In your words, what is the definition of roleplay?

holiday adi

黑色土人
Nebulae
As the title says, what makes the server have the real feeling of "RolePlay" ?

For me, its the community that makes the RP so much enjoyable, i must say that if not the community of nebolous "lemonpunch", i propbaly would no longer play on hl2rp servers.

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
RolePlay is the act of playing a specific role.
The literal definition of roleplay is: the acting out or performance of a particular role, either consciously (as a technique in psychotherapy or training) or unconsciously, in accordance with the perceived expectations of society as regards a person's behaviour in a particular context.

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
Feeling guys, i didnt ask you to tell me what roleplay is.
Next time, read the thread.
You edited it. I checked the title which is ''What is the definition of roleplay'' which your original thread was too.

pudsey

Electron
Nebulae
kids yelling at each other in ts about something being unfair or an admin being bias.
that's what sets the mood for rp for me.

Carrie

String
Nebulae
a means to escape our pitiful existence for a simple moment in time as we're constantly reminded of our failure in life

AlexD

Iᴛ's ᴊᴜsᴛ ʀᴘ ʙʀᴏ
Nebulae
Did I ever tell you what the definition of roleplay is? Roleplay is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. The first time somebody told me that, I dunno, I thought they were bullshitting me, so, I shot him. The thing is... He was right. And then I started seeing, everywhere I looked, everywhere I looked all these fucking pricks, everywhere I looked, doing the exact same fucking thing... over and over and over and over again thinking 'this time is gonna be different' no, no, no please... This time is gonna be different, I'm sorry, I don't like... The way...

[Punches crate aside violently. His agitation towards the player character is visibly growing]

... you are looking at me... Okay, Do you have a fucking problem in your head, do you think I am bullshitting you, do you think I am lying? Fuck you! Okay? Fuck you!... It's okay, man. I'm gonna chill, hermano. I'm gonna chill... The thing is... Alright, the thing is I killed you once already... and it's not like I am fucking crazy. It's okay... It's like water under the bridge. Did I ever tell you the definition... of roleplay ?

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
Playing a role that you develop constantly through your interactions with both human and non-human beings / items.

Aka, character development.

Without it this is just HL2DM.

D

Deleted member 603

Running down the street yelling random shit and jumping around while punching people