• Thread starter Deleted member 1405
  • Start date

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Steam Name?
First had Toedeli, which was my tag for many years. My uncle called me "Tödeli" when I was younger, the name stuck until like one or two years back. Eventually I realized that "toes" might lead to suspicious thoughts about me, so I was looking for a new one.

At that time, I started playing lots of Arma 3 and formed my own community of Zeus and discussing campaign stuff. I loved CTRG, some black ops SOG led by a guy called Miller who I also loved the shit out of. Couldn't use that name, because it'd seem generic. Another member in his team was called Northgate, which I actually found very cool - no real presence in the story, but I nicked his name and no one seemed to care since no one knew him anyways.

I like it, since it's easy to remember, English and people can just call me North for short.

Character Name?

I really just look up names, it usually takes me a lot of time though. Although often, I look up bibeo bames I like for character name references.

Backstories?

I'm usually very careful with my backstories, and only try to go for backstories about things I actually know stuff about. This is why I've mostly only played on Patrick Majerus, my firefighter character, since I can actually apply my knowledge here and don't have to worry about doing bad roleplay.

I know it's odd since roleplay is always simplified, so I don't need in-depth knowledge of everything and everyone. But since I'm also limited in English, I'm just not ready to take that step yet.

Another thing I noticed is how I can never play an outright evil character who tries to do something for his personal gain. It's also why I'm hanging with the Union on most of my characters, since while they're the antagonists in HL2, I like to play as a guy to roleplay with others.

Nick

OK DOING
Nebulae
1. Steam Name?
It's Nick now. There's been some good guesses as to why, but no, I'm not called Nick in real life and no I didn't just pick a random ass name off the bat.

Basically, back when I was younger (too young to make a steam account of my own), I was borrowing the account of my uncle which he had made a while back. He had given it the name "nikkipe69" which might look bad, but there was a method to it, trust me. The name was actually just: shortened last name, shortened forename and year of birth.

Now, I figured out later that neither nikkipe nor 69 would cut it, so I just shortened the name to what people around the community I was playing in at the time were already calling me; "Nick".

Then it just stuck. It might be generic, but it gets the job done.
2. Character Name?
I do a mix of random generation, picking them on my own and adapting from movies and real life events.

I never use full character names mind you, I just grab a first and last name I think fits and go with it.

Sometimes I get eerily close to characters from media without even knowing it, I had never played or watched RDR 2 before, and only found out that the name Arthur Morrigan was very similar to Arthur Morgan, the RDR 2 character.
3. Backstories?
I like to think as I go. I don't really like designing every little tidbit from the start, because I find that it limits the feeling of discovery. If I get into a situation where I have to or can include something about the character's story or experiences, I'll figure it out on the spot. I find that to be the most fun and flexible way to play.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I went through XDSAce, TheGrimReaper and for now have settled on pyromaniac on the account of me liking fire and how it sounds. Think it'll prolly remain Pyro/Pyromaniac as that's the name I've joined a couple communities with now so it holds more weight of sorts in terms of relations.

maxi

maxiboy
Nebulae
1)
max I’m a boy

2)
idk I think or use names I like often from films

3)
Uhhhhh I make it up or just get it from literature

Izumi Ito was supposed to be a female version of Asimov’s Hari Seldon, but with a greater emphasis on order and aggressive tactics than Seldon

chronos

Molecule
Nebulae
1)
max I’m a boy

2)
idk I think or use names I like often from films

3)
Uhhhhh I make it up or just get it from literature

Izumi Ito was supposed to be a female version of Asimov’s Hari Seldon, but with a greater emphasis on order and aggressive tactics than Seldon
should be maxtory instead

Reactions: List

FMDev

Funny SCP Lady
Nebulae
1. Steam Name?
walter casting agi on minotaur is a reference to the iconic moment in smt4 where tagalong party member that you can't control Walter can cast Agi, a fire spell, on a boss fight who's resistant to it, which causes him to fuck you up hard.
2. Character Name?
I look up common names and mash them together lol.
3. Backstories?
I do things and then retroactively write a story to justify them. I am the most powerful writer on planet earth. Nobody can stop me.

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
1. first game I ever played was Mortal Kombat 4 on the Sega Dreamcast. I was 6 years old. Raiden was my favourite character because you could easily spam one move and win everytime.

2. Ziggy - because my bus driver from secondary school was a bald polish man nicknamed 'Ziggy' and a lot of this characters ... "strangeness" ... comes from his rants and raves whilst driving a bunch of kids to school

3. Like ziggy - most my backstories come from random people I've met in life. I also like referencing book characters - Senator Emmett Holland was originally an attempt to emulate Atticus Finch but instead of racial discrimination it was about vorts (lol)
[doublepost=1621977660][/doublepost]
should be maxtory instead
(c)h(r)o(n)o(s)mosexual

Reactions: List

A. Vaher

I make events of varying quality
HL2 RP Administrator
Premium Member
Nebulae
1. Steam Name:
One day, I was pissing around on TF2 with the lads, and we all named ourselves 'Rat something'. I chose the name rat king, and eventually just thought up 'Fuuron, The Rat King'. I change it from time to time, like to 'hhh,' 'demoman tf2,' 'the swarm,' those are all from my antics on TF2.

2. Character Name:

So, Felix Vassiljev and Anna Vaher are my only characters so far. Making character names is simple: Just use a name you like. Easy.

3. Backstories:

I tried having a set backstory on Felix, but that restricted me, so on Anna, I'm letting myself roam free and do whatever I feel like, which resulted in me sweep-kicking some poor volunteer. Movies teach.

BONUS DUCKS:
Fun story about my custom ID. Some years back, I was playing deeeeep.io with the lads, and I got the amazing idea to host a cooking show as a duck, so I chose Quak's Cooking. Simple as that.
My favourite episode of Quak's Cooking is when I was making roasted duck and the cameraman pulled out an Uzi and killed half of the staff.

Rod

remove bias
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
1. Steam Name?
short version of rodrigo that also means penis. excellent.
2. Character Name?
i use song titles or mix up names of famous musicians. latest example