Lag on some games

Yurivw

Storage Expert
Nebulae
Hello!

Recently I have noticed some lag in several of the games I play, for example Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, Arma 3, Ark: Survival Evolved, Rising Storm 2 and the list goes on. I'm not sure what, if anything, could use an upgrade in my PC.

It's usually not the normal low FPS lag, instead it's random drops of FPS. It doesn't make the game unplayable, but it always seems to happen right when I'm about to shoot someone... Typical.

Would you guys have any idea what could cause this?

These are my specs
de889ea2c32e4aab81f7797e78836863.png

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
It's usually not the normal low FPS lag, instead it's random drops of FPS. It doesn't make the game unplayable, but it always seems to happen right when I'm about to shoot someone... Typical.
turn all your settings to the most minimal you can
restart game
do what makes it lag, see if it lags again
NO MATTER WHAT you should have MSAA / FXAA and any shader options on the lowest you can get them, that should generally sort any major lag issues you've got mate

Sulaco

Proton
Nebulae
Hello!

Recently I have noticed some lag in several of the games I play, for example Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, Arma 3, Ark: Survival Evolved, Rising Storm 2 and the list goes on. I'm not sure what, if anything, could use an upgrade in my PC.

Would you guys have any idea what could cause this?

These are my specs
de889ea2c32e4aab81f7797e78836863.png
ARK: Survival Evolved has a very poor optimization.
Arma 3 requires an excellent CPU along with a good GPU to accompany.
I don't know about Rising Storm 2 and Battlegrounds, but I believe the problem is your PC Specs.

liew

Don't Shoot I'm Too Short
Nebulae
ARK: Survival Evolved has a very poor optimization.
Arma 3 requires an excellent CPU along with a good GPU to accompany.
I don't know about Rising Storm 2 and Battlegrounds, but I believe the problem is your PC Specs.
rising storm 2 is pretty optimised, I had lower specs than this guy and managed to run it really well on on medium-high settings.

I did turn off some shadows etc, which seemed to really help with fps. If you're fine with 40fps on rs2 just stick everything on medium.

Jamie

Legion
Head Staff
Media Developer
Nebulae
Unless either your CPU, CPU or RAM is dying then there shouldn't be much reason why you're dropping frames so much.

How long ago did you format both your hard drives or clean up your PC?

Either Format your PC completely, including the OS or Defrag (use defraggler) your PC and do a malware check (use malwarebytes)
[doublepost=1497359348][/doublepost]Then again, you are playing a good select of games that are known for fps drops. (Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, Arma 3, Ark: Survival Evolved, Rising Storm 2)

Try play another game that has good optimisation, and if it drops in fps; then you have a problem outside the game.