hello subeh wants to get into photography but needs help picking a fucking camera

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
hi

basically ive got 3 DSLR cameras that ive picked out; all of them i can realistically afford and i know i definitely don't want to start off this interest in photography with something shitty

if anyone has any other suggestions aside from the ones ive listed below, feel free to post and ill see if its something i can get my hands on

anyway, heres what ive got;

3527YkL.png

WsNa4vT.png

lZk2f56.png

UmI2QAp.png

XDP00XY.png

overall i recognise the 1500D is undoubtedly the best out of the selection but i'm sort of uhm'ing and uhh'ing over whether or not it's worth the money im paying versus the other two

i cant see myself going for the 4000D purely because im the sort of person that prefers to actually go in-store and look at these things myself as opposed to buying it online

the 3000D seems like it'd do the job i need it to do realistically but given i'm going to have this camera for a good long time, im wondering if it's better to just splerg and go the extra couple hundred for the sake of longevity

E:
i'm wanting a camera that can function in a broad range of environments, too - from dark areas to light areas to indoors to outdoors, portraits, landscape etc; mostly because i know i'm gonna wanna be taking a very broad range of pictures, im not limiting myself to any one style of photography at the moment

opinions

Last edited:
Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i did photography for a while

the difference between the 3000D and 4000D is negligible, they're both 18MP which lets you smack out 5000x3000 images

obviously the best call is to get the best camera, but photography as a hobby shouldnt require you to spend nearly a grand on it
unless you're going to be taking mega huge shots or something that can function in pitch black, the 3000 is good enough

you doing this as a hobby or expecting to become a photographer?

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
you doing this as a hobby or expecting to become a photographer?
at the moment, hobby

however there is the very realistic situation where i may expand and become an actual photographer

really the only reason im considering the 1500D over the 3000D is because the difference is only $170 and the 1500D does overall seem a bit better, especially considering i'll most likely own this camera for a long time and it may well carry over into my semi-advanced stages

something i'll also add to the op; i'm wanting a camera that can function in a broad range of environments, too - from dark areas to light areas to indoors to outdoors, portraits, landscape etc; mostly because i know i'm gonna wanna be taking a very broad range of pictures, im not limiting myself to any one style of photography at the moment

thank you though ill keep it in mind

Zeenz

Atom
Premium Member
Nebulae
at the moment, hobby

however there is the very realistic situation where i may expand and become an actual photographer

really the only reason im considering the 1500D over the 3000D is because the difference is only $170 and the 1500D does overall seem a bit better, especially considering i'll most likely own this camera for a long time and it may well carry over into my semi-advanced stages

something i'll also add to the op; i'm wanting a camera that can function in a broad range of environments, too - from dark areas to light areas to indoors to outdoors, portraits, landscape etc; mostly because i know i'm gonna wanna be taking a very broad range of pictures, im not limiting myself to any one style of photography at the moment

thank you though ill keep it in mind

You should post your pictures when you do take them

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
You should post your pictures when you do take them
oh i most certainly will

ill make a thread in creative for it probably

the only picture i can really say im proud of that ive already taken is this one;

1Z84Mi5.png

just took it with my mum's phone

Zeenz

Atom
Premium Member
Nebulae
oh i most certainly will

ill make a thread in creative for it probably

the only picture i can really say im proud of that ive already taken is this one;

1Z84Mi5.png

just took it with my mum's phone

Dog means purple token

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
hello this is subeh i cannot speak but i have news

i am going out this weekend to a camera shop to look at the 1500D, as much as it's a lot of money to spend i've read and watched a lot on it and it really does seem to be the good option out of the 3 especially given i may have it for a long time if anyone has any other suggestions in the meantime that's cool too but i think my mind's pretty set atm, especially given i can get this $200 cheaper than it is anywhere else

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
You don't really need that great of a camera to take good photos my guy

example: image i took in cuba on my samsung galaxy note

e26d2d3d3f.jpg

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
It's not so much the body that'll make the difference, it's the lens you put in front of it. That's what is capturing the light and whatnot. I can't speak for Canon because I used a Nikon for my photography, but as soon as you go from the standard, comes-with-the-camera lens to something separate a little more up market, the difference is night and day.

If you're just starting out though, get used to taking lots of photos. It's as easy as that. You'll eventually see what looks good and what looks mediocre. Watch a couple of videos and find out how to use the manual setting on your camera. That way you can manually control things such as shutter speed, how much light is being let in, the exposure of the image. It all comes with practice.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
You know what, might as well dump the rest of the photos I took that don't involve people I know

Been a while since I've looked at them anyways, enjoy

8e05c8ae6f.jpg

96bc1f3edb.jpg

76dedf9914.jpg

ef3bbbdac0.jpg

1a6d921e99.jpg

bc0907149c.jpg

120d4ac487.jpg

i miss it with every fiber of my being

D

Deleted member 1405

honestly you can pick up a sony a6000 which is what i have, for around that price if you're lucky.

check them out! they're mirrorless but are very epic.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
honestly you can pick up a sony a6000 which is what i have, for around that price if you're lucky.

from what i've read, heard and been told, it's better to stick to either canon/nikon at first if it's at all possible; mainly because i'm specifically wanting to deal with DSLR's and their starter DSLR's are very beginner-friendly

i know i really want to get into the nitty-gritty details of photography, i don't just want to pick up my phone and snap pictures or anything like that - i've been doing that for a couple years now. what i'm after is all the stuff that cameras like DSLR's offer.

D

Deleted member 1405

from what i've read, heard and been told, it's better to stick to either canon/nikon at first if it's at all possible; mainly because i'm specifically wanting to deal with DSLR's and their starter DSLR's are very beginner-friendly

i know i really want to get into the nitty-gritty details of photography, i don't just want to pick up my phone and snap pictures or anything like that - i've been doing that for a couple years now. what i'm after is all the stuff that cameras like DSLR's offer.
I had a nikon d3400 before moving onto this one and it was awesome, sadly I have no experience with canon but what I can tell you is that their lenses can be dirt cheap, especially the 50mm which is a great way to mess around with prime lenses.

jamEs

fqjdlkmsbvqfgkhpoiuaeazer
Nebulae

got an a6300 and absolutely love using it

sony eco system for lenses is just a nightmare regarding prices, super high even if you buy from other brands

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
I had a nikon d3400 before moving onto this one and it was awesome, sadly I have no experience with canon but what I can tell you is that their lenses can be dirt cheap, especially the 50mm which is a great way to mess around with prime lenses.
the kit im getting ($750 for camera and lens) includes an 18-55mm lens

D

Deleted member 1405

the kit im getting ($750 for camera and lens) includes an 18-55mm lens
yeah, the kit lens is fairly decent. Luckily canon has some great pricing for lenses, so when you feel ready to move up you’ll be able to get something relatively in expensive compared to other brands.