Serious HL2RP∞ Screenshot Thread

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
imagine if Barney Halflife was lynched by a mob cause he was involved in black mesa and is also a cp
My man really got away with all kinds of shit in the first fifteen minutes of HL2:
-Picked up a miscount and then tossed him out of the interrogation room, and Combine didn't pick up on this until several minutes later
-Opened comms with a rebel contact while using Combine equipment without Combine ever finding it out
-Hung around the last known location of the miscount - where a squad's worth of metrocops had been taken down - all alone with barely any hurry to return to his shift
Could you imagine anything remotely like this happening in neb's history? I sure as heck couldn't.

Reactions: List

Toriwarior30055

I am Santa Claus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
My man really got away with all kinds of shit in the first fifteen minutes of HL2:
-Picked up a miscount and then tossed him out of the interrogation room, and Combine didn't pick up on this until several minutes later
-Opened comms with a rebel contact while using Combine equipment without Combine ever finding it out
-Hung around the last known location of the miscount - where a squad's worth of metrocops had been taken down - all alone with barely any hurry to return to his shift
Could you imagine anything remotely like this happening in neb's history? I sure as heck couldn't.
I would’ve metagammed and Pk’d him so fast.

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
tbh to close this iteration off we should just recruit a completely random player from a sandbox server with a default name like "Garry's Mod", that we disable all roleplay for, give a crowbar and tell him he's playtesting a new hl2 campaign

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
looking back its fucking hilarious that the people that would torture, have harems, bomb hospitals and murder people daily were COMPLETELY against drugs

make it make sense
@The Red Devil tried for ages to sell drugs to the resistance last iteration. He even tried explaining OOCly that the Heroin script gives you a huge stamina boost but nobody was buying.

Really hate the double standards shit across HL2RP man.

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
@The Red Devil tried for ages to sell drugs to the resistance last iteration. He even tried explaining OOCly that the Heroin script gives you a huge stamina boost but nobody was buying.

heroin giving stamina boost is so backwards lol

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
stay woke.

kMMGp4h.png

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

I think its just the community stigma. Nobody wants to be "the guy who can't RP drug addiction in a way that isn't cringe" and downing drug scripts purely for the OOC gains is equally frowned upon.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I think its just the community stigma. Nobody wants to be "the guy who can't RP drug addiction in a way that isn't cringe" and downing drug scripts purely for the OOC gains is equally frowned upon.

people will dogpile on RP they find cringe no matter how well-done it is

drug addiction
suicidal ideation
mental health
roleplaying as children full stop
any romance or intimacy

back when we were all 15 and thought these things were "too mature for anyone to roleplay to an adequate level" it was somewhat justifiable
now we're all in our 20's and have been roleplaying and writing stories for almost 10 years apiece

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
suicidal ideation
Whenever I think about HL2RP suicide my mind is always drawn to an account I read of a some femchar like tearfully shopping off of a building and falling to a crushing death and their last words were literally like "goodbye dick 😿"

le cumbrain suicide

Flop

Secret dingus man
Nebulae
even if gordon somehow got away with it, Barney would be killed right in that train station, with no hesitation

Blitz0012

Proton
Nebulae
bet your ket it's the first one. handing space nazi stripes to psychosocially broken children, we should not be surprised by the results.
Honestly, given Alyx could wipe like 5 cops by sneaking up on them, I wouldn't be surprised.

I also wonder how much of the tech we give to the CPs works as intended in lore.

Flop

Secret dingus man
Nebulae
Either the effectiveness of Civil Protection is way exaggerated in HL2RP or Barney has a 19 in both Charisma and Deception.
probably the latter. There is probably some FORM of system but most likely not as in-depth