Serious HL2RP∞ Screenshot Thread

Flop

Secret dingus man
Nebulae
i thought the whole thing the change was pretty obviously hinting that is that it wasnt the same timeline/dimension/etc? or is it not? because otherwise why weird beta map
This too tbh, we got told that apparently we weren't heard of till now so, I still don't know if we got zapped to i17 or vanished off the face of the original timeline and now onto another one

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
One of the last doesn't mean it's the last though??? Plus the Combine might as well have off-city production
I'm sorry but "one of the last" absoloutely implies it's one of a few.

If there's literal countries worth of industrial cities still around its not one of the last its just another one

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Realistically, a lot of questions can be answered by an ARK style lore-doc outlining the state of affairs of a map such as this. It gave so much more intrigue for me into a map, learning about it on a surface level, its history, and its place in the current world.

Are we in a different dimension? Have we just been beamed into another city? Is it one of the last stable Cities? Is it one of the last stable INDUSTRIAL cities? Where's Lambda in all of this? How did the growth or the Paragotic Fauna reach City 14 all the way from Bucharest?

Plenty of questions remain unanswered, many more could crop up to help people understand just what the fuck's going on.

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
You guys might as well just say its a different timeline lmfao

I knew the story was fucked when the guy in charge called it the Universal Union after months of stamping that out. No consistency

Reactions: List

Gyarik

gu
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I'm sorry but "one of the last" absoloutely implies it's one of a few.

If there's literal countries worth of industrial cities still around its not one of the last its just another one
You got a point, but really i'm just trying to rationalize lore we (allegedly as i've been staff only halfway through this map) kept on a surface level for the players. ICly we've been saying it's one of the last or whatever, but it could as well be exaggerated statements, if not misinformation. As Medusa said, players don't even know if post-Citadel event they all came back to *their* earth.

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
tfw the entire industrial output of combine on earth relies on a single city because all of the others decided to stop making stuff (it will crumble to production demands of multiple sectors at once within a month)

we're splitting hairs at this point, i get it, but that's such a ridiculous premise and couldve been so easily avoided by saying nothing
remember season 1 when the lore actually used to make sense?

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
server has looped back to universal union industrial city rp, proving that its the superior setting once and for all

the players yearn for gel apple production shift roleplay

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Server went from "Europe is in chaos but the Combine still have a pretty good hold of the east. City 8, etc" to "city 14 is one of the last remaining guys!!!"
"geneva is one of the last holdouts!!!"

to

"oh it's all good here's another city"

c'mon

tfw you will never scam someone's entire credit history by punching them in the gut and running off with their CID card

cityrp sucks as a setting if there's no dodgy businesses (like @Trains gutter oil cooking shop) and flourishing scams

rob

Nebulae
server has looped back to universal union industrial city rp, proving that its the superior setting once and for all

VKJwHES.png

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
my favourite part of i17 is the laundry chute in an apartment complex that leads to a pit of acid

funniest shit I've ever seen

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
shame most of the parts of it that experimented with verticality just got turned into restricted zones or blocked off
I liked the verticality as well although it led to a lot of scuff

The elevator in hotel diordna frequently claimed lives (Mostly cops for some reason) and source ladders are notoriously annoying to deal with in the base games, so it's even worse in gmod