hl2rp² feedback thread 2.0²

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Newer staff members thinking they'd get demoted for doing it, only for the response to be

"Ah shit not again."
the fact that made me worried when I was new

genuinely how the fuck did you not demote me after some of the shit I did accidentally LOL

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

genuinely how the fuck did you not demote me after some of the shit I did accidentally LOL

neve attribute to malice what can equally be explained as incompetence

far better to have a stupid staff member than one that's actively being detrimental

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae

I am nothing if not a forgiving man.

A staff member slayed the whole server (except staff members higher than them) once, but because it was a genuine accident I was lenient.

Nebulae
I am nothing if not a forgiving man.

A staff member slayed the whole server (except staff members higher than them) once, but because it was a genuine accident I was lenient.

that hit me right in the ammoman

imagine if he just did this instead of going on a failed s2k rampage and showing us how bad he is at CSGO

Nebulae
Ah yes, the infamous ammoman incident

Somebody with staff powers, giving themselves an OP gun - dying to random civil protection players while trying to mass RDM. You can't make that shit up

it couldve actually been as simple as giving himself like 10000 hp or something

if stupidity is an artform that was a picasso production

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The number of Nebulous staff incapable of resigning nicely and instead going skitzo is honestly weird as fuck lmao

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
The number of Nebulous staff incapable of resigning nicely and instead going skitzo is honestly weird as fuck lmao
I actually spent so much time thinking about this once but don't remember if I made a post about it

I think its a weird call of the void effect that most if not all staff members experience, mostly from fear of doing a major fuck up that would get you demoted

Pretty sure most people have had a "i can just toss a grenade into this crowd of players" or "i can drop a container on this dude" or "i can slay the entire server with a single command" moment, not out of malice but again fear that you'd make a mistake that would lead to that happening (the feeling being reinforced if you've actually done it in the past)

The way all of these are so poorly executed though means they're probably done impulsively. They have something in their hands in the moment and just do something with it, if someone actually wanted to cause real damage they'd go about doing it a different way

After its done they know they're fucked anyway so they double down like 9/10 times and start calling the server shit or whatever and how they never liked it, cementing the fact that they're probably never coming back in any capacity

I think it also plays into the fact that neb players are incapable of logging out of the forums so every resignation or retirement has to be extravagant and memorable. Why not be remembered as the guy that couldnt get a single kill as an OTA with an AR2 and admin powers

People doing it in the past also probably inspires others to do it in the future

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I actually spent so much time thinking about this once but don't remember if I made a post about it

I think its a weird call of the void effect that most if not all staff members experience, mostly from fear of doing a major fuck up that would get you demoted

Pretty sure most people have had a "i can just toss a grenade into this crowd of players" or "i can drop a container on this dude" or "i can slay the entire server with a single command" moment, not out of malice but again fear that you'd make a mistake that would lead to that happening (the feeling being reinforced if you've actually done it in the past)

The way all of these are so poorly executed though means they're probably done impulsively. They have something in their hands in the moment and just do something with it, if someone actually wanted to cause real damage they'd go about doing it a different way

After its done they know they're fucked anyway so they double down like 9/10 times and start calling the server shit or whatever and how they never liked it, cementing the fact that they're probably never coming back in any capacity

I think it also plays into the fact that neb players are incapable of logging out of the forums so every resignation or retirement has to be extravagant and memorable. Why not be remembered as the guy that couldnt get a single kill as an OTA with an AR2 and admin powers

People doing it in the past also probably inspires others to do it in the future
tbh the staff members who just did good shit and didn't do dumb shit like you mentioned are the ones that I remember the most/remember enjoying working with

I only remember ammoman because it's more funny than it is sad.

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
tbh the staff members who just did good shit and didn't do dumb shit like you mentioned are the ones that I remember the most/remember enjoying working with

I think its ironic that the only one that did this whos name can be recalled is the one who did it the worst

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I think its ironic that the only one that did this whos name can be recalled is the one who did it the worst
There weren't that many

There were some who did the whole resign + "fuck neb and rp" routine but they either never came back or came back and got over it. Or got banned LOL

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

people remember quinctius cincinnatus because he resigned amicably after fulfilling his duty as emperor of rome and went back to life as a farmer

people remember caligula for being a rampant piece of shit

not many people remember the guy who did absolutely nothing of note

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
people remember quinctius cincinnatus because he resigned amicably after fulfilling his duty as emperor of rome and went back to life as a farmer

people remember caligula for being a rampant piece of shit

not many people remember the guy who did absolutely nothing of note
I actually didnt know the first guys name but i do know caligula further cementing this fact

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I actually didnt know the first guys name but i do know caligula further cementing this fact

he has an amazing story

he was an ex-general who left to become a farmer of little fame

but rome went through a major war/revolt and needed an emperor desperately, so they asked him to step up

he said sure, became emperor, promptly stopped the war, and immediately resigned, citing he finished what he'd been asked to do

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I do this whenever I get bored or see metro