Suggestion Implement the Chainsaw (HL2RP²)

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Suggestion:
Implement the chainsaw that's still sitting in the server content, unused.
Both w_ and v_ models exist for it, all that's needed is rudimentary developer implementation.

Perhaps a gas item for ammo (and it would be nice to have this regardless, as people have been using custom item scripts for gas cans right now).

Why it would be worth adding:
It's a chainsaw.

Perfect for cutting down trees, hordes of bluesuits, or to match your homicidal lumberjack Halloween costume.
We're also in the middle of a forest and this would be great for event fodder.

XCDGQJV.jpeg

Necessary content:
N/A, it's already in the server content.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Before anyone asks, it's still in the content and confirmed it by briefly spawning in the worldmodel with PET.

EXODITE.XXX

I s2k with fists
Nebulae
At least one femchar will be made to use a DDR machine at chainsaw-point. Mark my words.

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae
tenor.png

this shit is ancient and has only been in the content because they just copy pasted nmrih melee pack for the most part when they moved to helix/tfa

the original tfa nmrih melee pack is from 2015 and idk if it works too well anymore, iirc the chainsaw was always a terrible hitreg piece of shit but if the model's already in the content and if it's the same as the melee pack's one i don't see much harm in just throwing a script and pac model together alongside a swep and popping it on server lol

currently working on other weapon stuff at the minute though so don't expect it to be done extremely fast incredible speed

Reactions: List

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
bumping this as it's 10 mins worth of work and the server is going to be down in dev mode for a week in the near future.

Pyromancer

Nebulae
bumping this as it's 10 mins worth of work and the server is going to be down in dev mode for a week in the near future.
teh96b.png

fuck you, fine

i played with the stats a little like you said all the content is already there i changed literally nothing path wise in the code lol

Nebulae
just make sure the volume of the chainsaw being fired is on the maximum gmod can possibly handle,
so you could hear it from the other side of the map

like some clockwork iteration chainlink fence door, or when someone eats a bullet

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
teh96b.png

fuck you, fine

i played with the stats a little like you said all the content is already there i changed literally nothing path wise in the code lol
Song?

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Only if it has infinite ammo whenever a vortigaunt wields one.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
really sorry but the song he was listening to no longer exists on the internet and all physical copies of it existed only in bosnia and they were destroyed in the NATO bombings in the 90s.
shazam also has no recognition of the song as it was wiped from the database by a spiteful hacker. only a few people had heard of it beforehand anyway and im pretty sure they all lack internet access, so the chances of pyro being able to provide you with the song are very low because im also pretty sure he was on one of those one-time listen-and-skip things that you get sometimes like a glitch

sorry man

Pyromancer

Nebulae

really sorry but the song he was listening to no longer exists on the internet and all physical copies of it existed only in bosnia and they were destroyed in the NATO bombings in the 90s.
shazam also has no recognition of the song as it was wiped from the database by a spiteful hacker. only a few people had heard of it beforehand anyway and im pretty sure they all lack internet access, so the chances of pyro being able to provide you with the song are very low because im also pretty sure he was on one of those one-time listen-and-skip things that you get sometimes like a glitch

sorry man

u right

Nebulae
Only if it has infinite ammo whenever a vortigaunt wields one.
nah man
what stops u from equipping ur chainsaw and just mowing down zongie npcs?

chainsaw fuel economy is now a thing, if it becomes a thing it has to have its uses and its scarcity in use

Pyromancer

Nebulae
nah man
what stops u from equipping ur chainsaw and just mowing down zongie npcs?

chainsaw fuel economy is now a thing, if it becomes a thing it has to have its uses and its scarcity in use
the chainsaw uses a fuel ammotype as it stands

the chainsaw being turnt on slowly burns it, and then sawing uses it much faster

nothing is final this shit is just in sandbox at the minute