Knights of the Old Republic 2 review (Spoilers)

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
Knights of the Old Republic 2 Review
Holy fuck...This game is a masterpiece. First thing first is there are spoilers down below and I was using the Restored Content Mod, so keep that in mind. Let us begin.

The Graphics
I'm not one to really care about graphics, the game looks fine for it's age. The game does offer really nice set pieces later in the game.
417141F301646928A04554795EFD4FCE46F07E25

Like this beautiful set piece later in the game, when on the Ravager. The textures are varied from Planet to Planet and actually feels like something you'd see in Star Wars

Atmosphere
Holy fuck... This game is amazing with the Atmosphere, in my opinion. Every Planet traveled to felt like it was breathing and alive, like there were actual events happening. One choice affected another quest/choice. The sound design is great! It made me feel as if I was in the Star Wars universe. The Voice acting also needs to be commended, except for one part.
xjijKxY.jpg

fuck this bitch. I know it's apart of the Restored Content mod, but c'mon the voice actor sucks and is annoying.

Characters
All the characters are really likable and you get invested in their stories, especially Atton. In my Opinion Atton was my favorite party member besides T3 and HK-47. In the end when Bao-Dur's droid dies, I teared up. I teared up at the death of a droid. Their pacing and the way they tell their stories is really interesting and well done.

Story
Overall the story is amazing.You take the role of the Exile, a jedi that was exiled from the Order due to fighting with Revan during the wars .I haven't been invested in a story for a while. The pacing is really well done. You don't even know about the Sith until you get off Telos (I think, I cannot remember). You only see this masked Figure once, and it's a looming threat that you know you are going to have to face later in the game. The twist in this game is foreseeable, but nonetheless was surprising. And the way your actions influenced your characters to fall to the light or Dark was well done. I was mostly a Light-side character. It has you jumping Planet from Planet searching for Jedi Masters to either Kill them, or Ask them why you were casted out from the Jedi Order.

Gameplay
Gameplay consist of mainly selecting from three categories, the main attacks, the force powers, and the usables. The Main attacks are the basic attacks mixed in with a Power attack, Critical Attack and Flurry Attack. The Force Powers are self explanatory and the Usables are grenades and rockets. I mained a melee character that used two lightsabers.
cYAxzYB.jpg

The gameplay keeps you involved and is always moving, unless you press space, which lets you strategize your next move. You get to pick attributes and skills that allow you to excel in different areas of combat and of other things, like persuasion, hacking and stealth.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Moon

Quark
Nebulae
pretty well articulated and agreeable review. i only played this back on xbox (without restored content) where it was received less favorably than the original although now it seems like the inverse.

have you played the original? one of bioware's best games, even before they got EA'd

Dicknose

Nebulae
pretty well articulated and agreeable review. i only played this back on xbox (without restored content) where it was received less favorably than the original although now it seems like the inverse.

have you played the original? one of bioware's best games, even before they got EA'd
I have not, planning on playing it.

Dicknose

Nebulae
unfortunately it's not as refined as KOTOR II and it hasn't aged too well. if it works for you though, i'd safely wager you'd like it.
It was a damn task to get it working in 1080p, but I think I will enjoy it.

Elizabeth

Lamb of Columbia
Nebulae
If I'm being honest, I only played KOTOR II for a few hours. I sadly couldn't get into it compared to KOTOR I. I dunno why. After playing the intro I was on the first planet for a few hours but I had no idea what I was doing.

I still need to play it, but KOTOR. What a fantastic RPG. The sword combat looked great, the characters were good.

Reactions: List