HL2RP Implement Optics/Attachments for guns that do not have anything but Iron sights. (Also make Backpacks have a wearable model :) )

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Suggestion: Currently the Rebels don't have any long-range capabilities when it comes to personal firearms. The Combine have a Sniper Rifle and suit zoom to spy us from afar. Allow the rebels something to Even the Odds a little by allowing attachments to be a separate thing you can trade/purchase and obtain for your weapons to truly allow for customization and uniquity.

Why it would be worth adding: Diversity and customization and It's also deadly should the Cops and Combine get a hold of these weapons and attachments. Also having backpacks on our backs looks cool too but you should make it a Settings menu thing too that can be enabled/disabled if people don't want them drawing on their character. Similar to how hats are.

Necessary content: Utilize the already large amount of attachments we have in the TFA Pack. I'm not sure if this is something Pyro already has planned for the weapons he's implemented, if so, please do it!!!!! It's difficult using the likes of a Long-range rifle without any scope.

CAyTtre.png
Model for regular backpack
AeXjxd1.png

Model for the Travelling Backpack for wearable :)
iIju18J.png

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
Correct me if i'm wrong but you can add attachments to the ak 103 and the g3? or is that incorrect

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
Correct me if i'm wrong but you can add attachments to the ak 103 and the g3? or is that incorrect
The attachment menu is disabled because people discovered they can give themselves infinite ammo grenade launchers with the 103, but it does indeed have a wide array of optics to choose from

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
the only weapons that need more than a red-dot are the bolt action rifles

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
Personally I don't like attachments, because you start going into ww3rp era of 'meta' attachments, where you're at a significant disadvantage if you don't use them, since TF:A attachments are usually just a buff with little to no downsides. And then rebels will complain when combine inevitably get unlimited access to said attachments, it's bad enough with weapons/ammo/equipment.

On top of all that, you also need to contend with the idea that optics are not made equal and cannot be used on every weapon (less they look goofy). Most WW2 Era weapons are shit outta luck, AK's, MP5's and most other similar weapons lack a rail to even mount optics and need some form of external mount - which for some, may not even be modeled.