Not open for further replies.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Your Steam Name: Tinbe
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:40890236

Character Name: C14:50.HERO-6
Member of staff who banned your character: @Ron
Character/Player who carried out the PK (If known): Unsure, though @Nathant18 said their people called for it.

Describe how your character died: There was a big ol' shootout between rebels and cops around the lighthouse settlement (and GTC joined in at the end). When my character got on low health, I performed /charfallover and proceeded to do injuryRP (falling unconscious at 15HP). The rebels proceeded to tie me, stitch me so I wouldn't die from injuryRP (didn't use any medical script AFAIK), take everything except the uniform, then executed me.

Why do you believe your PK is invalid?: To be honest, it was valid and within the rules. I was just surprised by how abrupt it was. I thought that I'd fashion some roleplay out of a pretty long-winded S2K battle, since I'm not a fan of the latter. Didn't think they'd resort to summary execution like that. That's on me though, I've seen what happens previously when rebels try to do the kindness of roleplay with a Combine captive (they usually get swept to high hell).

Date of occurrence: Somewhere around 00:46 23/11/2023 Finland time. Probably somewhere between 21:46 and 23:47 22/11/2023 UK time.
Evidence (screenshots, logs):
(There was a lot of dialogue inbetween, but I decided to focus on the /me messages.)
***** One of the units lays on the floor, gasping aloud. Alive, but unconscious, dying.
C14:50.HERO-6 says "<:: Ugh. ::>"
*** C14:50.HERO-6 continues breathing heavily as an ever-larger pool of blood forms under the unit. Not long now till they expire.
*** [A black armored man, he speaks with a...] drags the cop, stitching their bullet wounds.
*** C14:50.HERO-6 remains unconscious in the ever-hospitable care of the insurgents.
*** [A black armored man, he speaks with a...] drops both backpacks of the cop.
*** [Anonymous figure in blackout gear. Yo...] pushes his MP7's barrel against the cop's head.
*** [Anonymous figure in a Gasmask suit, h...] grabs the bag
*** C14:50.HERO-6 would not respond, unconscious as they are.
*** [Anonymous figure in blackout gear. Yo...] pulls the trigger.
C17:RL.DEFENDER-2 banned the character C14:50.HERO-6.
Any other parties involved: Not sure.
Misc details: If the rebels want to stick with the summary execution, I'll just ask the appeal to be denied.

Reactions: List

Ron

Developer
Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
I understand that the rather short roleplay around your character's death was unfortunate. However, there is two main points here.

-Faction rules dictate "■ If you are captured, your character is under risk of being permanent killed until they are reacquired by Combine forces. "

and

-Your capture was completely voluntary, in that there was no staff or third party action that resulted in you being captured.

I've talked with Civil Protection faction leadership and we are not waiving the rule written above. I'm sorry that it happened like it did, but the fact is that your death being an NLR or a PK should have no effect on how much roleplay they put into it. The people who shot you should do better in their roleplay of executing someone in the future.

Nathant18

Blue Ball
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Executing party here, even though it's irrelevant to the appeal, I do want to add that we were not after a PK and were not expecting it, we were after your equipment, and that was all.

The execution was ordered because of how we've ICly witnessed other attempts at cops being left alive play out, as a group it's basically been policy to execute and never capture, nothing personal.

The reason why the kill was pretty scuffed was because we were running on a time limit, we very much expected to be hit with either another wave of cops or a team of transhumans any second, so we opted to keep timescale as close as possible by pulling the trigger and killing you as soon as the /me was performed. I agree that we should have allowed you to appropriately roleplay your death as per this rule
If unarmed characters are the target of a firefight, they should be allowed to appropriately roleplay their death where applicable.
however, we decided at the time that the risk was too high and the rule itself is worded in a way that it is a courtesy that should be afforded to allow the other party to roleplay their death, not a must.

I think that's all info that's relevant to the appeal, feel free to shoot any questions over

Ron

Developer
Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
It's unfortunate, but I would at most be okay with a redo of the death with no change of outcome.

It's important to cement that people do die, this is a dangerous setting, and actions have consequences when two sides are fighting as they are, so I'm pretty hard set on this death sticking from a faction rules/leadership perspective.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
If it's a redo with the outcome of Permanent Kill regardless, then the appeal can be denied. Were it a less rushed execution to a PK from the start, I might've went with it, but going through a rushed PK only to get a slightly less delayed PK is not the kind of rollercoaster ride of emotions that I want to go through again.

Last edited:

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
Given this appeal has sort of... just solved itself, I will lock and deny this. Ron has clarified basicly everything needed already.

Status
Not open for further replies.