Serious HL2RP∞ Screenshot Thread

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I remember the days when rebels icly were whinging 24/7 bc there was "too many lesbians"

I was baffled by it then just as much as I am now. Of all things to bitch about my god

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
"be hated so people resist" is such a cartoonish and outdated view of CAB imo. cops already exist for that purpose. the goal of CAB should be the opposite; make the regime "likeable" to the average citizen despite its horrors, gaslight gatekeep and girlboss the working joe through corruption, patronage and ideology.

the faction objectively got better when people matured into this (literally, by growing up)

I absolutely agree, but tbh one of the reasons the topic gets me so sore at points is the weird narrative that developed over time that me, @Subeh, Humanrev or anyone else I had in the faction were the ones that actually made the faction like "that" when we didn't.

The faction was already like that, stretching all the way back to 2013/14 when it was made by Dallas. Literally some of the most crazy stuff I got told came directly from some of the biggest people on server who'd played a CA.

Even then we made a collective effort to tone down the weird and stupid shit of prior leads (killing off entire factions, selling out Union spies in meetings with AC-1 surrounded by OTA in rebel territory, mowing down the plaza, walking around with an LMG) because we thought it was dumb as fuck and shouldn't be a thing.

I won't deny it was cartoonish and outdated in so many ways but those were the expectations of the time and absolutely nobody ever came to me and went "hey, I was thinking this needs to change to x or y". The interest in politics or even shit to do was just not there unfortunately. Dallas was the only one who could have reformed things.

Reactions: List

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
I remember the days when rebels icly were whinging 24/7 bc there was "too many lesbians"

I was baffled by it then just as much as I am now. Of all things to bitch about my god
get all these women off my screen im trying to game with the boys 🤮

Revanox

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae

dude.... bq... fix your server... too many femchar cuties on couches...

Nebulae

it was definitely strange, don't know if it was worth "bitching about" but a large number of those relationships seemed tasteless and shallow from an outside view

it was mockable and thus was mocked, such is the way of the meme machine. end of the day i doubt anyone gave a genuine shit, which is the double edged nature of this place

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Howell was a lesbian because I was new to Gmod, didn't know the stigma, had never done roleplay of this type before. It literally just 'happened' as I developed her character.

But honestly, a big part of why people ended up making lesbians was because wanting to have any sort of relationship development or whatever was almost impossible with male chars because they were mostly lifeless bricks and the IDEA of romance (without ERP) was liable to get the door slammed on you.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
it was more to do with the fact that a lot of the characters in question were a tasteless characterization by people who'd never spoken to a woman in their life before

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
it was definitely strange, don't know if it was worth "bitching about" but a large number of those relationships seemed tasteless and shallow from an outside view

it was mockable and thus was mocked, such is the way of the meme machine. end of the day i doubt anyone gave a genuine shit, which is the double edged nature of this place
it was more to do with the fact that a lot of the characters in question were a tasteless characterization by people who'd never spoken to a woman in their life before
I understand why it was mocked OOCly at times

but to whinge about it IC??? That's just petty imo LOL

Nebulae
Howell was a lesbian because I was new to Gmod, didn't know the stigma, had never done roleplay of this type before. It literally just 'happened' as I developed her character.

But honestly, a big part of why people ended up making lesbians was because wanting to have any sort of relationship development or whatever was almost impossible with male chars because they were mostly lifeless bricks and the IDEA of romance (without ERP) was liable to get the door slammed on you.
lmfao

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

same playerbase that spammed the N-word IC for no other reason than "funny" whenever they saw a male_01 or male_02 model. the expectation of depth and narrative from a teenage crowd during the edgiest 4chan phase of their lives probably brought fairly expected results

Nebulae

at the time i got back to playing consistently (2019-2020 etc.) lesbian relationships were extremely intertwined with loyalist socialite culture IC so it made sense for street rebel types to internalize that association

no explanation for anything else though. neb could stand to be more accepting of intimacy in roleplay in general, considering everyone's acted out weird shit to get their dick hard in their time and its pointless to wag fingers at each other in this strange puritan oneupmanship game in an attempt to absolve oneself

Last edited:

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

Its true tbh, character interaction was fairly limited to "I Am Sad Combine Shot John" and "Man I Hate Collaborators" most of the time back in the day.

Most (not all) rebels didn't play characters, they played OOC vessels to navigate the politics of whatever happened that day. Actual consistency or playing to your own IC detriment was asking for you to get PK'd because someone would take the chance.

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae

half life two WOKEplay in 2024:

-Civil AdminisGAYtion Board
-Union LGBT-ical
-Civil PRIDE union
-Overwatch TRANShuman Arm
-Civil Protection

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Its true tbh, character interaction was fairly limited to "I Am Sad Combine Shot John" and "Man I Hate Collaborators" most of the time back in the day.

Most (not all) rebels didn't play characters, they played OOC vessels to navigate the politics of whatever happened that day. Actual consistency or playing to your own IC detriment was asking for you to get PK'd because someone would take the chance.

there's still a huge amount of people who are just ontologically opposed to certain roleplay archetypes like "ex-combine" even now lmao

Nebulae
speaking of half life wokeplay

DShAuXR.png

copyright green valley @Cindy

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
there's still a huge amount of people who are just ontologically opposed to certain roleplay archetypes like "ex-combine" even now lmao

One of Neb's biggest true-isms is that not many of the die-hard rebel players ever really touched anything Combine related and so their experiences are shaped with how its damaged them playing as rebels.

And reverse for the people who main Combine stuff.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
@Appetite Ruining Kebab ohhhh no no I wasn't talking about WN or Atle, my comment was related to the CAB thing cause everytime Subeh or someone else mentions something about a CAB char of his, people go on a tangent about how it should've been written and scripted by Scorsese instead of being flat out edgy like it hasn't been idk 6 years and it didn't matter jack to have some overly complex char back then anyway