Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Shwani, May 27, 2020.

1. Shwani

Shwani Proton

Nebulae:
    Probably made a terrible first impression with all the critical posts I have made. Well, I dug my own edgy cringe grave, so I guess I should lay in it.

I used to RP on a mod for Mount and Blade: Warband. Did that for 2 years. Over time more servers vanished and the only one remaining does very soft RP, which I felt was unsatisfying. So here I moved.

It certainly had similarities. It had /me's and /it's. Character descriptions too. But the game allowed for a fully customizable face. Certainly a advantage compared to Gmod.

I like the Half life 2 lore a lot. Especially the dystopia part. Haven't seen anything like the combine in other media. So yeah, cool.

Played on the server for a month by now. Encountered a lot of RP bubbles, where I felt unwelcome. I understand people rather want to RP with characters they already know. But there was a lot of these bubbles. A lot.

I feel very foreign here

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  2. MaXenzie

MaXenzie Sexually attracted to robots
    Media Developer

Nebulae:
  3. WeakenedHen5

WeakenedHen5 Molecule
    WW3 RP Operator

Nebulae:
    Hey don’t worry about it pal it’s all good

welcome to Nebulous dude

4. florek

florek Nucleus

Nebulae:
    It'll always be like this at the start. Most folk around here have established groups of RPers that already have their development driven in a certain direction, and with the event happening at the moment, most activities revolve around gangs that consist mostly out of sworn in members of the community, so you'll automatically have a lot of this "RP with chars they already know" feeling. Though, don't let this discourage you from trying to RP with people anyway.

Trust me, it'll open up for you at some point, you just have to keep playing and things come naturally.

Also, you should hit up the Teamspeak some time. Lots of the regulars hang out there for banter and a good time, and you'll also find most of the German folk there as well :wink:

Allem in allem, wilkommen auf Nebulous :grinning:

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  5. Shwani

Shwani Proton

Nebulae:
    thanks man, really helpful

6. Dr Heckyll

Dr Heckyll Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    yeah there's a lot of bubbles but to really get involved with everyone you sometimes have to really put yourself out there ICly and be unique and cool I guess, but there's still circlejerks don't think you're wrong on that one

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice