remove bias
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
@'77 East for mass murder
played:
FAL rooftop rifleman who died pretty much immediately because I wanted to see if my body would ragdoll down to the canal (it did)
one of the cops who died to the mortar attack
emplacement gunner / gene-splicer
apartment shotgunner
DEFENDER-11

also did a bunch of /it's & /itd's for people but had to stop as the action heated up

sorry for killing the majority of the players (3) but oh well...

Reactions: List

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
The whole event, but especially the unceremonious deaths of Leo and Sloan, had major Reach vibes. It wasn't needlessly dark. It was just ... bleak, in the best way possible. And it reached me in a place emotionally I haven't been in a long time. And frankly, I couldn't have asked for a more apropos end to the character.

Incidentally, as I mentioned to @Appetite Ruining Kebab, VICE-5 took a coinflip as ROLLER-9's guys were moving to the alleyway. I GMrolled it and it landed on tails. His luck finally ran out.

Tight action. Impeccable music choice. Some of the best pacing I've seen in an event. And a grounded sense of despair that hung over the entire story.

Easy 11/10.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
A truly spectacular event. I have no complaints, but rather, I just want to express my heartfelt gratitude for being able to participate and give a genuine sendoff to my former cop character. There's a lot of screenshots for me to sift through, but here's a couple close to me.
image.png

image.png

rob

Nebulae
A truly spectacular event. I have no complaints, but rather, I just want to express my heartfelt gratitude for being able to participate and give a genuine sendoff to my former cop character. There's a lot of screenshots for me to sift through, but here's a couple close to me.
image.png

image.png
My highlight from the event was definitely watching you miss the conveniently placed AT-4 by your feet multiple times

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
My highlight from the event was definitely watching you miss the conveniently placed AT-4 by your feet multiple times
By the time I actually saw it, I genuinely thought someone spawned it in lmao, that's how little I noticed it at first.

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Another great Rod event.

Played as RL ROLLER-9, Truck Roof Rebel, Rebel who turned around to see a whole PT looking at him, Rebel who begged for his life to not be killed, and a PHASE-2 OTA at the very end.

I loved the event's premise, the whole build up to everyone escaping by the skin of their teeth was amazing.

The player's path could definitely use a bit more fool-proofing so people are less inclined to try and climb and vault everything. A couple of issues were results of the crash, so it's a little hard to avoid in that case.

The moment I was randomly picked to be an RL for some PT that the players would find, I knew I was going to have fun with it. I wished ROLLER-9 could've lived longer but I think the VERY sudden, and gruesome death of the PT right after they had made connections to the player's group was fantastic.

The sheer brutality and insanity that came from the player's group (ESPECIALLY ARK, fucking psychopath) really got me immersed into the whole setting. It's basically over for the Combine, but they're all still desperate to get the hell out of dodge.

The ending was really nice. Everyone slowly coming to the realization that there's no evac, no matter how much ZEPHYR-6 coped, and so they sat and waited for the Citadel to do its thing. Embracing death. The end of the Combine.

There's nothing but blinding light for our cast.

Followed only by

UTTER DARKNESS

Gyarik

gu
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I loved being the indirect cause of the server crash (it was actually @john 's fault for shooting the RPG don't listen to the lies)

Despite the obvious technical difficulties and behind the scenes issues, I had fun helping out with characters and stuff, the final moments were definitely my personal highlight.

Only thing I'd like to see in the future is fool-proofing the event, both in a literal sense (blud will NOT use a TFA RPG against the gunship no more) and ensuring players have a clearer idea of where to go/what to do, just to make the flow more consistent. I'm not saying either were a letdown or anything like that, just a nitpick :)

rod rob better hit me up next time to crash another event

contained postal dude

returned, for real this time
Nebulae
Another great Rod event.

Played as RL ROLLER-9, Truck Roof Rebel, Rebel who turned around to see a whole PT looking at him, Rebel who begged for his life to not be killed, and a PHASE-2 OTA at the very end.

I loved the event's premise, the whole build up to everyone escaping by the skin of their teeth was amazing.

The player's path could definitely use a bit more fool-proofing so people are less inclined to try and climb and vault everything. A couple of issues were results of the crash, so it's a little hard to avoid in that case.

The moment I was randomly picked to be an RL for some PT that the players would find, I knew I was going to have fun with it. I wished ROLLER-9 could've lived longer but I think the VERY sudden, and gruesome death of the PT right after they had made connections to the player's group was fantastic.

