Jaxk's mostly Vortigaunt stuff

Jaxk

Quark
Nebulae
I'm going to be doing some poses for my own Vortigaunt character. I'm not amazing so don't expect the best poses but it's more for practise and wip.

MQcshhA.jpg

Untimely Decisions
Do you run or fight?
Vortigaunts legs are extremely hard to work with 8-| I tried to make it so the Vortigaunt is hiding with his back against the wall. I was going to make him more crouched but ended up doing a standing pose, then raising his arm showing a glowing effect charging up. C&C welcome.

I'll post more stuff when I think of ideas.

Cookie_

IT'S OKAY TO BE WHITE
Nebulae
I'm going to be doing some poses for my own Vortigaunt character. I'm not amazing so don't expect the best poses but it's more for practise and wip.

MQcshhA.jpg

Untimely Decisions
Do you run or fight?
Vortigaunts legs are extremely hard to work with 8-| I tried to make it so the Vortigaunt is hiding with his back against the wall. I was going to make him more crouched but ended up doing a standing pose, then raising his arm showing a glowing effect charging up. C&C welcome.

I'll post more stuff when I think of ideas.
I would zoom the camera on the vort more and add someone to background. That cop up there is hardly noticable due the camera mate. With angle like this the cop should be on the ground behind the corner.

Jaxk

Quark
Nebulae
I would zoom the camera on the vort more and add someone to background. That cop up there is hardly noticable due the camera mate. With angle like this the cop should be on the ground behind the corner.

Thanks for the input. I was going to try find a better spot but after starting I thought I'd just keep going. I tried zooming in but couldn't fit both of them in the picture. I kinda wanted the cp higher than the vort so he was looking up instead of to the side. I might redo this one again and see what improvements can be made.

Reactions: List
Nebulae
"Jaxk's mostly Vortigaunt stuff"

AH, YES.
My new favorite thread. Please do more! The lighting on the first one was practically perfect, and that orb is cute. Maybe the vortessence orb could've had more radiant light from it, seeing as how it isn't really a solid blob of gushy?
Regardless, favorite thread.

Jaxk

Quark
Nebulae

AH, YES.
My new favorite thread. Please do more! The lighting on the first one was practically perfect, and that orb is cute. Maybe the vortessence orb could've had more radiant light from it, seeing as how it isn't really a solid blob of gushy?

Thanks. I had to amend the light a lot it was either too dark or too bright. I had a bit of trouble with the orb since I didn't find a true way of recreating it entirely in gmod. The orb was just a glow which was placed near the vorts claws. I didn't have much choice in making it larger since you couldn't actually see the detail in the vorts claws/fingers any longer because it was so bright.

Cookie_

IT'S OKAY TO BE WHITE
Nebulae

AH, YES.
I do vorts aswell ._.

Jaxk

Quark
Nebulae
I do vorts aswell ._.

I like them. Some good ones.

Merged:
nKXV9Zj.jpg

Untimely Decisions (v2)
Do you run or fight?
This time I worked on my lighting. Posed the CP in the background and made him more clear in the picture. The Vortigaunts energy orb is brighter and more clear. Hopefully does a better job this time.

Still find Vortigaunts a struggle to pose. Their limbs are so different to humans. Not sure about the left arm. Tried to make it more realistic but couldn't get it just right.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

Merged:
nKXV9Zj.jpg

Untimely Decisions (v2)
Do you run or fight?
This time I worked on my lighting. Posed the CP in the background and made him more clear in the picture. The Vortigaunts energy orb is brighter and more clear. Hopefully does a better job this time.

Still find Vortigaunts a struggle to pose. Their limbs are so different to humans. Not sure about the left arm. Tried to make it more realistic but couldn't get it just right.

I'd say zoom in a bit more, add a few more CPs in the background (behind the other one) running, checking out the area and adding some rubble/junk to the pit so it doesn't look so bland.

Jaxk

Quark
Nebulae
I'd say zoom in a bit more, add a few more CPs in the background (behind the other one) running, checking out the area and adding some rubble/junk to the pit so it doesn't look so bland.

I didn't zoom in loads since I wanted to capture more of the Vortigaunts body. As for CP I wanted it to be like a 1v1 situations, lone unit sorta thing. Props would have been good yeah.

I just realised I think I made the third arm turned? Never even noticed xD

Last edited:

Cookie_

IT'S OKAY TO BE WHITE
Nebulae

Merged:
nKXV9Zj.jpg

Untimely Decisions (v2)
Do you run or fight?

IK I am kinda late but this one is pretty good my man! Keep it up!