HL2RP² Character Epilogues

Nathant18

Blue Ball
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
HL2RP² Epilogues

With HL2RP² now having reached its conclusion and many characters going their separate ways, some of which were fighting together for over a year, I'd like to extend a massive thank you to the player base and staff for making this iteration so memorable and enjoyable. I hope we were able to give the server a satisfactory ending.

For those who played a character in this iteration, feel free to share their ending here. Whether they were able to find peace at last after over a year of conflict following the uprising, regrouped with their side's forces to press the attack against the other after the victory over Race X, or picked a direction and began walking, not knowing what awaits them around the next corner, this is the space to give closure to their stories.​

Bounter

Neutrino
Nebulae
- Picture of Will's final moments

WILL HOXWORH DOOLEY - A rather young lad, who perished way before any of this. He was a excentric, lovely but an odd fellow, who always tried to assist others and try his best. I mean, his first interaction with leader of the Reclaimers (@Ricsow ) was being big bug bait so you know, he was a odd one indeed! Not the smartest or nothing but... He had heart, and always fought hard and tried his best. And was always putting others first to help 'em.

However, his end was not so kind... He perished in a sacrifice, during failed distraction mission to rescue Harland from the Combine. His suicidal sacrifice, was entering the Blacksite's Core, causing the whole facility, and numerous insides and synths to be destroyed, including him.

In honor of him, Warren Ricsow, named their Zelenogradsk Station after him. Not forgotten yet.

Last edited:
Nebulae

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘
Hung by the chains of sneering onlookers.
A denied fate by higher beings.
I am done being a toy.
It's over now.
I must bide my time.

(Not fully complete yet)

"<:: This wasn't meant to be how it goes. I know what was said, but, inspite of everything. I feel like it was for nothing. ::>"

"<:: I was face to face with the man who sold the world. I fought eldrich horrors beyond comprehension, I acknowledged every fucking order I was directed by. ::>"

"<:: I put my orders first, and my morals second. And look where it got me.
::>"

"<:: I'm a ragged mess. The combines "leaving." and I will be nothing but a malformed human untill they decide to come and pick up the slack. ::>"

"<:: Curse those bastards. Curse every single one. ::>"

"<:: It doesn't matter if I have to wait decades. I will rise above my humanity.. ::>"

"<:: I'll prove VICE-2 wrong. I'll prove them ALL wrong. NOBODY will be laughing at the end of this. And if it takes me waiting for a undetermined amount of time to recieve my ending? Then so be it. ::>"

..I'm free now.

image.png

===========================================================================================================

˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧₊˖⁺‧♡˚

NP. Joy Bonetti!』

Occupations: Refugee clinics nurse. (Current) | C14 Nurse personnel. (Former)
Height: 5 feet 4 inches
Weight: 167.6
Alignment: Combine (Loyalist.)
CID: 75626

The witty wrapup: Joy was soon fleeing the vacinity upon the opening of the portals, seeing the worst for the worst and after being split from the rest of the combine, she was mostly stuck swimming. Left hungry and wimpy for an awful long time before being located. And found by some other refugees. Soon taken in as one of their own, as she lives out the rest of her days. Though. That isn't to say her freakouts stopped.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just did 'em in the style of a biography, but, these two were my prominent characters! Might update this in a bit.

WstStranger

Proton
Nebulae

Only half a year has passed when he appeared to paint a canvas red, and only half a year has alike passed when he disappeared with the brush behind... VICE-2, or to himself Jack Williams, the so called Jack of Hearts on former Berlin, City 07. A selfish jackass who killed his very future and past for the sake of survival and an empty promise for his foolishness.

However, he abandoned his path in an unusual way. What drove him away from the Combine was not the sight of an uphill battle to both clamped and unclamped officers as he was told from the very start. But rather was the most terrifying sight of the future... And the most demoralizing fact:

It was not an uphill battle he was facing, nor a war they lost, it was in reality a world destroyed by his own hands.