The sheer brutality and insanity that came from the player's group (ESPECIALLY ARK, fucking psychopath) really got me immersed into the whole setting. It's basically over for the Combine, but they're all still desperate to get the hell out of dodge.

The ending was really nice. Everyone slowly coming to the realization that there's no evac, no matter how much ZEPHYR-6 coped, and so they sat and waited for the Citadel to do its thing. Embracing death. The end of the Combine.

There's nothing but blinding light for our cast.

Followed only by

UTTER DARKNESS
I was literally going to say something about betting you guys would all die when you walked out there, and then it happened. Had a really great time with the event overall, and while I wished I could have lived to the end, it really added to it as the group was slowly whittled away as they advanced. And in the end, it didn't matter which of them lived or died anyway- it was over before it began. Great event @Rod , would love to participate in another as either a player or an actor. Eager to see what's next.

Nebulae

F8578B99E9F00F0E4E5844A171BA4E0DD08570F1

this was nice. very nice. i appreciated (for the second time this iteration) the opportunity to get back into the character i method acted the fuck out of back in 2020 (guys i am NOT a psychopath i SWEAR) as well as the opportunity to witness a much more rewarding closure to @OneClassyBanana 's character than the one that had been dealt to us back in the day; every single interaction i had with him was a treasure trove of nostalgia and the mutual effort we put into dialing the clock back 3 out of character years between one another really made me feel some things i missed feeling

pacing was very solid, there was never a dull moment except insofar as they existed to give us a much needed break before the event threw us back into the fray again. i liked the situation constantly changing; "oh, we have a synth! wait, no it's gone. hey, there's a train of reinforcements! nevermind, they're dead." stuff constantly turning to ash as soon as we touched it. the feeling of that crumbling indecisiveness and constantly coming up with new plans just to scrap them for another hits me right in the adhd

the only thing i wouldve desired in fact would've been a 5-10 minutes of... nothing happening, actually. i would've appreciated a moment to actually talk to the guys under my command and get their read on the situation. get their opinions, have a little discussion, etc. something you and i have been learning @Rod is that good roleplayers make their own 'events' when left to their own devices. maybe it's time to exploit that a little? give them moments where they can stop as long as they want, then continue at their own leisure?

or maybe that's just the passiveRP absolutist in me speaking. oh well

its a shame @ShockyC and @contained postal dude didnt make it to the end, i was playing with the mentality of being a quasi-supporting character to the others so felt bad when i made it and they didn't

put this one up there with the kitchen's achievements. i enjoyed it thoroughly despite having been pitched the story from start to end weeks ago; and that is an accomplishment in its own right​

Last edited:

contained postal dude

returned, for real this time
Nebulae
the only thing i wouldve desired in fact would've been a 5-10 minutes of... nothing happening, actually. i would've appreciated a moment to actually talk to the guys under my command and get their read on the situation. get their opinions, have a little discussion, etc. something you and i have been learning @Rod is that good roleplayers make their own 'events' when left to their own devices. maybe it's time to exploit that a little? give them moments where they can stop as long as they want, then continue at their own leisure?
Big agree on that, would have loved a bit more time for passive, especially when we met up with the other remains of a protection team. The whole part with ZEALOT-2, and just chatting with the other units was one of my favorite bits of the event.

Nebulae
played:
garand rebel
grease gun rebel (garand rebel's brother... deep lore)
king-7 (executed by ark because he felt bored)
medic rebel
roller-28
event was good but it was weird that rod posted the final /event "Stay tuned for.. In Utter Darker..."

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
i played uhhhhh
all the music (except for the ending song)

ZEALOT-2
and misc rebels
also radio guy at the end in the epic lumberjack shirt coming over the bridge with beers

dorph

Neutrino
Nebulae
i played uhhhhh
all the music (except for the ending song)

ZEALOT-2
and misc rebels
also radio guy at the end in the epic lumberjack shirt coming over the bridge with beers
i love zealot 2 i love zealot 2

also did you plan on the irony of the one named "zealot" being the most cowardly

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
i love zealot 2 i love zealot 2

also did you plan on the irony of the one named "zealot" being the most cowardly
someone idk who suggested the name and i just played around it
i liked the idea that a bunch of fresh conscripts that are literally the bottom of the barrel last second recruitments were called ZEALOT