homestuck is back

TheInnkeeper

Fear the Old Blood
Premium Member
Nebulae
last night homestuck^2 was updated and rebranded as homestuck: beyond canon

james roach, the guy behind [most] of the hiveswap, pesterquest, and some late actual webcomic music, is the team lead. there's an entirely new team, mostly people from the comic's past and some people active in the community.

i only got into reading it this year so having the opportunity to participate in new updates is pretty fucking stellar.

i do not care if you think i am cringe i own this shit im karkalicious.

here's the news page. this also came with about two dozen brand new pages, faithful artstyle, some actually funny dialogue.

Homestuck 2 News
or if you literally physically cannot be bothered to click it, here it is in an image.

image.png

shit's pretty fucking stellar, especially since james roach was answering questions on tumblr basically all night last night. 90% of them were jokes which is how anything related to this fucking comic should be

anyway heres my karkat cosplay hope you all have a lovely day

p.s the horns arent here yet

image.png

Reactions: List

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
jesus christ another twenty years of seeing grey teenagers at conventions

this reeks to high heavens of a lot of potential problems though, i've seen way too many times 'people i trust' turn into dramatic messes that cave-in on themselves
will be watching from my 'i am better than everyone else and my taste is superior to yours' throne though so that i can say 'i told you so' if it fails (i never told anyone so)

hopefully it at least retains some level of soul that homestuck originally did, at least sticking back to flash would be absolutely the move to make to keep things feeling similar and such

but if im being real sticking mention of products you plan to sell (which will sell instantly, let's be honest it's homestuck) in the same announcement post is ehhhhhhhhh should've been its own announcement
meep merp i guess, time to wait and see (i will never read it)

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
just gonna quickly acknowledge my old teenage obsession ive been trying to cover up for six years and then move on.

it felt so surreal hearing that it had updated after almost 3 years of nothing, i was sorta convinced that it was dead and forever unfinished after that whole debacle with the lawsuit threat and everything.

i never bothered to continue reading the followup after getting burnt out by whatever the hell the epilogues were.

best of luck though

at least sticking back to flash would be absolutely the move to make to keep things feeling similar and such
Boy do i have some bad news for you

TheInnkeeper

Fear the Old Blood
Premium Member
Nebulae
hopefully it at least retains some level of soul that homestuck originally did, at least sticking back to flash would be absolutely the move to make to keep things feeling similar and such
having read the new update pages it feels like it
sollux is gaming and john is the bitches.

Reactions: List