{ J̸̺̐Ǘ̸̝D̸̝͋G̴̟̿Ę̶̔-̶͍͋4̸͉̈́ //S̶W̵O̷R̵D̷-̷5̴ } HUNTER-3 : Baptized in Bionics

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
alfggBJ.png

:: BIODAT SCAN ; DISSONANCE DETECTED ::
:: COGNITIVE DISSONANCE WILL BE NOT TOLERATED ; PURGED ::

:: PRIORITY OBJECTIVE ABOVE ALL ELSE ::

"Cannot Forget, Will no Forget. I am myself, I am Milan, I am myself - I cannot forget"
"HERO-4, JURY-1, VICTOR-6, JUDGE-0 ... you're all here with me too"
"I can hear without listening, see without looking and touch without feeling"
"I close my eyes, but I cannot rest. I open my mind but I cannot think"

<:: I need to Sleep. ::>

sadOTA.png

Last edited:

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
<:: SWORD, Condition Alpha - Move in Move in! ::>
<:: Copy That, Setting Condition Alpha ::>
<:: Two Down, Secure Daggers ::>
<:: Daggers Secure ... Bodypack Holding ::>

4Q7VJpI.png

Another Two down, a futile attempt to provoke us. Though the unique danger of a hijacked turret proved difficult. I flushed them out with Smokes - I did what I could, I recovered their weapons, the ammo. Stabilization teams secure the sector.

I wonder if anyone appreciated my help...

I wonder if those killed will be missed.​

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
"HERO-3, JURY-1, VICTOR-6, JUDGE-0 ... you're all here with me too"
HERO-3 would've been slightly more affected by your lack of presence if they could read this I am sure

now back to putting the enemy in their graves, enviably deadly transhuman soldier

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae

S17:SDR-2.HUNTER-5: "<:: SWORD-5, HUNTER-2, respond. ::>"

CbYT5w9.png

As you feel your skin to actually boil, you lose sight again, slowly. It feels like what you would imagine dying feeling like, as your body caves in to the pain, the stimulants not enough to reduce the pain intake.

UAVsvY1.png

"<:: Lost biosignal for protection-team unit HUNTER-2, SWORD-5. Locational data inaccesible. ::>"

You arrive back in a tunnel.

dhOsB2r.png

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae

3GIyekd.png

<:: SWORD-5, RE-DESIGNATE SECTOR NULL SIX ::>

:: Two Months
:: Within Two Months, I transformed from a Bottom Feeding Coward with nothing to my name into a War Hero
:: War Hero
:: I was a War Hero
:: Within Two Months, I turned from a forgettable, disposable 'Civil' Officer into a dependable, respected Phase One Soldier.
:: War Hero
:: I was a War Hero
:: It took Two Months

<:: And they turned me into a f̷̮̅u̷̻͝c̵̗̉k̵̠̈́i̶̩̋n̵͎̎g̴̫̐ custodian to bureaucrats ::>

dGsKJ10.png

I6arXw3.png

tOvcaSW.png

weTZLV7.png

<:: I need to get back ::>

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae

:: ANIMOSITY ::

clSmr4Z.png

:: In less than a day, what used to be comradery quickly soured into rivalry. And I ask myself, am I the JUDGE-4 they used to know? ::

lqGgeUw.png

:: We needed to, we had to. They gave us no other choice. Eight officers - a failed Coup ... :
:​

<:: Overwatch is requesting all units refresh and resolve. Cognitive dissonance will not be tolerated. Negative... Memories included. Update is live. Acceptance is mandatory. ::>

<:: Copy. Accepted. Updating cognitive suppression biodats. Update complete in T minus three seconds... Dissonance resolved. ::>

:: One Phrase ::
:: One Order ::

Reitu6X.png

":: Go Active Intercept ::"

n7ef2kE.png

:: Six Vaporized in an instant. Two executed to set an example ::

:: Eight Veterans, From the seas of Azov, to the Valley and Cities of Odessa. Tried and tested Functionaries. Survivors ::

:: Just like JURY-6, Just like DEFENDER-1 in the AI Core room. Am I even the same JUDGE-4 they know? ::

:: Am I myself? I don't even know anymore ::

aiB5qBl.png

<:: Overwatch is requesting all units refresh and resolve. Cognitive dissonance will not be tolerated. Negative... Memories included. Update is live. Acceptance is mandatory. ::>

<:: Copy. Accepted. Updating cognitive suppression biodats. Update complete in T minus three seconds... Dissonance resolved. ::>

Last edited:

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
As your visor blacks out, you feel disconnected, for the first time in months you feel truly alone.

