Serious How do I replace a psu

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
Gamers. I had a pretty shit power supply which didn't have a 6pin for my gpu. So I got a new one and attempted to install it. The shit fits and I plugged in everthing and all however it just doesn't want to turn on. All it does is a weird noise and does nothing.

PqwYQO4h.jpg

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Disconnect all points of contact from your power supply to anything tangible on the computer, and clean all the leads/cords (AFTER the power has been disconnected) while checking for irregularities. Also, check to see whether it's the appropriate output. If there's no sign of external damage and it doesn't have issues with actually tapping into the main power you may want to seek a replacement unit.

Reactions: List

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
Disconnect all points of contact from your power supply to anything tangible on the computer, and clean all the leads/cords (AFTER the power has been disconnected) while checking for irregularities. Also, check to see whether it's the appropriate output. If there's no sign of external damage and it doesn't have issues with actually tapping into the main power you may want to seek a replacement unit.
I believe the power supply itself is just fucked. Nothing is wrong with the cables, nothing is wrong with the power source, nothing wrong with any of that. It's just the power supply decides not to do anything.

Gonna see if it's still got warranty. Thanks anyways :D

Reactions: List