In such action, VICE-0 (@'77 East ) who appears to be his only real friend proposed a way out, a Fourth Choice. And such happened, a story only a few Combine technocrats know, and still may be happening due to pure spite to make a pointless example of... Who knows.

One wonders if he (and his witness) are right about the world ending in their timeline as such is shown with the Gene Worm, as they themselves fiddled with the very threads of existence... But what is known is that he went away on his own terms.

It was one last selfish act, one last victory... One must imagine the VICE-2 as happy if only just for a single moment. A fitting end to an existence defined by futile struggle from start to finish... And he regretted every second of it. If there is any continuity left for him, it will have been made to make something resembling atonement...

v-2_epilogue.png

Do not forget the Jack of Hearts

Last edited:

Bounter

Neutrino
Nebulae

"I'm tryin my best"

RANDALL "FOUNDATION" CLARK - After surviving the difficult situation in the region, like Foundation's death (previous one), R.U.S.T's operatives sabotages and issues, Zombie hordes and more, he has... Been looking back on things. While destruction of the Gene Worm was a great success, and he was extatic, it made him realise that by being with other rebels, and helpin' em around as HIMSELF will do way more good, than trying to operate with GTC, which even in his eyes, started to lose it's promise and shine.

Which is why he's decided to quit GTC, unofficially anyway, and moved back onto the regions/outskirts of City 17, and joined forces of a Rebel Leader "Patstone" in their fight against the combine. Some say, a man named "Randall Clark", wearing HEV armor and holding an M16 was seen in the skirmishes over there. How true are these reports? Nobody really knows.

Randall is presumed to be alive after the Destruction of the Geneworm, and onwards.

Reactions: List

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Michael McBride vanished into the night, having resurrected @Generally Fruity's libertarian. He had other worlds to bother.

Decker gave away his few trinkets from Orsted, and sailed to the remote isle of Saint Helena with just @Numbers skinhead's laptop, a pack of tools and food, and the clothes on his back. There, he lived as a tinkerer for the small community, content to slowly forget what the war had made him do in pursuit of liberty.

Mikel Wikus found himself cast into the lambdan-state's own form of house imprisonment.
Years later, he and two other prisoners would commit an atrocity that would shake the new government to it's core.

Grant Schneider lived long enough to chronicle the final fall of the combine's grip.
He died chasing a story out in post-independence Croatia, remembered only by a broadcast cut short by gunfire.

VICE-0 ironically found lasting infamy long after he left this world.

What information on him remained became shrouded by myth and a myriad of rumormongers, mostly from Bleeding Clamp sympathizers and the few with connections to Lambda's archives, each compounded by lies and half-truths. Debate raged into the subsequent decades, hindered by the death of many who were there to witness it. No one could confirm if he had really done what he claimed.

The Tourist was finally free of the new era's nightmare.

@WstStranger @Appetite Ruining Kebab @Generally Fruity @Lewis! @Merlinsclaw @slick @Ricsow @TedHatty @kifer @Erkor @Trains @fabevil

Nebulae
A mere day before the Gene Worm’s arrival, it seemed as if the soulbound contract that “Mista Bones” and Derek Holly shared came to reveal a sinister, hidden clause.

In his meek, sometimes ineffective efforts to serve the greater good as best as he could while balancing the bloodlust of the Bone Dagger became a turbulent chore, even for the former Street Tough of the Bishop Family. Initially gifted with the Bone Dagger after successfully piecing Mista Bones back together, the Dagger chimed and hissed for payment in the form of sanguine at every turn. Derek’s mind slowly progressing from muddled and confused, to insurmountable rage and annoyance at his fellow survivors.

The fasting of the Bone Dagger was, for lack of better terms, a “breach of contract”- if Derek was unable to give into the will of Mista Bones’ tribute, then he would find out that a debt was a debt, no matter the debtor. Much like his prior convictions in extortion and shakedowns, this was bound to be a consequence of circumstance on the ethereal level. The Dagger was starving, famished for the taste of human flesh and tendon. Derek, although the Dagger’s wielder and sole owner, was not excused from potential meals for the titular weapon.

