Serious HL2RP∞ Screenshot Thread

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae
Honestly there was also the fact that most of the time the time people gave cops the most cookie-cutter shit possible for their events.

I remember someone made a cop event that was just a stereotypical hostage rescue on the event server. That was it. And then when cops solved it like a stereotypical hostage rescue they mocked those involved on the forums for "not being creative". Like, pick five random rebels and tell them to go save someone from some cops or OTA and do you think you'd get some mastermind thoughtful Rp either?

The few times people actually challenged cops in something that wasn't just CopRP: event server edition they'd come out of it with nothing but praise because they picked the good roleplayers and let them roleplay, like that one event with the hidden rogue.

Even CAB got given more interesting RP scenarios than cops ever did.

scombine event

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

scombine event
caption-2.gif

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Objective: Kill unarmed bluesuits scrap farming in the outlands

Reward: 3 Metal Plates
Dispatch tells me I'm a good boy.
Family cohesion preserved.
Immediately spend all my sterilized credits on non-mechanical reproduction as soon as I get home.

Pyromancer

Nebulae
This is up there with the evidence dotsy video

What is it with these gmod admin situation videos just being pure unfiltered hilarity

i remember i was in a gmod trolling group that would raid servers and one time there was a kid who called one of our group the n word and he got so winded up by us and the admins his mother came on the microphone and asked what was going on and we told her that her son was calling us racial slurs while i heard him sobbing in the background out sheer frustration and anger and i felt really bad about it

Reactions: List

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
i remember i was in a gmod trolling group that would raid servers and one time there was a kid who called one of our group the n word and he got so winded up by us and the admins his mother came on the microphone and asked what was going on and we told her that her son was calling us racial slurs while i heard him sobbing in the background out sheer frustration and anger and i felt really bad about it
You taught him a valuable life lesson.

Whatever that life lesson ended up being, I can't really say.

Pyromancer

Nebulae
You taught him a valuable life lesson.

Whatever that life lesson ended up being, I can't really say.
I like to think so. Come to think of it, a lot of things in the past that seemed to be comedic ended up looking a lot more harsh and unfunny in retrospect as time went on. I like to think that I've grown as a person since. I don't know. Hard to describe

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I like to think so. Come to think of it, a lot of things in the past that seemed to be comedic ended up looking a lot more harsh and unfunny in retrospect as time went on. I like to think that I've grown as a person since. I don't know. Hard to describe
It's funny you mention that because I was gonna say the same thing. As a frequent watcher of griefing videos I used to find that shit really funny but as I've gotten older I realise that, as funny as it was - a lot of them were kinda fucked up as well.

I do think as you get older you start to realise that ruining people's day for a quick laugh isn't as harmless as you might think. That being said there were a lot of griefing vids that were harmless in nature. A lot of the DNSL ones or Zuthar's old videos were pretty funny and didn't go too far in that direction

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
A lot of people even today excuse fucking about or ruining people's fun in a community as "just a game", forgetting or ignoring that this isn't just a random game of CoD where l am not likely to see you again after you have your fun - we share a space and I probably know you. Obviously that hits harder.

I've seen some really cruel and fucked up things done to others over roleplay that stretch far beyond IC because one side believes that a game is just a game, even if they've played together for years.

Its why shit like the Matrix bullshit during the Helix finale pissed people off so much. It would have been funny in another circumstance, probably.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
A lot of people even today excuse fucking about or ruining people's fun in a community as "just a game", forgetting or ignoring that this isn't a game just a random game of CoD where l am not likely to see you again after you have your fun - we share a space and I probably know you. Obviously that hits harder.

I've seen some really cruel and fucked up things done to others over roleplay that stretch far beyond IC because one side believes that a game is just a game, even if they've played together for years.

i had some D&D players tell me "its just a game" when they steal magic items reserved for other players and snap them over their knee

i've told those D&D players that games are supposed to be fun, and that no one would dedicate hours of their lives to them if they weren't

obviously i then booted those retards and just retconned their actions to give the magic items to the deserving players

its never just a game. it's something someone decided they'd rather do more than go out and talk to their friends, or have a drink in a pub. never ruin something someone wanted to enjoy

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
A lot of people even today excuse fucking about or ruining people's fun in a community as "just a game", forgetting or ignoring that this isn't just a random game of CoD where l am not likely to see you again after you have your fun - we share a space and I probably know you. Obviously that hits harder.

Its why shit like the Matrix bullshit during the Helix finale pissed people off so much. It would have been funny in another circumstance, probably.
i had some D&D players tell me "its just a game" when they steal magic items reserved for other players and snap them over their knee

i've told those D&D players that games are supposed to be fun, and that no one would dedicate hours of their lives to them if they weren't

obviously i then booted those retards and just retconned their actions to give the magic items to the deserving players

its never just a game. it's something someone decided they'd rather do more than go out and talk to their friends, or have a drink in a pub. never ruin something someone wanted to enjoy
Some people never grow up unfortunately. They still act like selfish morons well into adulthood.

When people say something is just a game, it should be a reminder that you're engaging with it for fun, not to make yourself miserable. It's certainly not a reason to excuse simply being a cunt to someone else.

It'd be like trashing somebody's book or painting on purpose and being like lol it's just something on a bit of paper get over it.

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
I was looking through my older hl2² images, and I just wanna give Erkor a shout out for one of the coolest Sneak previews of a map to date.

mGSozhP.png

(Edit: It was for the Alps, Just shortly after Season 1 Finale in City 24.)

Last edited: