HL2RP² Lore Questions Thread

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
what is the level of creative freedom one has when playing characters that came via portal storms
maybe some portal tp'd them over abruptly and now theyre panicking and stuff. main limits are: dont be op, dont have crazy intelligence that others dont

what things have to be authed and what doesnt have to be authed for a character
items are authed, special gameplay impacting traits are authed, "rare" backstories, etc.

one thing that dont need auth anymore is basic military background, with respect to the (soon to be released) timeline. cant be 20 years old and ex special forces

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
maybe some portal tp'd them over abruptly and now theyre panicking and stuff. main limits are: dont be op, dont have crazy intelligence that others dont

items are authed, special gameplay impacting traits are authed, "rare" backstories, etc.

one thing that dont need auth anymore is basic military background, with respect to the (soon to be released) timeline. cant be 20 years old and ex special forces

oh fuck yeah

i love playing non-humans and shit that came from another world trying to adapt to the hellscape that is earthly post-civilization

bro

bro.

Hunk

Extraction Point
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
oh fuck yeah

i love playing non-humans and shit that came from another world trying to adapt to the hellscape that is earthly post-civilization

bro

bro.
it is hell

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

does being a state senator, congressman or cabinet member of a world leader turned lamba fighter need to be authed

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
oh fuck yeah

bro

bro.
a fish-out-of-water barnacle just trying to survive in a brand new, scary world much larger than itself
it'll make friends and enemies
it'll see hate and love
truly an inspirational story

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
it is hell

the ideas are endless

psychic vampires that are deathly afraid of vortigaunts because they can see through their human disguise
a xeno-slug that's managed to possess someone and effectively reanimate them like a puppet
a human from another dimension where the combine never invaded
a Man-Mantis from the Mantis universe, which is actually fucking canon to Half Life for SOME REASON
someone who just got caught too close to a portal storm and now they flicker in and out of reality
an antlion that merged with a human due to dimensional fractures like something out of The Fly

ok if i can do this I'll play

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I might be a little slow, but I've read through so much of the lore and I've comprehended some of it, but what's this all about, really? The OBC? The Cult-Like feeling for the Combine (?). I know it's all gone to shit after the events of HL2 but if someone could surmise for me and give me insight to this fucked up world (specifically what the combine/ the CCA has become) it would be fantastic.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I might be a little slow, but I've read through so much of the lore and I've comprehended some of it, but what's this all about, really? The OBC? The Cult-Like feeling for the Combine (?). I know it's all gone to shit after the events of HL2 but if someone could surmise for me and give me insight to this fucked up world (specifically what the combine/ the CCA has become) it would be fantastic.
the OBC stuff seems negligible in the grand scheme of things. based on what's written you'll see maybe a single reference to it in actual gameplay. that is, as far as I can tell because all of the writings for it are very convoluted and twelve sentences are used to convey something that can be done in one

Nebulae
the OBC stuff seems negligible in the grand scheme of things. based on what's written you'll see maybe a single reference to it in actual gameplay. that is, as far as I can tell because all of the writings for it are very convoluted and twelve sentences are used to convey something that can be done in one
rent free

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
The truth is one of them got turnt into the Slug-In-Chief and one of the primary Elite Overwatch missions will be kidnapping rebels - exclusively medics - never to be seen again outside of steam PMs

look you can rate it bad idea but dont blame me, blame the Combine for making host bodies for CAB players of all people

UM guy: Damn what a long shift today

His CA girlfriend: would you still love me if I was a slug?? 🥺🥺🥺

Zeenz

Atom
Premium Member
Nebulae
Numbers has fixed a problem that all UM(C) has faced and failed to stop throughout time. He has finally fixed the ERP couch issue. Praise Be. Praise Numbers.

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
that cult is just an organization operating within civil protection, led by a player with background lore theyve set up for themselves

the big actual lore thread aint out yet, which is probably gonna answer all the basic/generic questions on here

Zeenz

Atom
Premium Member
Nebulae
that cult is just an organization operating within civil protection, led by a player with background lore theyve set up for themselves

the big actual lore thread aint out yet, which is probably gonna answer all the basic/generic questions on here

👉👈 Lore team coming back?

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
How all CA mfers be looking like rn xD

457f33eec6e003ef4b40a8d6896e54aa.png