hl2rp² feedback thread 2.0²

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
co-SD. literally just someone to pick up slack where it can be done
same root problem, cannot identify someone who can be given the rank yet and trust me I've tried

red tape leading back to you? this is the same stuff that plagued previous iterations with everything resting on the hands of Quill and Linnitrix 24/7
this is making the assumption that our problem was red tape, it wasn't

it was people (even SAs) having too much reign over their shit and leading to stuff like the last city map not panning out well, dumpsterfire communication and a lot of people flaking where they were expected to show up for whatever the team had planned while I was away

Toriwarior30055

I am Santa Claus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
I think we should all type in italics to make our posts more dramatic
I propose a solution, that might just work – introducing a mandatory "Reality Check" event. Picture this: Combine forces dropping in with a squad of virtual therapists armed with virtual clipboards and diagnosis codes. They'll stroll through the streets, offering psychological evaluations to rebels and Combine alike. Maybe, just maybe, a therapeutic intervention will jolt our roleplayers back to the grim reality of Half-Life 2.

But, hey, who am I kidding? It's like trying to fix a leaky airboat with bubblegum and optimism. The only certainty in this virtual pandemonium is the uncertainty of whether my sanity will survive the ongoing madness of nonsensical [non-specific issue] on my Half-Life 2 RP server.

Reactions: List

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
NebulousSpeechBubblePost.gif

TedHatty

Proton
Nebulae
I don't really agree with the sentiment of trying to somehow shame or pressure event staff to put effort into something they have no motivation or creativity to do. If they have a preference let them be; trying to force the opposite is bound to end with either a lackluster experience for both sides or straight up burnout.
i still remember when i joined the event team to put into practice a few ideas that i had and then suddenly woke up one day found my name on the "REBEL PLOTLINE LEAD" roster

i had like 4 exams to give by the end of the month bro I HAD TO LEAVE!

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
brandon is the same dude that led to the epic combine ball moment where the security council got to quash a cop rebellion because he had the proactivity to initiate that situation in the first place

brandon is also the same dude that did a lot of in base roleplay with prisoners (vortigaunt & human) regarding their IC processing, and giving them activities like grub harvests while they were captured back in asheville

i mean genuinely speaking, what is so different between brandon and the average minmaxing rebel RPer that wants to win everything (and still got to lead/influence cells) - both of them "destroy roleplay" in their own way if we want to be super critical about every person we appoint

also lol don't @ me about "needing a break for 6 months" - you try getting a good grade at my rancid professor gambling university, frankly pathetic that people want to judge me for how I spend six months of my life out of a year. I have tried finding a replacement for myself, nobody steps up for it and the ones that do are seen as unfit for the role
3CD6F536-5DE8-4AFD-8D32-7B53784A6807.gif

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I loved my time as SD but I also wanted to fucking kill myself (metaphorically) on the regular because of the stress of dealing with people tbh

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Edit: I meant to put this in the screenshot thread but it's here now, so my feedback was whoever this guy is, his events are fun, like innkeepers but a bit scarier

JV17dnM.png
IUYvhH7.jpeg
HDSrarn.png

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Edit: I meant to put this in the screenshot thread but it's here now, so my feedback was whoever this guy is, his events are fun, like innkeepers but a bit scarier

JV17dnM.png
IUYvhH7.jpeg
HDSrarn.png

walking example of how you can have a long-term antagonist that doesnt enforce PvP between rebels and cops

at some point we might have to team up to deal with his ass

Generally Fruity

Proton
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I loved my time as SD but I also wanted to fucking kill myself (metaphorically) on the regular because of the stress of dealing with people tbh
how you didn't snap and employ ironfist cutthroat zero-tolerance on every level no matter the person is a mystery to me

NiGHT

Quark
Premium Member
Nebulae
Idea: GMan appearances. Since the admins fuck with us in different ways, why not show a couple disappearing GMen before doing a event? can allow admins to lead players to a event by baiting them with the GMen

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Idea: GMan appearances. Since the admins fuck with us in different ways, why not show a couple disappearing GMen before doing a event? can allow admins to lead players to a event by baiting them with the GMen

funnily enough this does happen, but its like very rare

G-Man is only really interested in Freeman and associates, so he only specates events that would impact lambda or such

i think he's had a few sporadic appearances in the background, but i might just be mandela effecting myself

NiGHT

Quark
Premium Member
Nebulae
have GMen operatives or something. looking at potential clients or something

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
funnily enough this does happen, but its like very rare

G-Man is only really interested in Freeman and associates, so he only specates events that would impact lambda or such

i think he's had a few sporadic appearances in the background, but i might just be mandela effecting myself
i can’t believe an event I was in had one of the only like 2 or 3 gman appearances in all of neb and I didn’t even fucking notice him