Announcement, where everyone literally went bonkers after Elite were shown as playable.

It's quite concerning overall, because if they continue on this path of 'following their vision', I'm worried that they'll dance around player feedback because it doesn't fit their narrative.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
iirc playable elites were awful for balancing issues, they had really wonky hitboxes and the actual number of players that want them are so insignificant that it's not worth the resources. it's a really vocal minority that wants playable elites again.

that being said, infinite is slated to have a shelf-life of 10 years so they could possibly come later down the line.

Shwani

Electron
Nebulae
tbh I dont care that much, playable elites are cool but they never were that significant to me. can totally see why people want them so badly though, seeing spartans alone can be monotonous in a game where so many varied species appear

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
iirc playable elites were awful for balancing issues, they had really wonky hitboxes and the actual number of players that want them are so insignificant that it's not worth the resources. it's a really vocal minority that wants playable elites again.

that being said, infinite is slated to have a shelf-life of 10 years so they could possibly come later down the line.
Elites head hitboxes are naturally fucky because of the way their necks hunch forward and you obviously can't just slap a human rig on them and call it a day iirc.

It was a huge issue in Halo 2 especially.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
so i know this is an old thread but i wanted to mention something

i started with Halo 2 and never really got into playing it properly as my old xbox never functioned properly, so now that i finally had the chance to buy the full master chief collection and having now begun with Halo CE on Legendary mode I have to say that I fucking love it

its difficult in the right places and by god fuck the remastered looks, the old graphics just look way better to me

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
so i know this is an old thread but i wanted to mention something

i started with Halo 2 and never really got into playing it properly as my old xbox never functioned properly, so now that i finally had the chance to buy the full master chief collection and having now having begun with Halo CE on Legendary mode I have to say that I fucking love it

its difficult in the right places and by god fuck the remastered looks, the old graphics just look way better to me
nice necro smh

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
If you thought that Adobe Flash closing down at the end of 2020 was bad, watch this
halo-1.jpg
Necropost, I know, but seeing as these classic games are gonna sunset soon on Xbox 360, would anyone who still has Halo 3/Reach on the 360 be interested in a game night before it shuts down?