Laptop Overheating, Then crashes.

Mirukihoshi

internet therapist
Nebulae
Heya, so I've got a big problem.

When I turn on my laptop; I'm on it for a bit- 30 minutes or so? Then, it just crashes. My whole sound cuts off and it goes to a black screen. Then- I turn it back on, it takes like 10 minutes. So then, I have like MAYBE 20 minutes. I have already downloaded speedfan- but that only helped for a couple days. Are there any other programs or easy things I can do to fix this? I'd prefer not having to open my laptop because that shit is complicated, so easy fixes would be helpful. I also am using a flat surface; with space for the air flow. I'm just out of ideas.

pls help me

Reactions: List

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
Compressed air, open the laptop, spray air at fans.

I know you don't want too but it's your best bet. More than likely a dust build up inside. I remember when I opened my PC after 8 months and it was like opening a sarcophagus for the first time.

Also - perhaps consider either replacing the thermal paste on your CPU or topping over it with some good brand. You can buy a tube of good paste for about £5 in the UK and it helps a lot. Just be sure to wear a static armband if you plan to do this yourself as one static discharge and poof, CPU may be dead.

Gimmie

QNZBGCVQXDQZOWP
Nebulae
when i had this, the problem was that the graphics card's fan stopped working and was clogged with dust.
clean your shit

Reactions: List

Hayden

Quark
Nebulae
If it's doing it every 30 minutes then that could suggest something else unrelated to overheating, possibly the battery dying, I know some laptops have a function that states that your laptop is overheating, cuts any none-core programs performing a safe shutdown, and then just shuts it down normally.

Would you be able to say the make and model of your Laptop so I can see if this is a common problem?