vhcvNlE.png

uRGp3iG.png

YPW1V3y.png

TXNwSwq.png

Last edited:

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
Honestly killing Nicole Reid aka Sydney Ashford aka DEFENDER-1 was probably one of the most rewarding RP experiences of all my time playing HL2RP.

For clarity, DEFENDER-1 was recruited into the OBC during Ashville by @maxi and at one point they were the only two OBC operatives in the entire Garrison before we got our shit back together. We had just wrapped up an event series I did were the OBC players were hunting for a traitor event character and D-1 was actually present for the event they finally caught her. Nobody was expecting @Ron to turn coat and it was a huge surprise.

We spent actual weeks hunting for her from the Alps all the way to Bucharest. During Agora we had a fucking sleeper agent in the resistance activated with the express purpose of finding and killing her but we had no such luck.

In the end, when me and @slick were driving around in a fucking Lorry in Bucharest trying to find an address for a delivery, a car crashed into our truck, we got out to confront the driver and it was @Toriwarior30055 playing like a Bucharest official and his fucking passenger was her, D-1, a traitor RL being driven around and shown property for rent. I had planned on starting shit with the driver for crashing but we scurried off as soon as we clocked it was her, waited for her to go into the apartment with Tori, scared him off and then shot her to bits. We didn't really roleplay it at the time because we were shit scared of toris character calling the Guard on us, but thankfully we went back and re-did the situation with @Ron so we could all get some really good rp from it.

I think my favourite twist from this was Nicole telling us she hadn't lost faith in the Order but in Transhumanism. Thats when we revealed to her that all our Transhuman fantacism was an act, in truth the OBC had been trying to harness the Vortessence for a long time, and we had succeeded in implanting that power in @slick (KING-8) and in the end, we killed her by having him blow her chest open with a surge of green magic.

So fucking real...

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
waited for her to go into the apartment with Tori, scared him off and then shot her to bits. We didn't really roleplay it at the time because we were shit scared of toris character calling the Guard on us, but thankfully we went back and re-did the situation with @Ron so we could all get some really good rp from it.
Ohey, I remember being on my Panthereye and walking in on you guys bailing out after the assassination, but timescale card was pulled, so I just wandered back up on the roof.
Edit: This is a very hazy recollection however, I'm sure others involved remember the whole ordeal better.

Last edited:

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Thats when we revealed to her that all our Transhuman fantacism was an act, in truth the OBC had been trying to harness the Vortessence for a long time, and we had succeeded in implanting that power in @slick (KING-8) and in the end, we killed her by having him blow her chest open with a surge of green magic.

I thought that was just a meme, sounds dope as fuck tbh

Reactions: List

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I thought that was just a meme, sounds dope as fuck tbh
back in Bucharest, right after Harland made his own technologically based Vortal Gauntlet rechargeable, there was a massive 'No Russian' massacre in the Bucharest hospital, the CP's did some casual terrorism. The full NG roster and resistance pin the cops in the hospital, and I suddenly see an officer, played by @slick do a massive fucking ground pound in a /me and killed a couple rebels.

Ten minutes later Harland and @slick's cop were alone in a hospital room having a fucking WWE smackdown match with Vortal Punches until the cops had to make a last second escape.

That was the highlight of season 2/3 for me.

It was also really cool to me because Slick's cop got the Vortessence by ingesting some kind of Vortal plant/parasite, whereas Harland developed his in his Lab, it felt like Nature vs Technology

Nebulae
back in Bucharest, right after Harland made his own technologically based Vortal Gauntlet rechargeable, there was a massive 'No Russian' massacre in the Bucharest hospital
still unadulterated perfection, nothing's come close to this single event and the following fallout. felt like a complete scumbag the entire time.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
because Slick's cop got the Vortessence by ingesting some kind of Vortal plant/parasite, whereas Harland developed his in his Lab, it felt like Nature vs Technology
Ten minutes later Harland and @slick's cop were alone in a hospital room having a fucking WWE smackdown match with Vortal Punches until the cops had to make a last second escape.
As the resident oldhead player of Vortigaunt faction, I approve of everything here.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I think the funniest thing about the hospital massacre was how the guard and rebels just kinda stood at the bottom while cops went floor-to-floor murdering everyone lmao

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
While the concept and majority of the OBC writing and vids was done by @PeaceAndMagick89 I think myself and @slick deserve a lot of credit for driving our server side ops from the Alps to Bucharest.

The hospital Mmassacre was my idea and I think was the peak of our terror wave despite some hiccups during the fact. And of course Slick did so much shit to drive the passive RP, run his own events and took initiative on the vort magic shit.

Fun fact If we had the will to keep going, thanks to the OBC we were gonna have Vortigaunt synths on the Combine side.

If anyone is interested for story purposes, we have been planning on running an OBC event on our own server as a beta test for the schema. While this is closed only for involved cops, we'll make an RP doc for neb that explains why the OBC disappeared from an IC perspective.