Serious HL2RP∞ Screenshot Thread

key

Nebulae
I did personally like when cab was more of an antagonistic faction but that's just me. The grimdark HL2RP never really got old to me as I grew up. I enjoyed playing civ a lot more when the atmosphere was overwhelmingly oppressive and I constantly felt like one slip up would see my character's body slumping over in an alley or an incinerator.

I liked the later versions of CAB as well of course, and recognize that the older iterations of HL2RP became less favourable to others and to later "generations" of players, and I've got nothing wrong with that. My peak interest in CitizenRP though, personally, was back in my time with WI in the age of edgy CAB.

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
I think CAB should still be antagonistic but with a human face. My favorite character archetype to play are villains because alot of people don’t play straight up bad guy characters. I think they need nuance behind them because the 1984 grimdark isnt fun to play or good for RP.

Reactions: List

Mike65536

The Motha' Fuckin' Newports.
Nebulae
this is just regular wheezer with a combine PT replicating the same poses as the regular wheezer staring into a camera.
the music hasnt changed at all
It's not Wheezer, it's Bouncer, it says right there on the screen.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
I did personally like when cab was more of an antagonistic faction but that's just me. The grimdark HL2RP never really got old to me as I grew up. I enjoyed playing civ a lot more when the atmosphere was overwhelmingly oppressive and I constantly felt like one slip up would see my character's body slumping over in an alley or an incinerator.

I liked the later versions of CAB as well of course, and recognize that the older iterations of HL2RP became less favourable to others and to later "generations" of players, and I've got nothing wrong with that. My peak interest in CitizenRP though, personally, was back in my time with WI in the age of edgy CAB.
yeah exactly

i dunno bro everything just felt like it got softer and like we had to be "fairer" to all facets of rp

i enjoyed playing a citizen because it wasnt fair. my char was dirt. they could get beaten for next to no fucking reason. they could earn all these points n then have them taken away by some bitch CAB that quite frankly just felt like it and came up with a half decent reason. it made me feel like i should be playing a char that constantly feels like theyre desperate and out of options

nothing was fair

and then it started becoming insanely fair.

citizenrp by the time i got back from being banned for 2 yrs felt like fuckin white picket fence living

cops werent scary anymore. cab were just irl politicians with an alien regime twist. ota were made to reel themselves in because everything they did was viewed as 'unfair'. citizens didnt really get beat unless they really fucked up. if somebody did do something a bit harsh they got fucked w/ oocly because of it

sounds backwards but hl2rp got way more boring to me when everything was suddenly "fair"

my char getting fucked over for some bullshit reason didnt make me wanna bitch oocly, totally unfair and complete bullshit situations is what provided me with most of my dev

again, subjective

fabevil

Proton
Premium Member
Nebulae
yeah exactly

i dunno bro everything just felt like it got softer and like we had to be "fairer" to all facets of rp

i enjoyed playing a citizen because it wasnt fair. my char was dirt. they could get beaten for next to no fucking reason. they could earn all these points n then have them taken away by some bitch CAB that quite frankly just felt like it and came up with a half decent reason. it made me feel like i should be playing a char that constantly feels like theyre desperate and out of options

nothing was fair

citizenrp by the time i got back from being banned for 2 yrs felt like fuckin white picket fence living

cops werent scary anymore. cab were just irl politicians with an alien regime twist. ota were made to reel themselves in because everything they did was viewed as 'unfair'. citizens didnt really get beat unless they really fucked up. if somebody did do something a bit harsh they got fucked w/ oocly because of it

sounds backwards but hl2rp got way more boring to me when everything was suddenly "fair"

my char getting fucked over for some bullshit reason didnt make me wanna bitch oocly, totally unfair and complete bullshit situations is what provided me with most of my dev

again, subjective
I suffer.
I love it.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
I suffer.
I love it.
exactly bro

sittin in your apartment block tryna rp and a bunch of edgy fucktard cops barge in, trash ur shit, search you, beat you to within an inch of your life cus u had a tooth pick in your back pocket, then leave you without a door cus they kicked it off its hinges?

that's my JAM

JUST LET ME SUFFER FOR GOD SAKE

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
exactly bro

sittin in your apartment block tryna rp and a bunch of edgy fucktard cops barge in, trash ur shit, search you, beat you to within an inch of your life cus u had a tooth pick in your back pocket, then leave you without a door cus they kicked it off its hinges?

that's my JAM

JUST LET ME SUFFER FOR GOD SAKE
I do sorta want this again but I want it to be conducive to RP. Like they’ll come in and fuck you but they aren’t there to be PK hungry moreso in good faith

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
I do sorta want this again but I want it to be conducive to RP. Like they’ll come in and fuck you but they aren’t there to be PK hungry moreso in good faith
shrug

a lot of the time back then cops were just pk hungry fuckwads but i didnt let that change it for me lmao

went through all those years and only faced 1 pk that wasnt voluntary; died in a sweep cus i was tabbed out lmfao

i guess i just didnt let it bother me. i knew they were being ooc powertripping dumbasses but.. i didnt really care? i still got dev out of it, i was still having fun.

spose i just never read into it that much

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I gotta admit, with hindsight I think some of the old shit that happened did go too far in regards to just how brutal and unfun it could get, but:

if somebody did do something a bit harsh they got fucked w/ oocly because of it

This really was the killer. When Hoovie and I wrote the 1.0 Helix lore, the intent was never to go as far as people took it - we wanted to make a healthier experience than CW, absolutely, but we never wanted to do away with the oppression or grit entirely.

