Serious HL2RP∞ Screenshot Thread

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I remember late teens me going absolutely bald with rage at this outcome, I'm pretty sure if I'd pulled it off the entirety of the ELA or whatever they were called would have been wiped on a senior level, I did still puncture multiple heavy hitters but it involved living in the sewers for a week before I could find an opportunity to parlay with the CAB cause the entire slum district was out to get me, I'd leave for two seconds and immediately find myself in a hand to hand situation with a bunch of generic's goons.
will never forget walking up to the interim ladder section and finding @slick, talked for five minutes about "the old days" only for him to walk off and him to tell me not to follow, then the gunshots started and kept going for the next fifteen minutes

I think you went through eight dudes in that skirmish alone, @mårten kept throwing bodies at you to the point your skill alone couldn't compensate with the amount of people swarming around, even then when I went to kill you about twenty people showed up and watched during that final fight.

BAF-Basterd war post the warehouse inferno was like watching you and @slick play Osama running out of Tora Bora to harass ISAF for five minutes then running for dear life to get back in and hide.

Reactions: List
Nebulae
God I still remember feeling awful watching so many people dogpile Roman Loaded on the forums, throwing shade at his 'attitude' and how 'hes trying to start shit for no reason'. knowing damn well he was a Ministry of Defense plant and was literally ordered to start shit between vorts and rebels.
This too sure I was blasting and PKing people left and right but DJ Badboy and his entire little arc going from a Jungle DJ for Powley's club to a genuine terrorist to sewage living outcast to race war instigator and war criminal was genuinely some of my best characterisation and roleplaying in terms of scale of its effects on the server's overall narrative.

Nebulae
will never forget walking up to the interim ladder section and finding @slick, talked for five minutes about "the old days" only for him to walk off and him to tell me not to follow, then the gunshots started and kept going for the next fifteen minutes

I think you went through eight dudes in that skirmish alone, @mårten kept throwing bodies at you to the point your skill alone couldn't compensate with the amount of people swarming around, even then when I went to kill you about twenty people showed up and watched during that final fight.

BAF-Basterd war post the warehouse inferno was like watching you and @slick play Osama running out of Tora Bora to harass ISAF for five minutes then running for dear life to get back in and hide.
half the server roster crammed into a literal 3x3 meter stairwell, actual firing squad, I had probably ten guns on me and I was still going bald with rage trying to roleplay an escape route for myself cause I'd literally been catching fades for a full twenty minutes prior to that, planted the bomb AND ordered the prior air raid on the base.

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
IMG_1780.png

just woke up to this beautiful snapchat from @Trains If no one hears from him I think we should check his data file and make sure he transferred cities safely
The fact that this man also ate an IRL ration has me convinced he’s just HL2 LARPing at this point

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
Thinking back to the actual teleport into Bucharest it's amusing how on brand the whole undercover stuff was for the OBC, but not for any of the actual OBC characters we had at the time.

I mean we spent the entire iteration ranting and raving about how much we objectively despise every single person who didn't identify with us and how we'd never associate with them for any reason and then we're teleported into the middle of an actual city.

I remember literally asking @slick's cop KING-8 on my own KING-2 like "what the fuck are we supposed to do? Pretend we're all buddy-buddy for the next few months like we haven't been fighting these degenerates for years?" and then like

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
the most enjoyment I got out of this iteration was gateway garage

best fun I had on gmod since joseon probably

Nebulae
Thinking back to the actual teleport into Bucharest it's amusing how on brand the whole undercover stuff was for the OBC, but not for any of the actual OBC characters we had at the time.

I mean we spent the entire iteration ranting and raving about how much we objectively despise every single person who didn't identify with us and how we'd never associate with them for any reason and then we're teleported into the middle of an actual city.

I remember literally asking @slick's cop KING-8 on my own KING-2 like "what the fuck are we supposed to do? Pretend we're all buddy-buddy for the next few months like we haven't been fighting these degenerates for years?" and then like

reminder that "teleport" here is used literally and we did in fact, teleport an entire garrison of combine past the free state's defenses. 4-6 months of setting up the kingpin as having biological teleport abilities combine sought after just to bring a bunch of them around for ineu finale

3BC86E9AB8BF82FE1B2DA101BF31FA50986D7E17

Screen_Shot_2019-05-15_at_2.10.24_PM_copy.jpg

the council will decide your next location.

shame they were never used again, to my knowledge anyway

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
reminder that "teleport" here is used literally and we did in fact, teleport an entire garrison of combine past the free state's defenses. 4-6 months of setting up the kingpin as having biological teleport abilities combine sought after just to bring a bunch of them around for ineu finale
free teleport hijackings are a CMB psyop

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
even then when I went to kill you about twenty people showed up and watched during that final fight.

That PK appeal was definately the lowest point of the entire conflict for me, given the accusations of metagame and bias and people jumping out of the woodwork to try and justify S2King in an S2RP situation where nobody consented to it (and funnily enough the only people trying to support it were the players behind the CAB members involved with DJ IC).

But the situation as a whole was pretty cool tbh? There wasn't remotely any metagame in me stumbling on Roman; I only found out because @Subeh (I think) said he'd seen him and I needed to go that way to get some headcrab meat.

Revanox

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
I get this same adrenaline rush now when I run events with cinematic sequences or shit like that
It's so stupid I hate it it's just a videogame raaaghh
Same, even though I have the overkill method of automating some sequences with my Streamdeck, that shit still is thrilling as fuck, never knowing if -something- fucks up, that creeping feeling of "is this the right timing", is this the right command?

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
you guys had an RT camera watching the front entrance the whole time??????????

holy fucking shit i have to kill you now

we roleplayed them all the time including the one indoors being broken (it actually wasn't broken, genjo just couldnt figure out where the file directory was located)
i think thats the only time an actual rt was set up though

Aspect™

Proton
Nebulae
Same, even though I have the overkill method of automating some sequences with my Streamdeck, that shit still is thrilling as fuck, never knowing if -something- fucks up, that creeping feeling of "is this the right timing", is this the right command?
Exactly. No matter how many times I test-run shit, I'll never be certain when it comes time for the real thing.