Hl2 RP VR

Nebulae
Hello,
I recently stumbled upon a video titled: NS Half Life 2 Roleplay VR (), in which the User shows himself playing Garry‘s Mod in VR on a working Hl2 rp server. I was baffled by this, because I didn‘t even know that was possible, but I noticed some flaws with it. Sure, it really, really adds to the immersion, but how, if everyone used VR, would they communicate? Voice chat is hardly an option right? And don‘t people have a huge S2K advantage if they just played without VR?
And would Hl2 rp VR be something you‘d regularly want to play?

Reactions: List

Dalekfodder

Proton
Nebulae
Hello,
I recently stumbled upon a video titled: NS Half Life 2 Roleplay VR (), in which the User shows himself playing Garry‘s Mod in VR on a working Hl2 rp server. I was baffled by this, because I didn‘t even know that was possible, but I noticed some flaws with it. Sure, it really, really adds to the immersion, but how, if everyone used VR, would they communicate? Voice chat is hardly an option right? And don‘t people have a huge S2K advantage if they just played without VR?
And would Hl2 rp VR be something you‘d regularly want to play?

This is a beast that should be put down before birth.

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
I think VR could be good for like, co-op style stuff and regular games, but since things like HL2RP are text-based I don't really see how that's going to work out.

Maybe I'm just a big poopyhead and someone will release a functioning HL2RP:VR server at some point, who knows.

Nebulae
I think VR could be good for like, co-op style stuff and regular games, but since things like HL2RP are text-based I don't really see how that's going to work out.

Maybe I'm just a big poopyhead and someone will release a functioning HL2RP:VR server at some point, who knows.
Yeah I agree. I don‘t see a way to make communication possible without voice chat which would be kind of a dealbreaker.
But maybe someone will figure something out, I dunno

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
Having tried it in VRChat, it's different, but still fun.

While there's no character development where I tried it, you still get a sense of immersion through the headset because you feel like you're actually in that 3D environment. The chases can give you a sense of motionsickness, but they're exciting. The voice changer can give you a false sense of confidence, like you're wearing a mask - being someone else.

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
the cop mains would love this, they'd get all sweaty at the end of the day from the amount of beatings they need to do

Deleted member 3713

My dick way too small to have y’all on it.
Nebulae
i think its a great idea because erp would have to be banned at that point.

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
the cop mains would love this, they'd get all sweaty at the end of the day from the amount of beatings they need to do
I played a boxing VR game once...

Let me tell you, the foam around my VR headset got filled with sweat real fast

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
finally
the punchwhoring rule can be now discarded

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
At least you have the comfort of knowing a beatdown with some bluesuit pals would be much more terrifying if you catch them unaware. That or trapping them in a bin prop.

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
As cool as this can be, I play Garry's Mod. You think I can afford a VR with a system capable of running it?

Would be epic if I was somehow taller than a CP, though.

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
Recently a new Combine group I was involved in went to war against an experienced group of Daleks. A battle on friday night was immensely interesting and gave a lot to reflect on.

The chaos started straight from the briefing, as we were trying to communicate through voice changers in-game and also with regular mic input in Discord. There were about 50 of us, so we had a leadership structure to break us into teams, headed by a player that had experience with military re-enactment events. Despite our best efforts there was trouble with miscommunication. That many voices going through different channels in a battle with voicechangers was a challenge.

fv5O9bU.jpg

The battle itself was even more chaotic, as we tried to figure out what was going on and where our efforts were best focused. After the first shots had been fired the code system and radio was pretty useless, we were all in the meat grinder with the weapons doing much of the talking. Still, it was helpful having a Discord call simulating the role of dispatch, and the time invested in the briefing helped as we had some idea of what we should be doing beforehand in terms of team roles.

WWKDbC2.jpg

Inspecting a captured Dalek

The debriefing was unique, as it was a sudden change of pace (and a big increase in framerate) to be out of the fighting and get a sense of what had happened. The briefing had provided anticipation for the battle, and the debriefing helped give it meaning. As we turned our voicechangers off we could better hear eachothers accents again. We're a bunch of guys and girls from all over the world, but the voicechanger makes us all sound the same, which speaks to the design of the character as it completely masks your personality to dehumanise you.

My mind went back to the Dalek Invasion of Earth story where the Daleks had brainwashed some humans to act in a role that draws similarities to what the Combine had done forming the Overwatch Transhuman Arm and Civil Protection forces.

mq0YWTn.jpg

Likewise in Day of the Daleks they again used humans (this time through recruitment) as a security force, alongside Ogrons, with the story involving time travel, capture, and resistance likely inspiring Half-Life 2 as Planet of Evil may have inspired Half-Life to an extent.

w3kPR9g.jpg

I still miss the character roleplay you get in a Gmod server, but found it no less interesting in VRChat.

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Recently a new Combine group I was involved in went to war against an experienced group of Daleks. A battle on friday night was immensely interesting and gave a lot to reflect on.

The chaos started straight from the briefing, as we were trying to communicate through voice changers in-game and also with regular mic input in Discord. There were about 50 of us, so we had a leadership structure to break us into teams, headed by a player that had experience with military re-enactment events. Despite our best efforts there was trouble with miscommunication. That many voices going through different channels in a battle with voicechangers was a challenge.

fv5O9bU.jpg

The battle itself was even more chaotic, as we tried to figure out what was going on and where our efforts were best focused. After the first shots had been fired the code system and radio was pretty useless, we were all in the meat grinder with the weapons doing much of the talking. Still, it was helpful having a Discord call simulating the role of dispatch, and the time invested in the briefing helped as we had some idea of what we should be doing beforehand in terms of team roles.

WWKDbC2.jpg

Inspecting a captured Dalek

The debriefing was unique, as it was a sudden change of pace (and a big increase in framerate) to be out of the fighting and get a sense of what had happened. The briefing had provided anticipation for the battle, and the debriefing helped give it meaning. As we turned our voicechangers off we could better hear eachothers accents again. We're a bunch of guys and girls from all over the world, but the voicechanger makes us all sound the same, which speaks to the design of the character as it completely masks your personality to dehumanise you.

My mind went back to the Dalek Invasion of Earth story where the Daleks had brainwashed some humans to act in a role that draws similarities to what the Combine had done forming the Overwatch Transhuman Arm and Civil Protection forces.

mq0YWTn.jpg

Likewise in Day of the Daleks they again used humans (this time through recruitment) as a security force, alongside Ogrons, with the story involving time travel, capture, and resistance likely inspiring Half-Life 2 as Planet of Evil may have inspired Half-Life to an extent.

w3kPR9g.jpg

I still miss the character roleplay you get in a Gmod server, but found it no less interesting in VRChat.
this looks so fucking fun hahaha