Hello (in a thousand words)!

Crocodoom

Neutrino
Nebulae
Hey there. I'm Crocodoom, and I've been involved in RPing on Garry's Mod since 2011. I haven't done any serious RP in Garry's Mod since mid 2015, but even now I look back upon those few years with so much nostalgia over all of the fun I had. I've got a wall of text ahead because of how much I've done.

In 2011, I joined a now defunct DarkRP server called SuperiorRP. While I often enjoyed the lighter and less serious side of RP, I often tried to bring serious RP to the server. I ultimately ended up as a basic administrator, and had a reputation as "the serious RPer" since the server didn't really have many. Lots of people enjoyed the RPs we got involved with, and I really enjoyed opening up Serious RP to a Semi-Serious server (at times).
That server soon died down around the start of 2014, and for a few months I went without any servers. It's funny, I always brought HL2RP inspired serious-RP to the server, but I'd never properly done it. Yeah, I'd read CP handbooks and the like, and seen videos, and hopped on for maybe a total of ten hours over three months, but I never actually got into it
Things changed in (if I remember correctly) April of 2014. Fresh from completing the Mass Effect series for the first time, myself and a friend from the DarkRP server I administrated decided to hop on an HL2RP server called Gamingpanther. It was an ideal choice to me, since industrial 17 was the best HL2RP map I'd seen during single-player exploration. Within a week or two of my first step into an HL2RP server, I decided to write up my application for MPF. I'd noticed that quite a few apps had been denied, which made me think they might have been picky, but within a day or two the app was accepted and I was on my way to RPing as a CP.
I must confess that I probably spent a bit too much time as a CP and sometimes might have contributed to a bad ratio! I spent ages at the ranks of 05 and 03 - which I guess translate to 00 and 50 according to the rules of this server - when I was invited to take on the rank of DvL by the Sectorial Commander. I quickly accepted, becoming MPF-C17-JURY-DvL.90630, and honestly that's where the real fun began. I loved leading MPF, especially the slightly sadistic interrogation division that was that server's JURY!
By then, I applied to be an operator - a low level admin, effectively. Like my MPF app, it was accepted quickly, and then the next surprise I found was that in the start of October 2014 I was offered the rank of Sectorial Commander - I'm not sure what the equivalent here is, but it's the head guy. UU-SeC.906 was the new name, and I was by far the server's longest serving SeC - the others lasted about a month each and were rarely active, but I tried to be on every single day even though the server had US time zones (I'm Australian). Next on the list of promotions was an OOC promotion to a proper admin, where I fit right in with the rest of the administration team, and was a prominent member of the large community. By mid 2015 I received my last promotion, to trusted administrator. By now the server had also branched out to create an Outlands server, and I think they were considering another game mode too (I forget what)

The server was going fantastic, but then within a week of the final promotion the forums shut down. The next day the server shut down. That was that - no explanation or anything, it just stopped, along with all of the hard work everyone put in. A few attempts were made by others to restart the server and continue the months of hard work put into the characters, but none really stuck. So that means I haven't properly RP'd in Gmod since mid-2015.

Since then, I have continued to RP, such as in World of Warcraft. However, the tools in WoW are really nothing compared to the opportunities you can get for RP in HL2RP. Hopefully my RPing isn't too rusty.

tl;dr Found my first ever HL2RP server, became SeC, became superadmin, enjoyed every bit of it.

Other stuff about me:

I play World of Warcraft more than I ought to (but it comes in phases and right now I'm bored of it)

My favorite game of all time is a tie between Bloodborne and Dark Souls III, but HL2 and Fallout 3 are also pretty high up there.

I browse reddit regularly

I'm bad at writing specific things about me

I guess I also write way too much

I'm not much of a voice chat guy, but so far the server's seeming great, so I'll probably stick around!

So yeah, I've been on the server for only a day or two now but it looks great. It's different to my old one, but just means there are more interesting opportunities. I can't wait to meet everyone and hopefully get back into RPing!

tl;dr: Hi there :)

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Welcome to the jungle.

There's no fun and games :(

I hope you turn out as pleasant as the rest of the Aussies here, they somehow always seem to be nice people.

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 930

Yeah, there is no equivalent as we don't use high command in our servers. Usually for lore reasons and "other" reasons. No CP has direct authority over another.

That been said. Hello yes.
Yeah...you feel a lot more connected with your fellow Members if you think to join CP. Hello hopefully you enjoy your stay

Reactions: List