• take ur rose coloured aviators off grandpa

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • millennials have ruined it

Votes: 27 81.8%

• Total voters

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae

man this is some sleep deprived thoughts coming in but you ever feel gmod rp is dying out? Seems new communities bar the small privates can't get a footing without some dumb drama killing it or people just not being interested at all, and it seems the level of quality has dipped considerably. Is it getting worse? Or am I just remembering it as better than it was?

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Personally I think its more that the smaller communities have always died out, they just died quieter in the past. The great giants are still about in some form but there isn't the massive boon of 2008-2012 and will probably continue to persist until the medium isn't viable anymore.

Shrinking? Maybe. But far from dying.

Shadow.

Quark
Nebulae
I don't really think that "rp" is dying since I still see a lot of roleplay communities growing up and getting larger and larger. I had a great roleplaying experience between 2014-2015 but now I don't really feel the "roleplay experience" so it might just be me being nostalgic. There are still a good amount of people roleplaying in other communities so it is way too far away from dying.

Reactions: List

not dani

Erotic Medical Technician
Nebulae
RP isn't restricted to only gmod. plenty of roleplayers exist across other mediums and it's far from dying off. it seems like its just always going to be around in some shape or form

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
is roleplay dying? no

is roleplay dying on garrysmod? yes

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
One thing that I noticed
is that, servers over time, right? They begin to grow much more mature

Ive seen a group of players go from Dark RP to NS with mics to NS with no mics.
I expect playerbases to mature a bit in how they handle their frameworks and stuff like that.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
One thing that I noticed
is that, servers over time, right? They begin to grow much more mature

Ive seen a group of players go from Dark RP to NS with mics to NS with no mics.
I expect playerbases to mature a bit in how they handle their frameworks and stuff like that.

i'd say we're at maximum maturity possible though

which is why it looks as though rp's dying, because now the only advancement is "growing up and leaving"

that's one of the reasons helix is being made i suppose, there's no other framework to take us

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
i'd say we're at maximum maturity possible though

which is why it looks as though rp's dying, because now the only advancement is "growing up and leaving"

that's one of the reasons helix is being made i suppose, there's no other framework to take us
When Im talking about those DarkRP servers, they start to grow up

But, yeah, I see what you mean.