Serious HL2RP∞ Screenshot Thread

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
cops especially got absolutely shit on if they did anything remotely cop-like
its about a lack of respect for the other persons story. if majority cops were like cw and players went "is what im doing right now progressing this other persons narrative" then any system would have worked, but there was a pretty long stint there when it felt like ark described it here:
when you start playing against people who seem to base their entire existence on this gamemode around being a roleplay dominatrix and lack basic empathy for how it might feel for the other side

its not so much about being upset as it was boring to do /me gets hit, with no followup, and no long-term character-arc, reasoning from the other player and how it would progress your own story. our playerbase was not mature or invested enough in their storytelling for it to be anything but a muse for a short-term, domineering "im in charge" snippet every single time (im guilty of this too)

same reason i think pks on neb were always about ticking the right boxes and never about "does this make sense, will this provide more roleplay than an alternative, and have i tried everything else?"

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
idk why i was given a stint by headcops when john doe bodyhopped into a cop corpse because there was none else available

roleplay dominatrixes with lack of basic empathy i guess

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
its about a lack of respect for the other persons story. if majority cops were like cw and players went "is what im doing right now progressing this other persons narrative" then any system would have worked, but there was a pretty long stint there when it felt like ark described it here:

You're right, but I also think there's a fair few people who made it clear that absolutely any interaction with cops was gonna be grounds for complaints and/or shit flinging, and sadly a lot of them were (at the time) the most vocal and easily able to whip a crowd into a frenzy over the latest Combine Roleplay Killer situation.

You only need to look at the difference this iteration between the thread I posted for helping bring rebel issues to light vs the Combine one. Most cops wouldn't risk posting in the rebel thread but I think the cop one got to like 20 pages in two days.

same reason i think pks on neb were always about ticking the right boxes and never about "does this make sense, will this provide more roleplay than an alternative, and have i tried everything else?"

This is absolutely true though, on both sides. The only difference, imo, was that cop PK's could be pointed at against the CPOG and told "no, this is shit", rebels got good at coming up with reasons that sounded plausible enough for it to stick which made it harder to work through.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
You're right, but I also think there's a fair few people who made it clear that absolutely any interaction with cops was gonna be grounds for complaints and/or shit flinging, and sadly a lot of them were (at the time) the most vocal and easily able to whip a crowd into a frenzy over the latest Combine Roleplay Killer situation.

You only need to look at the difference this iteration between the thread I posted for helping bring rebel issues to light vs the Combine one. Most cops wouldn't risk posting in the rebel thread but I think the cop one got to like 20 pages in two days.

This is absolutely true though, on both sides. The only difference, imo, was that cop PK's could be pointed at against the CPOG and told "no, this is shit", rebels got good at coming up with reasons that sounded plausible enough for it to stick which made it harder to work through.
QhMeRNL.png

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I may beee who knows i am the syntax headcop maybe >:D

john doe got crushed under a tree and needed a new body (truly a worm moment)
so 3 rebels went out for corpse hunting and found a dead CP
brought it to john
john did the worm

then i got a PM saying "headcops wont let you do that"

a little bit miff-inducing since it was literally a complete OOC sandbagging with no IC justification

ended up being given a generic model and had john just ICly strip naked for no reason after getting the cop body

Nebulae
john doe got crushed under a tree and needed a new body (truly a worm moment)
brought it to join
john did the worm

a little bit miff-inducing since it was literally a complete OOC sandbagging with no IC justification

ended up being given a generic model and had john just ICly strip naked for no reason after getting the cop body
oh that

yeah i saw that

I think the headcops not letting players take a COP body has been a thing for like- ever, since I have tried stripping a cops metrocop gear off them in odessa times when I initially was new to nebulous and got told the same thing, though i suppose that was under different HC standards. I guess we just arent allowed to steal cop uniforms even if it's us literally possessing their dead bodies because.. rogues or smth? I dunno. I wanna ask kiko or Ron

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
oh that

yeah i saw that

I think the headcops not letting players take a COP body has been a thing for like- ever, since I have tried stripping a cops metrocop gear off them in odessa times when I initially was new to nebulous and got told the same thing, though i suppose that was under different HC standards. I guess we just arent allowed to steal cop uniforms even if it's us literally possessing their dead bodies because.. rogues or smth? I dunno. I wanna ask kiko or Ron

cringe and bullshit

the more OOC bureaucracy the server has the more of a ballache it becomes to play because at any point some admin twat can just come in and invalidate all your RP because they go "well actually you had to ask me very nicely for permission first"

like fuck off tbh

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
because at any point some admin twat can just come in and invalidate all your RP because they go "well actually you had to ask me very nicely for permission first"

like fuck off tbh

The reverse is also true tbh. Its equally an absolutely massive ballache to have people do fairly major shit without letting anyone know, you find out after the fact and they hit you with "WELL WE'VE ALREADY RP'D IT". Which is cool and all but that doesn't suddenly make the issues you may not see (but now have to be dealt with somehow) magically vanish into thin air that could have been solved if the idea had been discussed a little first.

That's why voids used to be so common for a while.

Not saying that specifically to your situation, mind you, just in general.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

faction leaders through the ages really think they own the property and licensing rights to "Civil Protection Metropolice Half-Life 2™"
its a video game ur only "job" is to make sure ur faction has a good time

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
The reverse is also true tbh. Its equally an absolutely massive ballache to have people do fairly major shit without letting anyone know, you find out after the fact and they hit you with "WELL WE'VE ALREADY RP'D IT". Which is cool and all but that doesn't suddenly make the issues you may not see (but now have to be dealt with somehow) magically vanish into thin air that could have been solved if the idea had been discussed a little first.

That's why voids used to be so common for a while.

Not saying that specifically to your situation, mind you, just in general.

imo if people have the IC means to do something and RP it (assuming nothing is actually impossible to do within the RP like mega powergaming or just straight up self-DMing a scene) then it should be fair game

if someone actually genuinely snuck into the nexus and didnt get caught i dont want to see them get PKd out of nowhere because "ICly theres way more guards and you would've been caught" for example

i get rescinding something if someone just goes /me pulls out a RPG and they, yknow, dont have an RPG

but its when there's a complete OOC stopper on an IC action not because its an action you cant actually do but because its an action they've, idk, deemed OOCly problematic?
like i dont think rogue auths should be a thing
if everyone is going rogue there's IC issues in the faction thats making being a rebel more appealing to the cops within the faction