As if in a blink of an eye, Derek became possessed by the Bone Dagger. His eyes grew bloodshot, veins bulging at the neck and eye sockets. The very skin around his hand became imbued and molded to the Dagger, for this was a payment too late to negotiate by free will alone anymore. He marched off toward the docks not by his own volition, but under the forced guidance of the spirits that were chained to his very soul. Mista Bones would receive his blood debt, even if it meant sacrificing his former compatriot and loyal servant to the unholy cause.

Derek Holly passed on from the realm of the living to the realm of the unsung, his soul forever a captured payment in Mista Bones’ ledger. For you see, ladies and gentlemen…

N̶̜̋O̷̧͕̝̭̟͔̹̱̝̟̙̦̜̙͂̈́ ̶̢̡̡͍͓̭̝̦̠̙̺̟̠͙̖̾̔͜ͅǪ̵̼̺̼̱̊̑͐̚͘̕ͅN̸̫̒͗̅̉̈́͘E̴̹̠͐͛̽̄͗͋̋ ̵̨̡̢͕̜̺̞͍͇̪͔̞̘͕̝͚͖͛̎̀̀̒̐̌̕͝Ḡ̴̢̧̨̢͚̟̫̲̗̬̠̼̻̟̪̿̎̂̀̈́̈́̋̈́̄̏̅̈́͘̕͝͝ͅȨ̴̡̲̳͔̭͓̲̼̘͚͔̮̖̦̏̃̑̀̍͋̈́̐̐̈́̚͘͜͠͝͝Ţ̸͖̬̩̦͎͍͔̫̲̯̫̞͈͑̈́S̵̢̼͕̘͎͓͓͖̺̠͗̒ ̷̢̹̯̘̻̞̘̳̭̻̟̬̠̓̌̓͌̕O̷̢̢̢̨͖̣̪̪̅͛͗̌͒̿F̵̧͍̳̫̘̥͕̊̕F̷̲̖̋̎̿̅̇͒͐̍̿ ̶̢̣̔̑̍̀̕͘͝M̸̢̰̖̬̯̭̺͂́̀̐̏̏̈́̽͛̈̄̕I̴͉͍͔̱͎̮̟̥͗̄̽́͗̂́́̿̌̏͝S̴̨̛̙̩̠̣͔̝̪͎̯͓̺͉͕̑̋́͋͑̀̐͗͗͒́͘̕͘͝Ţ̸̢̰̣̼̫͓̘̜̯̭̳͔̣͋̿͠Ȃ̵̢͈̳͕̦̬͂̇̋̅̿̓͑̀͊̎͋̃͋͊̆͊ ̴̤͎̹̗̲̀̊B̶̨̲̪̞̠̥͇̩̜͔͍̝͕̱͗͛̋́Ò̴̲͓̮̤̌̐̎̐̈̓͝ͅŃ̵̨̨͕̣͎͖͔͍̝̩̪͈̏̎̈̌͒͗͒̋͛͜Ě̸̹̂̾S̶̨̢̨̛̥͈̻̗͉̝̬̥̳̣̰͚̆́͐̄̈́̎̊̂͊̈́͜͜͝ ̵̡̬̯͙̦͎̦̬̭̫̥̱̳̠̄́͑͜ͅW̶̢̧̺͙̮̥͚͍̦͖̺̿͐̑͒̽͑̑͜͝ͅͅI̸͇͇̟͔̗̺͎̣͇͓͖̫̽̀̆̽͊̇̔̽͗̋̀̊͝L̴̘͈̮̯͙̲̥̝̺͎̰̔̐͐̈͐̈́́́͆̈́̕͘̚͝͝ͅD̴̛̛͇̜̰̹̦͉̼̖̰͓̲̬͊̓̆̒̊͘ ̷͔̭̝̘̰̺̽̔̔͊̑͘R̴̨̡̢̝̳̻̬̙̥̲̗̩͎͇̩̱̿̿͋͊̾́̚͜I̷̠̎̄̋̀̃̅͒D̶̰̞̞̀̉́̉̓̊͑̄͒́̇̇̆̐͠ͅẺ̴̘̖͇̲̹̟͔̲̳̻̞̍!̷̧̱̝̐͂̍̀̽

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
James Dale continues repenting for his time spent in Civil Protection by aiding the common man for several years. Eventually, he finds his wife; her psyche shattered from lack of regular memory replacement from Overwatch. He spends the rest of his days looking after her in his neck of the outlands. Occasionally, she remembers his name.