But over time people used what we'd written as an excuse to outright pull away from any semblance of edge; cops especially got absolutely shit on if they did anything remotely cop-like if it didn't come from a certain few players or they crossed some imaginary line.

CAB got the short end of the stick too with how jarring it became for people to play bad guys; other than Ravoux and Huxley the only true 'bad guy' I can remember was Mert's character and he acted like he'd stepped out of our era, but not in a good way.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
yeah exactly

nothing was fair

again, subjective

This used to be the idea of HL2RP and it kinda lost a bit of the fun it had in it for me when stuff became more fair by basically adding heavier restrictions to the stronger faction to balance it out

It became bad to be edgy, you needed some movie tier reason to act villainous and people complained because they got beat or mistreated by the people that are supposed to do that

I think some started taking it too seriously to the point where losing felt like way more than it actually is, people used to drop their o7s for a character but it didn't mean anything serious or had any animosity, people paid respect to a cool character and were already expecting what the player could come up with next, instead of acting like it was the end of the world

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
This used to be the idea of HL2RP and it kinda lost a bit of the fun it had in it for me when stuff became more fair by basically adding heavier restrictions to the stronger faction to balance it out

It became bad to be edgy, you needed some movie tier reason to act villainous and people complained because they got beat or mistreated by the people that are supposed to do that

I think some started taking it too seriously to the point where losing felt like way more than it actually is, people used to drop their o7s for a character but it didn't mean anything serious or had any animosity, people paid respect to a cool character and were already expecting what the player could come up with next, instead of acting like it was the end of the world
i will preach it until the fucking rapture

losing gives u more dev than winning ever will.

i was out here with @Numbers planning a million different ways for rebels to lose even tho i was leadin em during trident's era

idc if i lose 100 times in a row im gonna get a fuckload out of dev outta that shit

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
i will preach it until the fucking rapture

losing gives u more dev than winning ever will.

It's not just that, winning can give you dev but it feels empty when it's handed to you instead of you actually managing to overcome the situation and earning it

When I win a round on CS for instance well it's alright but there's a difference between pulling a 1v5 clutch with a bomb defuse and dropping a 13-0 against people who can't aim

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
It's not just that, winning can give you dev but it feels empty when it's handed to you instead of you actually managing to overcome the situation and earning it

When I win a round on CS for instance well it's alright but there's a difference between pulling a 1v5 clutch with a bomb defuse and dropping a 13-0 against people who can't aim
oh yeah 100%

i just personally enjoy my char losing more than i do them winning lol

just more fun.

im not out here to win im out here to write a story. losing writes a fucking good story.

again, i cite trp as an example

we'd lose again. and again. and again. and again. and fucking again.

for like, legit 2-3 ooc months

then we'd win something

aND IT WAS FUCKING AMAZING

fabevil

Proton
Premium Member
Nebulae
oh yeah 100%

i just personally enjoy my char losing more than i do them winning lol

just more fun.

im not out here to win im out here to write a story. losing writes a fucking good story.

again, i cite trp as an example

we'd lose again. and again. and again. and again. and fucking again.

for like, legit 2-3 ooc months

then we'd win something

aND IT WAS FUCKING AMAZING
It’s weird, isn’t it?
Now that I think about it: I like when my characters last longer than 15 seconds, I like having my own small, personal victories within my own story/character arc, but I also want to feel like I’m constantly knocking on Death’s door, being ever so dangerously close to fucking it all up, but still holding that hope that maybe, just maybe- my characters can pull through, survive, have a happy ending.

It’s been 7 years now, roleplaying on Neb. None of my characters have ever survived, all of them have lost their lives, either failing to accomplish what they desired or sacrificing themselves to save their friends: but that can change, this is a fight we can win, today is the day we live.

Flop

Secret dingus man
Nebulae
When we went onto i17 on this iteration, I soo wanted to be the cop that everybody fucking despised believe me (not murder or PK hungry but just bad enough to ruin someone's day IC) but afterwards I started hearing some complaints about some cops (in general) and just resorted to tip-toeing and just being a asshole as a precautionary measure.

Ultimately I just wanted to attribute to someone's immersion or atmosphere of the server rlly. Not ruin someone's fun OOCLY but still something

¯\_(ツ)_/¯​