<̴:̷:̷ ̵S̵W̵O̸R̸D̶-̶5̶,̴ ̷B̷e̶ ̷a̵d̶v̵i̸s̵e̵d̶ ̶-̵ ̷E̵x̶t̶e̸r̶n̶a̵l̸ ̸I̵n̵t̷e̶r̶f̴e̷r̴e̵n̸c̴e̸ ̴D̶e̴t̷e̷c̸t̵e̶d̷.̴ ̴H̷o̷l̴d̸ ̸f̶o̴r̷ ̶c̴a̸l̸i̴b̷r̸a̵t̸i̴o̴n̴ ̶a̸n̴d̸ ̷r̸e̷-̴u̵p̷l̵o̶a̸d̶.̴ ̵:̶:̴>̶

:: My Equipment is going haywire ... I - I need to get this sorted quickly ::

<̴:̷:̷ ̷A̵c̷k̸n̶o̵w̷l̵e̴d̵g̶e̶,̴ ̷B̴e̷a̵m̶ ̶f̶r̶o̸m̴ ̴S̵e̶c̸t̵o̵r̶ ̶1̴7̴ ̸D̷e̵t̴e̴c̴t̸e̷d̸ ̴-̶ ̴S̸t̴a̶n̴d̵ ̶b̸y̸ ̵f̴o̸r̶ ̷A̵n̷a̶l̴y̶s̷i̵s̶ ̴:̴:̷≯

:: This Kuskova keeps asking me questions, I can't hear her! I can't see her either! My shit's not working... ::

"SWORD-5, Hello? Can you hear me?"

roJf1fi.gif

<:: System Restored. SWORD-5, Re-calibrate and Resume ::>

:: Ping ... 0.8 Megabytes ... Audio ... Confirmed, Visual - Confirmed. Re-calibrating ::

"You completely shut down there! Hey how'd it feel like, being in total darkness like that? How was it - please spare no details, could you move? Could you even hear me - are you even listening now? Tsk..."

:: Kuskova ... this bitch, this intrusive ... darkness, the feeling? Feelings... ::

j7YOrld.png

Intrusive, like Kuskova's Insistence, the suppressed memories of the past deployments surface in SWORD-5's mind. A chain reaction that would prove debilitating to his function

She was able to inject a Manual Override, and suppress his motor functions, while the slowed and glitched Overwatch AI was able to upload a fresh batch of memories to replace SWORD-5's. He laid motionless.

8e3lOsq.png

TOxSqNd.png

"We need to move him..."

aCMYpu9.png

With the Effort of two Councillors, the Unit would return to Stasis. Unharmed - and without harm done. His body laid back to rest. His tortured mind put at ease.

:: SWORD-5 ... Unit ... in ... Stasis ... Gah ::

l8BNGBj.png

Motionless, Unidentifiable. Eyeless, Earless and without a voice - what was Milan Petrovski's body swung idle. Waiting for redeployment.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
As your visor blacks out, you feel disconnected, for the first time in months you feel truly alone.

<̴:̷:̷ ̵S̵W̵O̸R̸D̶-̶5̶,̴ ̷B̷e̶ ̷a̵d̶v̵i̸s̵e̵d̶ ̶-̵ ̷E̵x̶t̶e̸r̶n̶a̵l̸ ̸I̵n̵t̷e̶r̶f̴e̷r̴e̵n̸c̴e̸ ̴D̶e̴t̷e̷c̸t̵e̶d̷.̴ ̴H̷o̷l̴d̸ ̸f̶o̴r̷ ̶c̴a̸l̸i̴b̷r̸a̵t̸i̴o̴n̴ ̶a̸n̴d̸ ̷r̸e̷-̴u̵p̷l̵o̶a̸d̶.̴ ̵:̶:̴>̶

:: My Equipment is going haywire ... I - I need to get this sorted quickly ::

<̴:̷:̷ ̷A̵c̷k̸n̶o̵w̷l̵e̴d̵g̶e̶,̴ ̷B̴e̷a̵m̶ ̶f̶r̶o̸m̴ ̴S̵e̶c̸t̵o̵r̶ ̶1̴7̴ ̸D̷e̵t̴e̴c̴t̸e̷d̸ ̴-̶ ̴S̸t̴a̶n̴d̵ ̶b̸y̸ ̵f̴o̸r̶ ̷A̵n̷a̶l̴y̶s̷i̵s̶ ̴:̴:̷≯

:: This Kuskova keeps asking me questions, I can't hear her! I can't see her either! My shit's not working... ::

"SWORD-5, Hello? Can you hear me?"

roJf1fi.gif

<:: System Restored. SWORD-5, Re-calibrate and Resume ::>

:: Ping ... 0.8 Megabytes ... Audio ... Confirmed, Visual - Confirmed. Re-calibrating ::

"You completely shut down there! Hey how'd it feel like, being in total darkness like that? How was it - please spare no details, could you move? Could you even hear me - are you even listening now? Tsk..."

:: Kuskova ... this bitch, this intrusive ... darkness, the feeling? Feelings... ::

j7YOrld.png

Intrusive, like Kuskova's Insistence, the suppressed memories of the past deployments surface in SWORD-5's mind. A chain reaction that would prove debilitating to his function

She was able to inject a Manual Override, and suppress his motor functions, while the slowed and glitched Overwatch AI was able to upload a fresh batch of memories to replace SWORD-5's. He laid motionless.

