Serious Let's talk about DVT.

DertyMike™

Proton
Nebulae
deep vein thrombosis (DVT).

This is an issue I feel should be brought up (No offenses intended, but a genuine concern.) DVT, where blood clots form from lack of movement in the legs, is normally restricted to older patients who have thicker blood, are less active and are likely overweight. I recently came across an article regarding a 12 year old boy who developed DVT after only four hours (He was sitting crossed legged.) and it made me realize how a lot of people I know, even active ones, who spend long periods of time sitting down (IE at work, gaming school etc.) should get up and move around and stretch your legs every 90 minutes or so.

Honestly, just getting up to get a drink, go to the bathroom, playing with your cat/dog for a moment - anything at all to just get up and move around a bit. The number of people who get a DVT is incredibly high and shouldn’t be ignored, even from those who don't fly for long periods or aren't 40, Gamers are at such a high risk of DVT. Just for the sake of your health and well-being, just get up and walk around a bit; DVT is a serious issue and I hope this thread will let a few of you know to just get up, even if for a few minutes every few hours to just stretch your legs and get the blood flowing again. Thanks :)

Reactions: List