HL2RP HL2RP² AI art

Dust

Neutrino
Nebulae
Hello, I'm making this thread for players who might be looking for art for their character biographies, reference pictures, RP documents, or anything HL2RP related.

The AI (Midjourney) works with text, you type in a prompt, with a description of what you want, whether it's a character, a landscape, a few settings like the aspect ratio, the artstyle, and it will generate 4 images. You can then create 4 more variations of a given result with slightly different tweaks, and so on, or just pick one if you are satisfied with it, and upscale it to a bigger size as a final result.

Although the AI struggles with a few things, such as hands and has some limitations, the results are very impressive given the little amount of time it takes.

You can describe a character's physical attributes, their equipment, clothing, the environment, time of day, weather, time of year etc...

Actions may or may not work, depending on the complexity of it.

Below is a non-exhaustive list of what it can create with examples that I made for this thread.

Character portraits

sLrSes4.png

UMZzgYt.png

HaNGtvb.png

go8ZiDe.png

GGJRkcS.png

uasylsx.png

Full scenes

8AikJK0.png

ygztnve.png

Fake drawings / photos

Useful if your character is keeping a journal, takes pictures or has old ones

mKFogiP.png

5PFy9oS.png

6XNx28M.png

Use previous pictures to create new ones

To make new scenes / images with the same face

(Same face as the first picture I posted)

KWgoceh.png

Feel free to make requests, or try it out for yourself, you can create up to 25 images for free per discord account (the AI works with a discord bot on their server).

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Dust

Neutrino
Nebulae
i think ai art sucks i would unironically much rather have the same still of ryan gosling in a char bio for the 1000th time than this

I respect your opinion, just posting this for people who might be interested.

Dust

Neutrino
Nebulae
your character is not that hot

The AI tends to make characters that look conventionally attractive unless told otherwise, it can still make all sorts of different faces, I've added a few examples to the original post.

Dust

Neutrino
Nebulae
Is this AI sourced with non-copyrighted art?

Copied from their terms of service :

"Midjourney uses an artificial intelligence system trained on public datasets to produce its Assets. Such Assets may be unintentionally similar to copyright protected material or trademarks you hold. We respect rights holders internationally. If you believe your copyright or trademark is being infringed by the Service, please write to [email protected] and we will process your request."

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Copied from their terms of service :

"Midjourney uses an artificial intelligence system trained on public datasets to produce its Assets. Such Assets may be unintentionally similar to copyright protected material or trademarks you hold. We respect rights holders internationally. If you believe your copyright or trademark is being infringed by the Service, please write to [email protected] and we will process your request."

Perfect! Enjoy then 😌

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
I prefer movie characters

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
05058-9387900-Epic%20Warrior,%20Greg%20Rutkowski,%204k,%20High%20Quality,%20HDR,%20Rim%20Lighting,%20Volumetric%20Lighting.png

@Dust i challenge you to an AI off

make my character, caucasian American man with medium-length brown hair, an unkempt beard, blue eyes, pale skin, gaunt features