Introduction to the idea of God — Dr. Jordan B. Peterson

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
Looks like I know what I'm listening to tonight.
time to sit in a bath for 2 and a half hours while listening to two sounds; the sound of Peterson and the sound of Mozart but quiet in the background with incense burning by the sink. :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

Nebulae
Surprisingly interesting holy heck

I don't agree with some things he implies are true and kind of accepts to prove a point, but it was surprisingly enjoyable to listen to and actually takes a modern approach towards religion. i don't usually bother with religion or any sort of discussion about it but this was worth it.

tldr of his opinion (or what i think it was):

There are things we know are true or are aware of subconsciously without having any understanding of them on a practical level. They manifest themselves in art, in fiction and in dreams. Things like why people think Shakespeare is good, because of the ideas you gain from it. His argumentation is a lot more tidier than I make it seem, too. (like he goes over what ideas would actually constitute as useful, hence what is a useful framework that we are striving towards to live our lives, tying it into the ten commandments, which we generally know are true without needing them to be written down)

There's more and it's all pretty deep, but most of the above is to focus on what he wishes to gain from the study of the bible, which seems to be what this whole series will be about (exploring other related topics and the implications in the bible i'm sure). Basically, the bible was written to disseminate the huge variety of unconscious ideas we carry- he goes on to dissect the bible a bit more, and shows it's uses.

Reactions: List