Serious Help needed once again

• Thread starter Deleted member 1392
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1392

Hi, yes, it is me and I am making another thread requesting tips and tricks concerning Roleplay. I've been wanting to do several things, those being these, which I will bullet point.
  • Having a character whom produces Union-sanctioned culture (Art, literature, clothing and more).
  • Having a character whom goes out in trips in order to gain food substances, utensils, materiais and all kinds of things to be used on the Outlands.
  • Having unique, original characters. Essencially, I end up roleplaying characters which are a copy of the previous one. My biggest struggle is that I cannot think outside of the box, out of my mind.

I sometimes wonder how some peps make very nice characters and I don't know how, really. So, help me yeah.
I feel dumb writing this

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Hi, yes, it is me and I am making another thread requesting tips and tricks concerning Roleplay. I've been wanting to do several things, those being these, which I will bullet point.
  • Having a character whom produces Union-sanctioned culture (Art, literature, clothing and more).
  • Having a character whom goes out in trips in order to gain food substances, utensils, materiais and all kinds of things to be used on the Outlands.
  • Having unique, original characters. Essencially, I end up roleplaying characters which are a copy of the previous one. My biggest struggle is that I cannot think outside of the box, out of my mind.

I sometimes wonder how some peps make very nice characters and I don't know how, really. So, help me yeah.
I feel dumb writing this
I have a few Tips that could help you

Make your Character come from a rare Country that no one really uses, like Austria or Brazil

Make him a other Race, like Black, Hispanic or Chinese

Make him be either Racist, a Dick, Stupid, or really Kind and Caring

Make something special like his hearing being really bad or being completely deaf, or that one of his arms are missing.

Make him Depressed, Happy, or angry at all times

Make him either Badass, or really Shy

I hope this helped you.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
  • Go outside your comfort zone, best thing I’ve done when bored. Spice things up for yourself, simply by putting yourself in a different mindset when RPing. See above for tips on that.
  • Let your surroundings shape your character, rather than having a predetermined path and personality. Rather than thinking about what ”type” of character you want, make one at random, hop in and RP. Let your character be pushed down the path of rebellion, loyalism, or neutrality by their surroundings and how others interact with them, rather than picking what you wanna do with the character from the get-go.
  • Leave and do other things for a while. Seriously, do it. It will wither cure you from the urge to RP, or it will help you come up with so many new ideas and possibilities when you eventually start RPing again.

Deleted member 2925

pilotbland's best friend
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
If you’re looking to make an interesting character, just have noticeable traits that have you stick out. Personally I designed an old character of mine (Owen Rain) to be absolutely hated by every and have him oblivious to the matter. He had Tourettes and was mostly liked due to people feeling bad. I sold jelly beans to the i17 community, and made a lot of tokens doing so, which was later distributed to the people on the lower end of the income spectrum. Overall my suggestion is: Don’t make a whole plan for what traits you’d like your character to have, pick them up as you go.

Ted

Proton
Nebulae

I feel dumb writing this
If I were you I would make an different character then others have...like:
  • (S)He's from not really popular country for example: Lithuania or Bulgaria
  • (S)He's donating Union Food to refugees and poor rebels, be kind of fake loyalist. Not a lot people make chars like that.
  • There's small amount of Black and Hispanic people. I mean the Race here.
  • Maybe give him/her kind of mental or/and physical health issue(s).
  • Well, if your char will be from other country than Britain, USA or Australia (just county where English is not official language), so (s)he should add a word or two from his native language while speaking in English.
  • Be a bad guy who don't cares about others or be just like every mother on the world...take care...not about the a child but take care about everyone.
  • Give him/her knowledge from his/her job, like teachers, priests. And continue your pre-war job! Or just use his/her experience from it.