Help me find a good pre-built gaming PC.

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
Remaking this thread since the old one is harshly outdated - I really need a new PC, my current one has had it. I cannot build my own PC due to renting a room and having no one I know IRL willing to help/lend me their space because they're cunts. It has to be pre-built or assembled by them at request, and my maximum budget is 800 pounds.

My current specs are an amd fx 4300, a gtx 960 and brand new 16 gigs of ram (ddr3)

I want to surpass this with the new build so, plz help

Reactions: List

Inspector Bandito

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Remaking this thread since the old one is harshly outdated - I really need a new PC, my current one has had it. I cannot build my own PC due to renting a room and having no one I know IRL willing to help/lend me their space because they're cunts. It has to be pre-built or assembled by them at request, and my maximum budget is 800 pounds.

My current specs are an amd fx 4300, a gtx 960 and brand new 16 gigs of ram (ddr3)

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/ your best bet mate

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
Remaking this thread since the old one is harshly outdated - I really need a new PC, my current one has had it. I cannot build my own PC due to renting a room and having no one I know IRL willing to help/lend me their space because they're cunts.
all you need is a table though
and as well as that, I'd seriously consider even just temp renting space to build a pc because most prebuilts are rubbish value for money and considering your budget you'd save a decent amount.
but k I will look 4 u pikachu man

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae

I think you would be better off just getting a new cpu/motherboard and shoving your old components in that - you have a good enough graphics card to run most games at 1080p/60 and 16 gigs of ram is more than enough for gaming and etc

I don't see too much of a reason to buy a whole new pc unless you want to go full on enthusiast gaming, but at that point you're going to have to spend more than 800 pounds I'm sure
[doublepost=1496102718][/doublepost]Also all you need is a desk to build a pc whatchu mean u got no room lol

Either way it isn't difficult to build one, there's a shitton of stuff online you can find on how to put the pieces together

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
I think you would be better off just getting a new cpu/motherboard and shoving your old components in that - you have a good enough graphics card to run most games at 1080p/60 and 16 gigs of ram is more than enough for gaming and etc

I don't see too much of a reason to buy a whole new pc unless you want to go full on enthusiast gaming, but at that point you're going to have to spend more than 800 pounds I'm sure
[doublepost=1496102718][/doublepost]Also all you need is a desk to build a pc whatchu mean u got no room lol

Either way it isn't difficult to build one, there's a shitton of stuff online you can find on how to put the pieces together
uh
I have a gtx 960 2gb and it doesn't run the games I play at 1080p/60.
I'm guessing it's probably because of my i3 2120 tho right?

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
also @`impulse this is a sub 800 build if he keeps his old HDD and OS (if it's a transferable copy), and you could always remove the ssd if needs be.

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
uh
I have a gtx 960 2gb and it doesn't run the games I play at 1080p/60.
I'm guessing it's probably because of my i3 2120 tho right?
Probably that as well as your low vram

I have a gtx 770 4gb with an i7 4790 and I can play most games at high settings
also @`impulse this is a sub 800 build if he keeps his old HDD and OS (if it's a transferable copy), and you could always remove the ssd if needs be.
I mean he already has some decent components in his pc already, he just needs to get a new mobo/cpu really. This way if you want to spend the saved money, you could opt in for a 1070 which should last you longer

You could also opt for an amd rx 480 which (I think) is more bang for your buck than the 1060

Or wait a month or two until amd release their high end cards and check out the prices for those - they're usually cheaper than the nvidia equivalent

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
Probably that as well as your low vram

I have a gtx 770 4gb with an i7 4790 and I can play most games at high settings

I mean he already has some decent components in his pc already, he just needs to get a new mobo/cpu really. This way if you want to spend the saved money, you could opt in for a 1070 which should last you longer

You could also opt for an amd rx 480 which (I think) is more bang for your buck than the 1060

Or wait a month or two until amd release their high end cards and check out the prices for those - they're usually cheaper than the nvidia equivalent
ye, fx series is dead, I agree with you there
also, the rx 480 and 1060 6gb are pretty identical in terms of performance so its mainly which one you can get for cheaper, however I think the rx 580 outperforms the 1060 by a bit.