International Gmod scene

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
Recently I've been trying to preserve the culture of Gmod around the world, and have noted example servers from many countries, but sorely lack cultural detail. I've heard that players from Chile play on Argentinian servers, and noticed that German communities are generally easier to document because they're good at record-keeping (and are an interesting mixture of English-speaking and German-speaking servers).

I'd be interested to read about any kind of cultural trend or memorable server from a variety of countries. Tagging active members from around the world @Señor Jaggles @Angel @PilotBland @Subeh @Ricsow

Reactions: List

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
I'mma be real I‘ve never played on a german RP Server unless you count DarkRP

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
while i dont play on them much i know for a fact that HL2RP is fucking huge in eastern European countries like Russia

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
I am Romanian
Do you know any Romanian servers (past or present?) What are they like?
I'mma be real I‘ve never played on a german RP Server unless you count DarkRP
Was the German DarkRP server any different to English/US DarkRP servers?
while i dont play on them much i know for a fact that HL2RP is fucking huge in eastern European countries like Russia
Was that scene slow to appear, and any different to English/US HL2RP servers?

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
Do you know any Romanian servers (past or present?) What are they like?

Was the German DarkRP server any different to English/US DarkRP servers?

Was that scene slow to appear, and any different to English/US HL2RP servers?
pretty sure russian servers have always been in their own bubble
and they always seem to have more consistent playercounts than english servers

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
pretty sure russian servers have always been in their own bubble
and they always seem to have more consistent playercounts that english server
Russian servers never had the big decline of 2015-16, probably due to the fact there's the language barrier there.

Also HL2 is still very popular, especially in Russia.

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
Recently I've been trying to preserve the culture of Gmod around the world, and have noted example servers from many countries, but sorely lack cultural detail. I've heard that players from Chile play on Argentinian servers, and noticed that German communities are generally easier to document because they're good at record-keeping (and are an interesting mixture of English-speaking and German-speaking servers).

I'd be interested to read about any kind of cultural trend or memorable server from a variety of countries. Tagging active members from around the world @Señor Jaggles @Angel @PilotBland @Subeh @Ricsow
Never played in Portuguese speaking gmod servers I'm afraid

Only thing I can say is that Danish people had a reputation for being absolute mong minges in the early 2010s throughout gmod

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I can't say much about Italy but surpisingly back in the day TTT was huge in Italy and many italian communities used to be huge on that. In fact, TTT is where I met @Uranio on that shitty boat map with containers and shit. Other then that they tried to do some darkRP but I don't believe they were particularly succesful

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Russian servers never had the big decline of 2015-16, probably due to the fact there's the language barrier there.

Also HL2 is still very popular, especially in Russia.
as far as I remember hl2rp isnt the same there as it is here, in terms of seriousness and quality (or at least in the way that we know hl2rp)

its just a darkrp reskin or something similar and I think the reason its hugely popular is due to it being big on youtube

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Also to add on the community dynamic/culture on those russian servers is really different compared to here

A lot of their communities/memes are shared on VK (which is like Russian facebook) and players tend to generally side with the Combine (and usually base those community/meme posts around them), contrary to how people tend to side with the resistance here (in the sense of seeing them as the cooler/more popular side)

And the gamemode just seems really predatory there in general, like I said its more akin to darkrp, just from browsing those VK groups for a few mins I see that they're selling shit like unbans/admin ranks for money

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Also to add on the community dynamic/culture on those russian servers is really different compared to here

A lot of their communities/memes are shared on VK (which is like Russian facebook) and players tend to generally side with the Combine (and usually base those community/meme posts around them), contrary to how people tend to side with the resistance here (in the sense of seeing them as the cooler/more popular side)
because they think authoritarian regimes are cool (because they live in one)

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
yeah you go on there and start typing/talking in english and they automatically assume you are american and say spouting american stereotypes shit at you and laughing at you because they assume only americans speak english

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
I can’t contribute to this topic, but I wish u the best I always thought cataloging and documenting this stuff is genuinely really fucking sick

NA players on GMOD ‘RP’ dying years will be remembered for playing 1942 RP