Hunting/Fishing/Trapping Thread

Benjideaula

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Hi, as a quick disclaimer this isn't a discussion on the morality of hunting/fishing/trapping nor any of it's connections to any political or industrial parties, if it were, I'd be making this on the Current Affairs section. This is just for people who want to share stories or pictures from their various hunting/fishing trips, as well as various discussions about the sport in general (that isnt related to the above disclaimer). Or alternatively for sharing interesting videos from other people.

So just to kick things off, I'd like to talk about the first time I ever caught anything when I was out fishing.
First time I ever caught anything fishing was at a pond in an RV park in Arizona. My Dad, my brothers, and I were all fishing by the lake, I was hoping that this would finally be the day that I actually catch something, because I never went fishing often, and the times I did I never caught anything at all. Turns out lady luck granted my wish, and I felt something tugging on my bait, my bait of choice by the way was a nightworm that was attached to one of those green lures with the hairy tail thing. Anyways, when I reeled it in, it was a crayfish, a rather large one to be exact. I was so ecstatic, I didn't even care if it wasnt an actual fish, I still caught something. We all kept fishing and between all of us we caught about 40 of them. Strange thing is that a lot of people who were native to the area just threw them away, in fact there were dumpsters full of live crayfish in designated crayfish trash cans. Now me being from the south, where crayfish is a delicacy, we were all in shock because of all that food going to waste. So we took the crayfish that we caught and boiled them in salt water back in our RV. They tasted so good, like a cross between shrimp and crab. Later days we caught some more, but never that huge amount again.

Reactions: List