Left side of keyboard won't work (FIXED)

halolegend2000

Electron
Nebulae
Hello nebulous. As I am writing this on my phone, the left side of my keyboard refuses to work, except for the W, S, 2, and X keys. Please help me.

Reactions: List

anotherninja1

Proton
Nebulae
might be shorting out if you spilled shit on it
so

take off all the key caps, buy some of this:
163-005.01_s500_p1.jpg

and genocide the keyboard with it

Dalekfodder

Proton
Nebulae
Guys, I'm not an idiot. Please give me valid answers.

Okay first things first flip the laptop when its covers open and shake it down so any crumbles in it can fall off

your issue looks like a mechanical one rather than software so if that doesnt fix it then you have to figure out how to remove your keyboard, if its mechanical than it is possivle that you can pull the keys off and simply just clean underneath it

patty

Proton
Nebulae
They arent stuck, they press down just fine, they refuse to work.
Funny enough, it can be an OS issue as Windows/OSX controls the numbers (keys are ordered in numbers, so Q is 1, etc). If something happened, then your OS may not pick it up. It can also be a hardware issue as the controller which connects the keyboard to the motherboard may be undone. Best bet is to bring it to a local computer repair shop (not BestBuy) as they can open it (hopefully) without voiding the warranty.

Mirukihoshi

internet therapist
Nebulae
Does this happen when you lap-top is hot? It could be that you computer gets so hot that your keys don't work. A restart usually fixes it. Also- just keep your computer cleaned.