8e3lOsq.png

TOxSqNd.png

"We need to move him..."

aCMYpu9.png

With the Effort of two Councillors, the Unit would return to Stasis. Unharmed - and without harm done. His body laid back to rest. His tortured mind put at ease.

:: SWORD-5 ... Unit ... in ... Stasis ... Gah ::

l8BNGBj.png

Motionless, Unidentifiable. Eyeless, Earless and without a voice - what was Milan Petrovski's body swung idle. Waiting for redeployment.

Making me all sad and shit man...

Reactions: List

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
8SwlOxG.png

Five Days. It's been five whole days. Activation, Stasis, Activation, Stasis. I've not had a good nights rest.

Bnxhp75.png

We do what we can - we did what we could. Even with their magic, our fortifications held strong.

DwBOtXz.png

No Rest, No Respite. While this city was infested - we stood guard.

WJvcRi1.png

But even still, what chance do we even have to make it out alive? My body is ready to give itself, but I cannot end here

Will this all be for naught? Will the nightmare finally be over? Fortunately I found my answer

led3jw9.png

"And..."
"As Babylon Fell..."

My body Froze, goosebumps raised across what's left of my natural skin. The voice of a Dead Man Talking.

"... And the time is long past due that you see what your fight … well. What it’s all been for."

Not a thought would escape my mind, it was paralyzed by his words. Feelings of Peace, Hope and even Regret circled around. The Suppression Biodats kept me from tears, if I could even cry.

"You have made the right choice."

Relief was brought upon us. Stuck between defensive positions with what was left of the Garrison placed a heavy burden on all of us. The death of comrades sowed distrust - but in that moment, the mood changed. Elation, Joy - it brought us closer together. We knew in that exact moment, we were going home.

This
… is how it ends.”

UFe5uHr.png

CqqjlwA.png

8cvGQeR.png

jV95HWl.png

5CvtEIl.png

Finally

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae

:: Respite. Recall and Recycle.

:: Two Weeks. I was Reborn.

MXK6ktC.png

:: Our Fate, Unfortunate

:: Our Goals, Unknown

:: Our Resolve, Undisputed

lZwfuOv.png

0ja6hkq.png

:: I feel Stronger

:: I feel Faster

:: I feel Better

:: I feel Superior

CqMEtD8.png

:: They never stood a chance.

qDJjT9H.png

<:: SWORD-5, Re-designated HUNTER-3. Preserve. ::>

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
UCvYLZ4.png

:: ALL UNITS, REPORT TO COMMAND

It was supposed to be a simple job. We had the manpower, we had the resources. Clear out an infestation at a nearby Transit Hub and secure an exit for our garrison - nothing we haven't dealt with before. We listened to the Holographic projection that relayed our orders, issuing us the necessary information.

:: LISTEN CLOSE, DUST-OFF IN T-MINUS FIFTEEN MINUTES. WE'RE LOOKING AT A NECROTIC AND...

The Dribble dragged on, I was loosing focus. Before I knew it, we were in the thick of it. The cold embraced me like a blanket.

AFj6Xzt.png

Xenians were cleansed in fire, nests burnt, guardians slain. Their young left to decay as the swarm disperses, hopeless to our advance.
Necrotics were decoupled from their parasitic masters. Their suffering put to an end by my own hands - I can only hope someone could be as merciful should I succumb to the same fate.

:: LISTEN UP, MAP DATA SHOWS THE CONTROL PANEL IS INACCESSIBLE - YOU'RE GOING TO NEED TO TAKE THE MAINTENANCE TUNNEL.​

I blanked, my memory fractured. It happened so fast I didn't even fully recognize the damage. The Orders from our Ordinal were relayed and I carried out my duty ... but - where did everyone go?

ImwpsSL.png

My Display, Lifevisual on allies dropping like flies. ST-31 at Fifty Percent Strength, PT-72 Wiped, PT-71 Merged with PT-70 to restore strength ... wait there are Contaminants down here?

WK1qQCw.png

Their bodypacks discarded, carcass disregarded, lifevis in darkness.
I could not help them anymore, they remain in Gods Hands now.
All I could do was move forward, re-organize who was left and carry on.

:: I'M DETECTING TOO MANY BIO-SIGNAL LOSSES, STABILIZATION TEAM APPLY FORWARD PRESSURE.

uiu4Dvu.png

It ripped through me. My bodypack was left in shambles - I saw a kid with fear in his eyes, he looked no older than 16 and gripped a slab of rust for a weapon. Seven Shots, I felt each and every one of them, but my Ordinal and Comrades were wounded - they depended on me. I couldn't stand down - I tackled the kid with me ... his fate was sealed.

But the Cold embraced me like a Blanket.

ANHIdQZ.png

I knew little of what happened afterwards, of those we lost and those we captured. I knew little about the achievements or information gained. All I knew was that I survived, and that I will be called upon again when my wounds heal.

image.png
If and When my time comes again.​