John Doe continues his best attempt at being human for hundreds of years to come. In the post-Combine town of Harlalexandria (in the country of Yousay), Jondo is a staunch protector of the town's people, including Harl Land, Kar Arl, Alex Lander, and John Too.
He has a family, of sorts.
He is happy.

Zack

Proton
Nebulae
VICE-8, Wesley Kikular, a character with no real plot that I developed as the days went by. C24 was the highlight of that character. I got to show off a lot of his past to some people, gave him a new image of what the resistance was like, and for once, conflicted his view of the world
I still write about that character and have a blast doing so. I never really thought of what could have happened to him, but considering I stopped playing when we were on the Romanian map, I'd say he was left behind, and though I want to say he died, I'd like to imagine he found some way to adapt
@Flop (JURY-7), @Provingmedusa (JURY-2), @「🖤 Morpho-Syntax 🖤」 (VICE-3), and @WstStranger (VICE-2) - your characters I interacted with the most, and considering how different your characters were, they changed VICE-8 in slight ways that may have been hard to tell. From a gun-blasting hothead, he turned more composed, thinking scenarios through instead of jumping right in without a plan which usually got him in trouble - thanks to JURY-7 and VICE-2. Despite his thoughts of doing so, VICE-3, the dreaded mascot of the Combine, ensured VICE-8's loyalty so he wouldn't defect. Last but not least, JURY-2, the first character VICE-8 had a serious talk with them about his past, and thanks to him, he felt a lot more comfortable sharing those details with others, and opening up about any problems that went his way
I had fun

NiGHT

Quark
Premium Member
Nebulae
Jessica Fowler

Former Known Residences:
City 24 , Little Sicily, Outpost Berkhoff, Zelenogradsk
Current Residence: FOB Gasket

One of the first to wake up on the coast, Jessica Fowler found herself thrust back into the bleak world of Combine oppression. Captured at gunpoint, she initially utilized her engineering skills to repair Combine equipment, before eventually carving out a sanctuary of sorts in Little Sicily. There, she rebuilt and revitalized the community, fostering a sense of normalcy amidst the chaos. She set up a farm and running water. Even established a Bar and Kitchen, throwing together a makeshift brewery to supply it all in vain.

Driven by a fierce desire for freedom, Jessica orchestrated a daring escape, establishing an outpost to facilitate the smuggling of contraband. However, her hopes for sanctuary were dashed when the Reclaimers, supposed allies, mirrored the hostility of the Combine.

A reckless redhead, Jessica's numerous brushes with death erased countless memories, yet her indomitable spirit remained unbroken. Despite believing the worst was behind her after the Gene Worm's demise, fate had other plans. Ambushed and abducted, she found herself once again subjected to the whims of unseen forces.

Someone wanted to conduct more tests.....

From a throwaway character to my main, I had a not forseen this level of fun with this char, and thanks to the admins who messed with Jess, it was a blast. Thanks to Gopa, Aaron and Joy for making the combine RP entertaining during low population. Thanks to the GTC gang; Boris, Randall, Ed and Derek, we kept the rebels going when no one else was on, rememeber Zeleno where Boris processed dozens of "new members"

Jess's GTC Dossier
:

Former occupation: Combine Engineer
Current occupation: Combat Engineer
  1. Personality:
    Eager and Reckless

2. Personal thoughts section:
    I only have sparse intel on Jess, but what I've been able to experience in person she is an interesting individual. She is zeroed in on the field, a capable fighter. She has an unbreakable resilience to extreme pressure situations. She even is imortal.

