Serious Help with Multiple Mini Interviews

tera

Atom
Nebulae
Dear nebulous members.

I have an upcoming interview next week which is required for my qualification in order to pursue Medicine degree in Monash University. This is a rather special kind of interview as it aims to assess your critical thinking, moral values, personality and ethical thinking skills. It consists of 4 Interviews stations, each as long as 8 minutes. Total 40.

The first station I believe would ask more of general questions such as:
1) Tell us about yourself
2)Strengths and weaknesses
3) Why are you interested to do medicine, etc

It's usually these questions where I believe I am extremely weak at giving an adequate answer. The other interview stations would consist of scenario based questions based on ethical issues, healthcare issues, etc

What I'm hoping for are feedbacks, advices, experiences and tips from members who has went through interviews successfully, specifically MMI ones as well. Tips like how should I answer this question, what should I mention or not mention, how to make it relevant, appropriate and concise as possible, what should I do before the interview. Bonus tips for current healthcare and global medical issues that I should study up in before the interview as well.

I didn't really went for many interviews in my life and I'm quite inexperienced with them therefore any help from a serious aspect would be greatly helpful (a bit of memes and banter is fine). Every helpful post would be given a neb. it's the most I could do, soz

So, can give a bit of help to this Asian rice farmer thx xx

TLDR:
give me specific tips for multiple mini interviews to ensure that I am able to pass it adequately.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

PrincessKatey

Nucleus
Nebulae
Practice what you're going to say before hand relax don't panic and be yourself and maybe if it's suitable throw in a bit of humour but most importantly the first three points I made be yourself practice and don't panic

Mistiare

Professional Pastebin Analyser
Nebulae
Strengths and weaknesses

From the interview I partook on recently to gain a place on my course, this particular question snuck its way inside of it.

The best advice I can give which applies to this question specifically is to be honest. Interviewers stereotypically look for the perfect person out there, but they actually don't exist in real life. I'll never forget the look on my interviewer's face when I upright told him I was lazy as a weakness. In the end, honesty was what gained me a place.

As for the strengths part of the question, really overexaggerate your strongest points if possible, convoy passion and confidence whilst you answer as it'll help the interviewer realise how aware of your strong points you are - Which, in their eyes is typically a good thing.

Finally, my final piece of advice is to not worry. Every student/worker is anxious on their first interview, tis human nature I'm afraid. Try to become a conduit of confidence and professionalism and if you can't, then that's fine. You can only do your best in these situations.

Nebulae
The best advice I can give which applies to this question specifically is to be honest. Interviewers stereotypically look for the perfect person out there, but they actually don't exist in real life. I'll never forget the look on my interviewer's face when I upright told him I was lazy as a weakness. In the end, honesty was what gained me a place.

As for the strengths part of the question, really over exaggerate your strongest points if possible, convoy passion and confidence whilst you answer as it'll help the interviewer realise how aware of your strong points you are - Which, in their eyes is typically a good thing.
This is the best tip, but I wanted to add one accent regarding strengths & weaknesses

If you go for the bold "I'm lazy" or of that sort, you must convey a feeling of great passion towards your goal to balance out the negative. The best way to do it is by listing the opportunities you took in order to advance in your field. Even if they're small ones, try to reasonably blow them up. (Might be obvious, but I had first hand experience where people said this: "Oh, also, I used to go on school trips to the uni for bonus lectures" instead of "To pursue my true passion further, I visited open uni lectures throughout the school year". It might seem small, but the difference is huge).

Honestly, it comes down to how well you can manage to sell yourself.

Last edited: