hl2rp² feedback thread 2.0²

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
bluesuit gang will always be my fondest rp creation

the whole idea was based on "every male09 in a bluesuit looks the same"

then the concept to reject fancy clothes to be completely anonymous was born. kind of a meta-commentary spurred by the lack of models and how goofy it was to identify people. moreso people getting egged on and bullied in the blacksuit rebel zones for being a bluesuit, because a bluesuit meant a new player, so flipped the narrative

then that turned into a whole group which turned into a riot, which i'd talked to no one about ooc ahead of time but everyone for whatever reason allowed it to happen, no one seemed salty ooc, no one had bad feelings. ran for 3 days, then it was over, complete ic initiative and people piling in

very satisfying

Nebulae

then the concept to reject fancy clothes to be completely anonymous was born. kind of a meta-commentary spurred by the lack of models and how goofy it was to identify people. moreso people getting egged on and bullied in the blacksuit rebel zones for being a bluesuit, because a bluesuit meant a new player, so flipped the narrative

then that turned into a whole group which turned into a riot, which i'd talked to no one about ooc ahead of time but everyone for whatever reason allowed it to happen, no one seemed salty ooc, no one had bad feelings. ran for 3 days, then it was over, complete ic initiative and people piling in

very satisfying

to this day across multiple servers whenever i do a rebel thing in a city setting i always have me and whoever im with dress up in the blues as our disguise and thats purely because you gave me the idea

it might've been played up for satire but imo it was one of the best "rebel groups" around simply because it chose to associate with regular citizens. too many rebel guerilla armies detach themselves from the ordinary man in their IC narrative when there's so much a resistance can gain from using working people as a shield and blurring the lines between a labor strike and a revolt

reject armed uprising, embrace everyday shitstirring

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
think every staff member deleted the big boat or the train tracks on i17 at least once
i managed to delete both.

although ill fess up even though im 7 years too late;

the time i deleted the boat was on purpose.

i got dared.

if i said it was an accident in /op it was a lie

:D

Toriwarior30055

I am Santa Claus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
i managed to delete both.

although ill fess up even though im 7 years too late;

the time i deleted the boat was on purpose.

i got dared.

if i said it was an accident in /op it was a lie

:D

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae

very satisfying
Still the longest, most mutually enjoyable and smoothly running Cop/Rebel focussed "event" I've been a part of.

A big part of the fun came from the downtime when I had a chance to exchange insults with @Amiro over some of the barricades.

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
wdym it's a historical quote

It'd be in the neb museum of quotes

"This Breen" another classic

indecisive gman, that's another
H2QRRGZ.png

/d and /dispatch confusions are still my favorite

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
I remember the one of neb’s easliest ban appeal threads. Two (presumely underaged?) minges got perma’d for doing r*pe roleplay.

Their main reason for their appeal was that it was interesting for “character development”. Such interesting times.

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
H2QRRGZ.png

/d and /dispatch confusions are still my favorite
can someone clarify what the difference is? that is fucking funny though I'l admit lol. I still don't know myself.
also that wasn't me

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
can someone clarify what the difference is? that is fucking funny though I'l admit lol. I still don't know myself.
also that wasn't me
one command broadcasts the message to the entire server, the other works like /op and is only visible to dispatch/OTA players i think

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
also that wasn't me
As Mute said. Because Dispatch is supposed to be an 'AI'. /d is used to communicate between multiple scanners since they're all 'The same entity'. So it acts like an OOC chat (Same as /op) that can be taken IC by Dispatch players. But in the heat of the moment, your brain would just autopilot and do /dispatch. Which was the server wide broadcast.
OTA used to have access to /d, nowadays it's only EOW's.

That reminds me, 'Conspirac' was a very common mistype on /dispatch