She is one of the finest fighters the GTC has at our disposal.

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Harland Roscha said his goodbyes to a majority of his compatriots, he sold his Colt .357, the one he found his first day in Azov, to a hitman, the target being 'Frankfurt', Frank Steiner.

He returned to his homeland, China, shedding his false identity for another, he spent two years recovering in a former Ørsted blacksite, being nursed back to full strength, tailoring himself a new mechanical arm in the process. The next decade was spent dedicated to a singular focus, the formation of a large Vortal cluster, the aim being to reconnect the Vortigaunt populace before embarking on a Holy Jihad against the Combine.

On 20.06.2048, Harland Roscha and 40,000 Vortigaunts suddenly vanished overnight, many theories have spun about what may have happened to them, but no one truly knows.

WstStranger

Proton
Nebulae

jd_1.png

Johnathan Doe, self-proclaimed callsign Juliet-Delta. An unfortunate name, and a mildly unfortunate existence started just before the Combine. He thought of himself as no Hero, no Warrior, just as an expendable soldier all the time.

Out of his own will to make a difference, he fought the infamous Garrison 314 as a mere grunt in ΛTLAS, Reclaimers, and then directly under Lambda before walking off from the Red Coast after doing the dirty job to clean the world. Archives from decades later say he then took the role of a peacekeeper on former City 24, reason claimed as "[He] still knew nothing but war" despite working as a bartender in the Bastard Carrion at times.

A reality is that no one recorded him as one of the heroes against the Gene Worm within Lambda, but he couldn't care less.

All he cared about is that he was surrounded by good friends for years within Geneva, his new home... The last record of the John Doe was him going off a last journey to an old Combine City; reason only known to his closest friends, maybe to uncover some mystery of not only his past but the future... Word of mouth goes that he went there not alone, but with a companion formed by a last minute bet preluding a strife. He was happy nonetheless.

While no one has seen him ever since, or such is said to make him be more notable; and a most mundane soldier and post-soldier life was lived... It is in reality up to others if he did anything and if they will remember the forgettable face.

Juliet-Del- no John Doe out.

jd_2.png

Last edited:

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Might be way too self-indulgent the way I did my character epilogues, but oh what the hell.

"What kind of a researcher lets death stop him?"
Choi'Kurr-Gung'Lahh ("Heel of Heroes, Aid Supreme" in Vortigese), also known as 'Ropot'

Though it has been long since his passing in the underbelly of City 17, it was but a beginning for a brand new field of study for him. While the veil of death is hard to pierce, he finds the occasional opportunity to manifest as a vortal apparition, be it on Earth or elsewhere. Becoming a being of the void has enabled Ropot to access interdimensional pathways much more freely, which has always been part of his goal; to find a quiet corner of the Multitude where he can rest at ease. Unfortunately for him, he has grown just a little too attached to one particular realm called Earth. There he makes scant appearances to still meet with his comrades and their successors.
1zEQTnc.jpeg

"That's it for today's class. Tomorrow, we're learning how to disassemble turrets."
Yasu Satou, also known as 'Karasu'

From a family-distanced NEET making her own income through various Japanese-to-English translations during the dawn of the Internet as well as more unsavory electrical frauds, she has come on her own as a budding expert on all things related to Combine technology. Despite her constant quest to make a name for herself in the Lambda, studying and teaching, she always makes time for her old comrades. Yet part of her remains in the past, recounting the horrors of Zelenogradsk and the piles of burning bodies. Perhaps in time she will heal thanks to all the people by her side.

And what do you know, she did keep her promise about sending postcards to her friends!
9VPwOAV.jpeg

"There is always good to be done."
Kalani Kauhane, also known as Kal (and 'Fifty-Kal' that one time)

After the purging of the Gene Worm, Kalani seemingly retired into the city of Kaliningrad. There he continued to help rebuilding the remnants of society while occasionally visiting comrades over the years. Though even as he was getting older, he began to notice his aging had stopped. He recalled the vortal witch who had performed magicks esoteric even to her own kind to resuscitate him. His vortal cords stretched across the fabric of reality, lending him longevity and dullness to the faults of his ill-weathered figure.

