I made an addon - VJ Synth NPC's

leonjosland

Neutrino
Nebulae
Dunno if this belongs in this thread, but I made this addon a while back to appease my synth lore fascination

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1358179694

C7949843C360EC2E785542C908750B726326449A

My probably inaccurate (to lore) description: They are synthetic organisms likely, at one point, an entirely different species but weaponized by the Combine. They are not wholly canon but were likely a part of the invading ground forces during The Seven Hour War. Due to being partially mechanical they possess laser-like precision with a pulse rifle and lack any concept of fear or danger. Surrounding their internals are a hard exoskeleton or combat chassis (similiar to the armor of a strider or gunship but a weaker variant) that is resistant to any form of poison, radiation, acidic corrosion or sources of open flames. Their synthetic carapace makes them highly bullet-resistant, but not completely bullet-proof or shock proof as enough kinetic energy could easily disrupt their internal cognition. Stealth is also an unintended, yet useful, design of their mechanical anatomy. Their foot structure allows them to cross most types of terrain without making much noise. They are able to verbally command the transhuman based ground forces, but when only other synths are present they wirelessly communicate using bluetooth-like subroutines instead. This makes them enigmatic, order-driven killing machines. Their only flaw is that they are unable to make human-like decisions which would sometimes hinder their combat effectiveness; therefore they are mostly unseen and the Combine only use them during covert operations or missions that require major firepower.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

TheMetrocop

Neutrino
Nebulae
No problem, I think it captures the feel of the synths I would think they would act/look like

leonjosland

Neutrino
Nebulae
No problem, I think it captures the feel of the synths I would think they would act/look like
Yeah, that's what I was going for. I've seen another similar synth mod which had no walking and death noises and they would bleed human blood when shot lmao