Serious LGBT Thread

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
Being gay is great cuz i wont have kids which means i can dedicate myself 100% to being cat dad instead

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
if i was a cat i would sleep all day

curl up in cat ball

slep
[doublepost=1582863313][/doublepost]oh my god i'd purr SO hard

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
i hate facial hair
Just because you can't grow any doesn't mean you should hate it Chez

I've got a light stubble I'm pretty proud of. People compliment it whenever they first meet me so I keep it short and sweet. I've grown to dislike having a clean cut on my own face because it just feels weird for it to be smooth.
[doublepost=1582864164][/doublepost]
can't decide whether blonde facial hair is a blessing or a curse
Definite curse

Reactions: List

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
did they even list a reason?

job might have been some shoo-in.

I got a copy pasted notice that was sent to some of my other friends who applied. Typical HR corporate bullshit "Thank you so much for applying, but unfortunately due to the competitiveness of the position we had to be selective, please apply again when positions open" blah blah. It was a tech related job that brought modest pay. If they just denied me, it would've been fine. But they strung me along and wasted my time and that hurts. She arranged two interviews, and backed out of both of them. Bullshit.

Zombine

DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
Nebulae
I got a copy pasted notice that was sent to some of my other friends who applied. Typical HR corporate bullshit "Thank you so much for applying, but unfortunately due to the competitiveness of the position we had to be selective, please apply again when positions open" blah blah. It was a tech related job that brought modest pay. If they just denied me, it would've been fine. But they strung me along and wasted my time and that hurts. She arranged two interviews, and backed out of both of them. Bullshit.
if they weren't going to take you seriously then you probably dodged a bullet by not working somewhere like that.
i've been getting similar things, companies acting super interested and asking me to take 3-4 pre-interview skill quizzes, I pass all of them, then no reply or "sorry filled it already LOL"

also even got one reply from some place that basically said "please never apply here again"

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
Keep your head up. Some people are simply like that. You're worth much more than some unserious silly little managers at a place you'd probably not even like working at. There are a LOT of places where interviews are unserious and not prioritized properly, and not even handled correctly.

also even got one reply from some place that basically said "please never apply here again
LOL wtf

Zombine

Nebulae
8 hour pre-interview skill-check (so screening questions basically)
2 programming questions
got 3/4ths done, finished the first question, was having difficulties with second and got about halfway there, could have finished it if i had another day.
said "fuck it" turned in answers anyway.
got a very wordy reply that called me lazy and they said to take my work ethic elsewhere.

me @ my application to them
2020-02-27_22-38-37.gif

bubblegum

Nebulae
if they weren't going to take you seriously then you probably dodged a bullet by not working somewhere like that.
i've been getting similar things, companies acting super interested and asking me to take 3-4 pre-interview skill quizzes, I pass all of them, then no reply or "sorry filled it already LOL"
also even got one reply from some place that basically said "please never apply here again"

Tech jobs are fucking hell. I hate corporate. I hate HR. It's filled by people who don't know how to program, so they expect you to have a fancy degree and have ten years experience with libraries / frameworks that have been around for like 6 years. This was more for an auxilary role, something simple that I could have on my resume. I didn't care that I got denied, I cared that I got screwed. Uggg.

Keep your head up. Some people are simply like that. You're worth much more than some unserious silly little managers at a place you'd probably not even like working at. There are a LOT of places where interviews are unserious and not prioritized properly, and not even handled correctly.

Thank you :s

got a very wordy reply that called me lazy and they said to take my work ethic elsewhere.

smfh. If it's bad for me now, imagine how bad it will be when I apply in a few months to serious developer jobs. How many times will my application be autodenied by the HR robot, you think? 100? 150?

Zombine

Nebulae
How many times will my application be autodenied by the HR robot, you think? 100? 150?
need more BUZZWORDS and FANCY LOOKING SKILLS
i applied to a job that was titled "Software Engineer - 2019 New Graduates (Entry Level)" which required 10 years of experience.
if it was a physical ad i would have torn it down and spat on it.

Matty

Proton
Nebulae
need more BUZZWORDS and FANCY LOOKING SKILLS
i applied to a job that was titled "Software Engineer - 2019 New Graduates (Entry Level)" which required 10 years of experience.
if it was a physical ad i would have torn it down and spat on it.

Sorry what was that, IDIOT?
You didn't start coding since you were TWELVE?!
Fucking lazy MORON
how do you expect to get a job
stop ASKING for handouts......
its not hard to code just type some NUMBERS :laughing:

Zombine

Nebulae
Sorry what was that, IDIOT?
You didn't start coding since you were TWELVE?!
Fucking lazy MORON
how do you expect to get a job
stop ASKING for handouts......
its not hard to code just type some NUMBERS :laughing:
imagine if the standard applied to any other job

becoming a nurse:
• 10+ years experience dealing with coronavirus outbreaks
• able to work the front desk, clean entire hospital
• able to perform brain surgery
• must relocate to within 5 feet of hospital
• handle all incoming and outgoing communication from department

Matty

Proton
Nebulae

becoming a nurse:

"So, how old are you?"
"Fourteen."
"Alright, and you're applying for our position in retail."
"Yessir."
"You don't have ten years experience as a Cashier, you're not what we're looking for."
"But I'm only fourtee--"
"You should have started looking for work when you were four. Stop asking for handouts and actually work for what you want."
[doublepost=1582873432][/doublepost]Thank god it's not as bad in Australia and I can actually get work.
Even though there's no fucking full time work and I'm basically doomed to be a casual that gets 6-7 hours a week maximum unless it's Christmas
LOL

bubblegum

Nebulae
need more BUZZWORDS and FANCY LOOKING SKILLS.

We need rockstar developers who can change the world! We need valuable ninjas gurus growth hackers who can disrupt the industry! We want to revolutionize the way you do x. It's like y, but x with the internet of things!

becoming a nurse:

You don't want a full stack developer, you want an entire team but only want to pay one person. Fuuck. I know for a fact this is going to be my life as someone who wants to work with both front end and back end.

Even though there's no fucking full time work and I'm basically doomed to be a casual that gets 6-7 hours a week maximum unless it's Christmas
LOL

I plan to move to California to get a nice paying web development job. Maybe Paypal can hire me???

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
imagine living in a country where you cant report an employer for misconduct or discrimination so they cant string you along
this post was made by sweden gang

nah for real though feel bad for you americans, best of luck @la goblina