His retirement ended after some years as pro-Combine terrorists attacked a maternity clinic, a gruesome act that he could not prevent in full. Once the bodies had been buried, he took a flight to Asia and met with his old companion Harland. While working as his bodyguard for some time, it did not take long for Kalani to ask a heavy favor. After a series of intensive and invasive surgeries, many of his health-impairing conditions were not only alleviated, but his overall capabilities were augmented to a considerable degree.

After a swift recovery period, he wished Harland best of fortune with his endeavors before going completely off the grid. As those who knew him faded from life over the decades, so too did the existence of Kalani become but a footnote in the history of European liberty. Little did most know, save perhaps for Harland himself, that this gigantic fellow had gone off to continue the fight against the Combine.
YRypf43.jpeg

Honorable mentions:

Although the Panthereye known by Romanians as 'Neobosit' perished in the RX-infested Prahova valley, one of its eggs was safely delivered to a vortigaunt in the process. With it, a new bloodline of symbiotic coexistence began with generations of panthereyes rekindling their kinship with vortigaunts - providing as stalwart guardians and fierce beasts for their cause.

Felix Munteanu was discharged from merchant service to allow him to continue his life as one of the nomadic people of the Carpathian mountains. Thanks to the Race X's unexpected incursion, the merchant arm planned to serve the House of Drăculești went up in smoke, all the while the House's many castles were besieged. Rumors say that Gavril Dracul rode out with his host of warriors to cleanse Bucharest of the alien infestation.
Whatever the case be, this led to the Drăculești becoming a dominant force in Romania - not through barter and merchantile wit, but force of arms. Their safeguarding of the very heart of Romania enabled the Free State to re-emerge in due time. But as the rule of royalty has become antiquated long ago, the House rescinded much of its authority and instead dedicated itself as an auxiliary branch of Romanian military forces.

Last edited:

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
In the tranquil wilderness of Romania, amidst the towering trees and the gentle babble of a nearby stream, Luke Walters had finally found the peace he had long sought after the tumultuous war against the aliens of Race X. Retiring from a life of rebellion, Luke had settled into a simple existence at a refugee camp, surrounded by the natural beauty of the landscape and the warmth of his newfound community.

Luke's days were filled with quiet routines and the comforting familiarity of routine. He spent his mornings tending to the gardens, nurturing the earth with hands that had once wielded weapons of war. In the afternoons, he would stroll through the forest, lost in thought as he reflected on the trials and tribulations of the past.

But Luke's peaceful retirement was soon disrupted by news from his friend John Doe @WstStranger , who had ventured to an old abandoned combine city for family matters. Concerned for John's safety, Luke couldn't ignore the call for help. Despite his desire for a quiet life, he knew he couldn't turn his back on a friend in need.

With resolve in his heart, Luke embarked on a journey to rescue John, guided by the memory of their shared struggles and the bond forged in the fires of war. Along the way, he encountered another friend, Jessica Fowler @NiGHT , who had been kidnapped and taken to a facility for experimentation by remnants of Race X. Luke knew he couldn't abandon Jessica to her fate, and so he vowed to free her from captivity.

As Luke's journey unfolded, he found unexpected allies in the form of old acquaintances. Among them was Randall Clark @Bounter , a former member of the GTC, who was providing medical aid to John after he had been wounded in a skirmish with a combine named VICE-8 @Zack . The encounter had left Randall injured, but his unwavering determination to help his fellow survivors mirrored Luke's own sense of duty.

Despite the dangers they faced, Luke and his companions pressed on, confronting VICE-8 and capturing them in a bold display of unity and courage. But in an unexpected twist, VICE-8 was eventually reformed, their heart softened by the compassion and forgiveness shown by Luke and his friends.

