Serious HL2RP∞ Screenshot Thread

FieldersNL

heck
Nebulae
JiNPUJI.jpg

TedHatty

Proton
Nebulae
I would say it's less about both factories being repaired, more about players feeling like they are not impacting the narrative that much.

Both operations on the factories were led by @kifer and I, in an effort to show that it actually is possible to organise and strike in a coordinated manner (following the first failed attempt, which failed miserably and resulted in the death of every single person who took part in it).

The first operation went flawlessly, with no casualties. It took some serious planning and it was an headache to first of all group up the people and then explain the task, assign their roles and which group of attack they belonged to. Everybody communicated on the radio IC and it seriously was impressive to see everybody act together in such an harmonically coordinated way. Our objective was to blow up and reduce the place to rubble, reason why we employed serious equipment such as actual cans of gunpowder, sulfur and grenades.

The second operation also went extremely well. With minimal casualties, we were able to complete our objective and get almost all men out. Our objective was to completely render the place inoperable and reduce it to rubble (which I'm fairly sure the /event even stated that there was nothing left but rubble). In that assault we employed cans of gunpowder, sulfur, grenades and an oil barrel. The planning was also done exclusively by kifer and I, and God it was an headache to explain to the people. It was two groups, one on the catwalks, one on the ground and the last was meant to divert the cops elsewhere. It all went by plan.

Don't get me wrong, I'm completely fine with Combine immediately repairing both facilities, I'm sure it took a great deal of roleplay from their side too... however, with how fun it was and how satisfying it felt to perform those operations in such a cooperative manner... I don't feel rewarded? I don't feel like I impacted the storyline or have done any damage to my enemy at all.

As I said, I'm fine with the Combine repairing their facilities, but did it come at a cost? And if so, why does it not feel like it?

In addition, I somewhat feel frustrated to hear the entire thing belittled with:
no chance of prevention
1. No chance of prevention because we did sit down and plan our approach to make it so it was hard for Combine to counter-attack, or atleast delay their counter-attack late enough for us to be almost gone (with the diversion team).

no genuine significant damage was planned besides wanting to raid it to my knowledge
2. Exactly, to your knowledge. Our intention was to literally turn it to rubble, reason why we used gunpowder and all.

I love you numbers bro but I disagree with you here :(

Please don't argue with me regarding the "helix died because of this", I never intended that and I don't even want to talk about it.

Again, I'm fine with Combine repairing their place. It does feel a bit frustrating that our efforts have already been nullified in no time, but honestly more than that the thing that bothers me is that what we did is having no impact on where the narrative line is heading.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
still waiting for a poison crab to rock up so I can start harvesting them for poison
this is the shit i want
dissect my ass

but like generally, if you want to try fuck with me ic in any way i will probably play along with it which is why getting instakilled is so boring

Reactions: List

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
why do people keep opening nuclear blast doors because they hear zombies outside
"We need to get to the surface because of <something urgent> right now!"
"So uhhhh, you remember how we never got around to clearing that mosh pit of zombies outside the gate that leads to the surface?"

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
"We need to get to the surface because of <something urgent> right now!"
"So uhhhh, you remember how we never got around to clearing that mosh pit of zombies outside the gate that leads to the surface?"

yeah? wah wah
get yo broke ass one of these

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
deathwolf's base was hit by a synthetic in asheville and it was rebuilt in a day
in fairness I did this out of pure spite because I had spent hours building the base the day before the synthetic blew it up haha