Heavy Metal

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae

everyone's favorite song from everyone's favorite teen angst album

Jer

Electron
Nebulae
What is heavy metal's actual appeal? I would listen to it if I didn't hear it past the hoarse bellowing. I know it has definite meaning and melodies but, to metalheads, what is its appeal?

FriendlyMan

eating seeds as a pastime activity
B A N N E D
Nebulae
What is heavy metal's actual appeal? I would listen to it if I didn't hear it past the hoarse bellowing. I know it has definite meaning and melodies but, to metalheads, what is its appeal?

I don't know about anyone else, but I grew up as a guitar player. Listening to Rock, then Heavy Rock, then Metal. For me, it's about the guitar work, but you do find metal bands that tend to be a bit more melodic than others, like Disturbed or Avenged Sevenfold. Or if you're into old school metal, Metallica or Iron Maiden

It's hard to just like metal out of the blue, it's something that took a while for me to like, and that's growing up in a family that constantly had rock music on.

Reactions: List

Plankster

Atom
Nebulae
What's most appealing to me are the badass drums that give the noisy metal sound and the amazing lyrics metal songs tend to have (i don't like pig destroyers). I too grew up listening to a lot of rock and metal, so that probably got something to do with my interest in the genre.
[doublepost=1510412594][/doublepost]Pretty much just sounds badass lol