In the end, Luke's retirement was not defined by solitude, but by the bonds of friendship and the shared journey towards healing and redemption. As he returned to the tranquility of his refugee camp, VICE-8 at his side, Luke knew that his days of fighting may have ended, but his legacy of compassion and resilience would endure for generations to come. And amidst the wilderness of Romania, he found happiness not in the absence of conflict, but in the strength of the connections that bound him to his friends and the promise of a brighter future forged from the ashes of war.

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
In the tranquil wilderness of Romania, amidst the towering trees and the gentle babble of a nearby stream, Luke Walters had finally found the peace he had long sought after the tumultuous war against the aliens of Race X. Retiring from a life of rebellion, Luke had settled into a simple existence at a refugee camp, surrounded by the natural beauty of the landscape and the warmth of his newfound community.

Luke's days were filled with quiet routines and the comforting familiarity of routine. He spent his mornings tending to the gardens, nurturing the earth with hands that had once wielded weapons of war. In the afternoons, he would stroll through the forest, lost in thought as he reflected on the trials and tribulations of the past.

But Luke's peaceful retirement was soon disrupted by news from his friend John Doe @WstStranger , who had ventured to an old abandoned combine city for family matters. Concerned for John's safety, Luke couldn't ignore the call for help. Despite his desire for a quiet life, he knew he couldn't turn his back on a friend in need.

With resolve in his heart, Luke embarked on a journey to rescue John, guided by the memory of their shared struggles and the bond forged in the fires of war. Along the way, he encountered another friend, Jessica Fowler @NiGHT , who had been kidnapped and taken to a facility for experimentation by remnants of Race X. Luke knew he couldn't abandon Jessica to her fate, and so he vowed to free her from captivity.

As Luke's journey unfolded, he found unexpected allies in the form of old acquaintances. Among them was Randall Clark @Bounter , a former member of the GTC, who was providing medical aid to John after he had been wounded in a skirmish with a combine named VICE-8 @Zack . The encounter had left Randall injured, but his unwavering determination to help his fellow survivors mirrored Luke's own sense of duty.

Despite the dangers they faced, Luke and his companions pressed on, confronting VICE-8 and capturing them in a bold display of unity and courage. But in an unexpected twist, VICE-8 was eventually reformed, their heart softened by the compassion and forgiveness shown by Luke and his friends.

In the end, Luke's retirement was not defined by solitude, but by the bonds of friendship and the shared journey towards healing and redemption. As he returned to the tranquility of his refugee camp, VICE-8 at his side, Luke knew that his days of fighting may have ended, but his legacy of compassion and resilience would endure for generations to come. And amidst the wilderness of Romania, he found happiness not in the absence of conflict, but in the strength of the connections that bound him to his friends and the promise of a brighter future forged from the ashes of war.
🙏 never forget luke the goat

Blitz0012

Proton
Nebulae
AmCxYBE.png
The alien remained on the backlines, carrying wounded and expending his energy on the worst of them. A few bad wounds and the lack of a right eye dissuaded his presence on the main field. Following that, Brian accompanied the rebel groups for a short while longer, soon splitting off to pursue his own goals. Brian took on the role of a wandering skald and tutor, teaching his kin—or anyone who would listen—the ways of the weave, antlion husbandry, or whatever other wisdom (or, perhaps, nonsense) he could proclaim. He spent a few years or so roaming between their previous camps and battlefields—or what was left. Geneva, Bucharest, Agora, at each location convening with the Vortal weave to ensure the deeds of his allies were not forgotten, no matter how small a part they played—they'd live on, perhaps, in the Vortigaunt's combined memory. A series of Vortal graffiti told the tale of the groups, and to a lesser extent, Garrison 314. The route he walked would become known as the 'Red-Eye Trail', a long, winding route across Europe—perhaps a site of pilgrimage some day, for now simply a path well-trodden by alien hoofs.

After so long acting as a wandering reminder and local guide, the veteran 'gaunt was persuaded to start work pushing his kin to form a larger cluster and eventually, alongside a sizeable force of his kin, vanished into the night. And, for now, all that remained of Brian was the art and the stories he left along the trail—and in the minds of those he taught.