Serious Homebrew Consoles (What's yours look like?)

NaughtyDoodz

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Right now, I've got a 2DS that's from awhile ago. I got it homebrewed, and I got a lot of stuff on it.

Root from the SD card
jlRSlf7.png

Home Menu
xnPELRj.png
rBtBTgx.png

If you are going to/ already have homebrewed your console, I recommend this FTP server that runs on a 3DS. https://github.com/mtheall/ftpd

Anyway, what does your consoles that are homebrewed look like, and what should I put on my 3DS?

Reactions: List

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Right now, I've got a 2DS that's from awhile ago. I got it homebrewed, and I got a lot of stuff on it.

Root from the SD card
jlRSlf7.png

Home Menu
xnPELRj.png
rBtBTgx.png

If you are going to/ already have homebrewed your console, I recommend this FTP server that runs on a 3DS. https://github.com/mtheall/ftpd

Anyway, what does your consoles that are homebrewed look like, and what should I put on my 3DS?

Currently have my 3ds homebrewed and my Switch homebrewed, I don't have any screenshots right now but I put a nice Zelda background on my switch although I left my Nintendo 3ds mostly same theme.

Thinking of buying an old PS4 to homebrew it as well, and very excited to learn more about the PS5 capability of homebrew, I think it could be amazing
[doublepost=1612287797][/doublepost]However, I can share my switch folder in where I run my test and begin the process to start it on and inject the payload in

unknown.png

NaughtyDoodz

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Currently have my 3ds homebrewed and my Switch homebrewed, I don't have any screenshots right now but I put a nice Zelda background on my switch although I left my Nintendo 3ds mostly same theme.

Thinking of buying an old PS4 to homebrew it as well, and very excited to learn more about the PS5 capability of homebrew, I think it could be amazing
[doublepost=1612287797][/doublepost]However, I can share my switch folder in where I run my test and begin the process to start it on and inject the payload in

unknown.png
Never pulled off switch hacking, since mine is a newer one with that new chip? I don't remember the name of it, but I can't hack it yet. Been waiting for it, though. What's that zadig and nut .exe do? Also, what can you mod on a switch, like how's emulation with idk, PS1/PS2 games?
[doublepost=1612289428][/doublepost]

unknown.png
Another thing, that FTP server that I posted above works on switch, too! I think it would be good for loading up games without having to plug it in the pc.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Never pulled off switch hacking, since mine is a newer one with that new chip? I don't remember the name of it, but I can't hack it yet. Been waiting for it, though. What's that zadig and nut .exe do? Also, what can you mod on a switch, like how's emulation with idk, PS1/PS2 games?
[doublepost=1612289428][/doublepost]
Another thing, that FTP server that I posted above works on switch, too! I think it would be good for loading up games without having to plug it in the pc.

Well nut and zadig are used to make sure your PC recognizes the switch has a driver, so that it allows for files to be uploaded to it, hence where we use the payload, only downsize of the switch hacking is that if it ever turns off (like power off not sleep) you have to re-inject the payload inside and jig it.

Emulation is pretty good, you can play gamecube nes all the stuff Nintendo is "adding" to the switch with Nintendo online. I haven't tried emulating PS games yet but I think you can as well.

And yeah to hack a switch it requires it to be one of the first, I bought mine day 1 so I had no problem but as soon as Nintendo saw piracy all new switches became anti-homebrew. But perhaps it will be able to be broken again, a homebrew switch is a pretty amazing device, only downside is that be careful when using it, I have my switch in airplane mode for years now and also made sure it can't connect to the internet cause Nintendo MAY ban you just for having it homebrew. But its a low risk

NaughtyDoodz

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Well nut and zadig are used to make sure your PC recognizes the switch has a driver, so that it allows for files to be uploaded to it, hence where we use the payload, only downsize of the switch hacking is that if it ever turns off (like power off not sleep) you have to re-inject the payload inside and jig it.

Emulation is pretty good, you can play gamecube nes all the stuff Nintendo is "adding" to the switch with Nintendo online. I haven't tried emulating PS games yet but I think you can as well.

And yeah to hack a switch it requires it to be one of the first, I bought mine day 1 so I had no problem but as soon as Nintendo saw piracy all new switches became anti-homebrew. But perhaps it will be able to be broken again, a homebrew switch is a pretty amazing device, only downside is that be careful when using it, I have my switch in airplane mode for years now and also made sure it can't connect to the internet cause Nintendo MAY ban you just for having it homebrew. But its a low risk
Can't get the server thing down? I remember with wiiu/3ds you could set something in wifi options (proxy?) to make it where you don't connect to nintendo, but you still get internet.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Can't get the server thing down? I remember with wiiu/3ds you could set something in wifi options (proxy?) to make it where you don't connect to nintendo, but you still get internet.

Yeah a DSS type of thing, it is also set up, but I try not to risk it just in case since I really don't use the internet on the switch and also any console update would probably fuck the firmware which is why I don't update unless I need to.

NaughtyDoodz

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Yeah a DSS type of thing, it is also set up, but I try not to risk it just in case since I really don't use the internet on the switch and also any console update would probably fuck the firmware which is why I don't update unless I need to.
Yeah, it's better to do that then to risk it.
Did you have to solder? Alot of people have done that for the switch, or something you have to buy for it to get hacked.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Yeah, it's better to do that then to risk it.
Did you have to solder? Alot of people have done that for the switch, or something you have to buy for it to get hacked.

Just a little jig

IMG_2915.jpg

although you could do it with just a paper clip, I tried to do it but I wasn't very good at it so I just bought the clip it was like $3-4 and it came in a week or so, very easy to use works fine also nice case!

There are some other methods like the tinfoil method but this is the easiest one

NaughtyDoodz

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Just a little jig

IMG_2915.jpg

although you could do it with just a paper clip, I tried to do it but I wasn't very good at it so I just bought the clip it was like $3-4 and it came in a week or so, very easy to use works fine also nice case!

There are some other methods like the tinfoil method but this is the easiest one
LOL tinfoil method? that sounds scary.

Reactions: List

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
i have an og switch which i think can be homebrewed but i havent got around to it