Kafe's Map thread

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae

Needed to skip over some work done in the video since Christmas and covid knocked me out of making a video routine.
Anyway, quick edit smashed together of the worldspace project. for my work on and off around January.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Spent a bit of time recently talking to some existing fallout 4 modders, and was able to get my hands on a resource pack for a new foliage set, hits much closer to the intended world location, so been replacing them in areas where the assets were lacking.
20240203133739_1.jpg

Planning to start setting up the next main location I wanted to cover for my demo space.
Will need to worry after about bridging these isolated landscapes together.
( I did make a plan for it though so should be grand)

Reactions: List

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I didn't go back to look if anyone mentioned this already and I know it's off topic.. but this thread is over 5 and a half years old and still going

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
I didn't go back to look if anyone mentioned this already and I know it's off topic.. but this thread is over 5 and a half years old and still going
Going through I'm surprised how much stuff in this thread actually got finished,
although there's a good few things in here I'm certainly sad didn't make it in the end.

- City 33
(Horizontal distance got obscene, but still one I'm thematically interested in)

- 'Vertical City'
(5 different versions, only one really felt alright, but christ city maps are difficult beasts)

- L4D2 Firestarter Campaign
(still planning on it, mind you)

- All the WW3RP maps
(like 90% of them come from me misinterpreting what stasiland was going to be)

- New Refuge
(Blew the Displacement budget in the first area like an idiot)

Hopefully my Fallout 4 project doesn't join the pile, want to go back and empty 'the list' rather than expand on it.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae

First time I'm my life that I've ever got dialogue working in creation kit.
Was never my strong suit but I've got a grip on it now, generally makes sense when you've got the hang of it.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Been doing overtime at work recently so not as much progress as I'd like, still got some things in.

Bit of grass plain beside watchpoint 9, setup to be a wolf den encounter.
Likely going to add a small cave interior to this to link up more alternative approaches for the demo quest, but for now it sets up a combat encounter for the wolves to take advantage of the grass and dense foliage to ambush players.
20240224170958_1.jpg

Connecting to this, I've added a quick hunter trap, trip wire between the cliff path that drops a grenade bouquet from the suspended tree.
Meant to be more obvious to players this time around at least, more built to scare off the nearby wolves.
20240224171022_1.jpg

Work right now is mostly less involved landscape work, only a tiny chunk of empty terrain between the two areas I've done, so want to bridge them together to have the experience so far feel less segmented and more distinctly open world.