hl2rp² feedback thread 2.0²

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
i had to OOCly negotiate until they let me use some random model and then i had to have john, after possessing a CP, immediately strip naked for no justifiable reason
cp suit contains dewormer injection to stop cops from getting xenian tapeworms from all the headcrab meat they feed them it would have killed mr. dough

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
cp suit contains dewormer injection to stop cops from getting xenian tapeworms from all the headcrab meat they feed them it would have killed mr. dough

ah of course

i had john come up with the justification of "the suit felt weird" after the fact

stood there naked for 10 minutes while people went looking for spare clothes to give him lmao

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
ah of course

i had john come up with the justification of "the suit felt weird" after the fact

stood there naked for 10 minutes while people went looking for spare clothes to give him lmao
his cop body brain was having an absence seizure cause the dewormer started frying his neurons and the cp suit kept detecting worms in his GI tract so it kept pumping him full of albendazole

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
his cop body brain was having an absence seizure cause the dewormer started frying his neurons and the cp suit kept detecting worms in his GI tract so it kept pumping him full of albendazole

i was P2Ling against the cop's brain

Numbers

ok
Nebulae

/l spa esta caco? et eres caco? /l none u know u call me the /l spa caco /l none ok?

I keep asking.. "wheres your auth"
It is required, this spas is mine
Blackquill ghosting, one wipe at a time
I don't feel right, please mods let me sweep tonight

[sick ass kelly bailey riff]

Everyday it's voided, soldier team giving in, i just wanna know why

Want to pk them but i cant inject

I keep asking.. "can we flag?"
Blackquill haunting, he takes his time
Scripts keep dropping, wipe after wipe
I stayed up late, please mods let me try tonight (PLEASE)

Try tonight (MODS)
Try tonight (PLEASE)
Try tonight (MODS)

Everyday it's voided, soldier team giving in, i just wanna know why

pleaase mods, pleaase mods,
please mods auth me
please mods free me
please mods help me from my factions situation
please mods auth me
please mods free me
please mods save me from my factions situation

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
john doe needed new body
3 guys went out and ambushed a CP patrol on john doe's behalf because they couldnt find anything else
they dropped a cop's corpse in front of john
john did a worm moment
i get with a PM "headcops wont let you do that"

i had to OOCly negotiate until they let me use some random model and then i had to have john, after possessing a CP, immediately strip naked for no justifiable reason
Thats so retarded lmao

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
ah of course

Random fun thought experiment for my sake for a potentially better reason,

I presume the cop died before you got the suit(*body) to John Doe, so you could reason the suit had already send out the ping to the overarching network (Whether local or global, depending on if it still exists at all) as a "Hey, this guy died" thing. Now it's cut off/burned through any of the usefull tech on it to try and prevent repurposing.

Additionally, the suit is likely wrecked/torn up from having suffered enough damage to kill the wearer that it is better to replace the suit with something else. You are effectively risking being wrongfully identified by your friends as a cop by wearing it with little added benefit to off-set it.

Finally, depending on how far you want to push it/how involved the overarching network (be it AI, Dispatch, Overwatch or some other force) is in managing/monitoring data, having a unit get reported as KIA along with most/his entire team and then later, without getting info that a suit has been recovered, having that same unit suddenly either report itself as possessing some form of vital signs OR, again depending on how far you push it, suddenly get up and start moving again.

The latter being potential reasons for interest from Overwatch/The Combine-side in figuring out what happened, attempting to get their soldier/cannon-fodder back. Which could be either reasoned as John Doe or some other rebel that, unless there is a specific plan in mind to utilize the situation to achieve a goal, it's better to just ditch the suit somewhere and get some rebel gear instead (perhaps scrapping parts of the CP suit to make such a rebel suit)

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

I presume the cop died before you got the suit(*body) to John Doe, so you could reason the suit had already send out the ping to the overarching network (Whether local or global, depending on if it still exists at all) as a "Hey, this guy died" thing. Now it's cut off/burned through any of the usefull tech on it to try and prevent repurposing.

Additionally, the suit is likely wrecked/torn up from having suffered enough damage to kill the wearer that it is better to replace the suit with something else. You are effectively risking being wrongfully identified by your friends as a cop by wearing it with little added benefit to off-set it.

Finally, depending on how far you want to push it/how involved the overarching network (be it AI, Dispatch, Overwatch or some other force) is in managing/monitoring data, having a unit get reported as KIA along with most/his entire team and then later, without getting info that a suit has been recovered, having that same unit suddenly either report itself as possessing some form of vital signs OR, again depending on how far you push it, suddenly get up and start moving again.

The latter being potential reasons for interest from Overwatch/The Combine-side in figuring out what happened, attempting to get their soldier/cannon-fodder back. Which could be either reasoned as John Doe or some other rebel that, unless there is a specific plan in mind to utilize the situation to achieve a goal, it's better to just ditch the suit somewhere and get some rebel gear instead (perhaps scrapping parts of the CP suit to make such a rebel suit)

Flop

Secret dingus man
Nebulae

Basically risk of being shot at because you are effectively dressed up as a cop and getting data that a previously KIA unit now is suddenly "alive" or fine making the whole combine raise eyebrows as to how the fuck its possible which'll lead to its own issues

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Basically risk of being shot at because you are effectively dressed up as a cop and getting data that a previously KIA unit now is suddenly "alive" or fine making the whole combine raise eyebrows as to how the fuck its possible which'll lead to its own issues
yeah and sounds like it would have been a really fun avenue of rp, but instead they were just told no by some random cop who pretended to ask headcops LOL

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The real reason was they probably didn't want to give a whole cop suit/gear to a rebel (wormboy) when under any other circumstances you couldn't have gotten the script off the body because the cops were killed in a shootout, not mugged.

Nebulae

That all sounds like fun options, it's a shame that someone (not EVEN a headcop) decided to PM a user telling them what they can and can't do in their own gameplay. I'd also like to point out that it has nothing to do with what a headcop does and doesn't want done- the body's in rebel hands, how would they have any OOC basis to deny the brain worm its bounty?

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
That all sounds like fun options, it's a shame that someone (not EVEN a headcop) decided to PM a user telling them what they can and can't do in their own gameplay. I'd also like to point out that it has nothing to do with what a headcop does and doesn't want done- the body's in rebel hands, how would they have any OOC basis to deny the brain worm its bounty?
I think you potentially misunderstood momentary boredom and an enjoyment in imagining up reasons/situations for a world for support for actions and/or decisions (whether headcop or not), Just meant to say you could reason it into something more logical.

I've not played in a long while so I don't know where the current setting is (hence all the if's in the thing I mentioned), nor do I know the current direction of things. So any opinions I could give would likely be outdated or one-sided anyway.

Although while very much a personal opinion, When you play characters with a certain level of special things (Such as a brainworm that can control/wear corpses? I don't know too much about it) it can come with certain situations needing special rulings for a variety of potential reasons, one of the older ones I can remember around this idea alone is how I don't believe it was accepted back then to 'rob' a corpse of their uniform (rebel or cop) outside of getting stuff like armour scraps from it from time to time.

Still though, not worth many complaints if HCs weren't even addressed regarding it imho

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
John doe would be frightening on a visor

VITALS: 0
ARMOR: 100

i like to imagine john's straight up invisible to some synths since they'd use thermal imaging and other stuff to mark targets
so he just comes up as deceased, and the synth, following its programming, would abjectly ignore him, even if he's smashing it with a pipe, because it cant comprehend that an unliving thing is animate